Luda

Lana Del Rey Genre?

hard 2 categorize her in genres because sometimes shes video games, sometimes shes art deco, sometimes shes so legit, sometimes shes scarface, sometimes shes maha maha, long story short shes made music in a bunch of genres

if were going by just studio stuff, alternative pop and baroque pop.

pNjWdpc.png

What I always loved with Lana's music is her wide variety of genres she's effortlessly dipping in. Especially if you look at all her unreleased and early stuff. There's Pop, Psychedelic(Rock), TripHop, elements from Jazz, Folk, soundtrack music... In the end she really has created her own genre. Baroque Pop and Hollywood Sadcore are pretty good descriptions though. :)

Mostly Alternative-Pop (well Born to Die certainly was, same with Love, and MTWBT, HBTB), 

But she is SO diverse of course we can't call UV and the rest of the Honeymoon songs Alt-Pop can we? :')

She's her own genre.

p.s. ive seen Lizzy Grant stuff labelled as 'Experimental' 

I really miss the strong hip hop influence from the early records which feel very few and far between on the last couple releases.  Makes me curious if that was more of an influence from the producers of BTD and Paradise, or if it was just a phase that she's gradually grown tired of.

26vMNDz.gif