bwugdakfbabue

Kim Petras

15 hours ago, sweetener said:

this + the fact she can't pull off tongue in cheek / funny songs as well as Doja or even Katy. :rip: Coconuts is a parody of a pop song. 

yeah they're making her go down the childlike sexual innuendo route in the same vein as katy perry but it just doesn't work for her

i love you, but you don't understand me.

I love Kim so much but I have to admit Era 1 she was making the best pop music I'd heard in years and this new stuff is just okay. I prefer it to Clarity as it's way more pop Kim which I love. Je T'adore is by far my favourite and FSN is cute but it sounds a little too much like some of the TOTL breakdowns and stuff we've heard before. I think Coconuts is a bit disappointing for a second single, but it's not the worst thing in the world. Since hearing her performance once I've had it stuck in my head so she must be doing something right! She definitely should've dropped it the night of the EMA's though... 

coconuts is odd and doesn't work all that well but hit it from the back seems nice. i also agree that era 1 is her strongest, but after era 1 clarity really flopped for me because it felt really lazy, so i can't say im surprised that her newer stuff is lazy-ish as well lol

xMcVPI7.jpg

43 minutes ago, DearSociety13 said:

Confused about all the hate for Coconuts. It definitely has more replay value than the overly complicated, uncatchy lead single we were given in August that no one has streamed.

it does. doesn't make it good tho 

qfrWuBl.png

1 hour ago, DearSociety13 said:

Confused about all the hate for Coconuts. It definitely has more replay value than the overly complicated, uncatchy lead single we were given in August that no one has streamed.

Coconuts and TFSN seem like too separate campaigns. Coconuts would have fit with Malibu and Tropical. 

6 minutes ago, Lukeb said:

Coconuts and TFSN seem like too separate campaigns. Coconuts would have fit with Malibu and Tropical. 

i feel like people forget that tropical sounded god awful... like that snippet is horrid?? malibu is fine but when she played them on insta live i think tropical's horridness was overshadowed with how good malibu sounded 

xMcVPI7.jpg

2 hours ago, abombnd said:

i feel like people forget that tropical sounded god awful... like that snippet is horrid?? malibu is fine but when she played them on insta live i think tropical's horridness was overshadowed with how good malibu sounded 

oh gosh I totally forgot about tropical lol did it ever leak? is it going to be on the album? I don't think so

1 hour ago, LunaeManifestum said:

oh gosh I totally forgot about tropical lol did it ever leak? is it going to be on the album? I don't think so

It didn’t leak and I think it was scrapped with the 2020 album. 

1 hour ago, KillForLove said:

Noah fence but like since when does Luke let his artists release garbage singles like this? Like how did her quality control go so downhill? What about her or her team changed like I'm so confused?

she signed with a major label, that's what happened 

4 minutes ago, Motorcycle Love Divine said:

she signed with a major label, that's what happened 

it's Luke's imprint though, he would still probably have the control over what she's releasing much like he had control over artists' single choices on Kemosabe

1 hour ago, KillForLove said:

Noah fence but like since when does Luke let his artists release garbage singles like this? Like how did her quality control go so downhill? What about her or her team changed like I'm so confused?

her label is trying to transform her into some kind of new katy perry like they already did with some artists, but they all ended the same: forgotten. 

On 11/16/2021 at 9:19 PM, comeintomybedroom said:

Actually i stream fsn everyday at the gym. sometimes twice! (:

:rip:

A 3 month old lead single with only 5 million streams isn't great. Republic will not be launching the album anytime soon.