bwugdakfbabue

Kim Petras

It’s always kinda hard to pinpoint outtakes for debut albums (or debut eras in this case, lol) cause the sessions take place over so many years.

I would argue that the songs that most count as outtakes are the Jon Castelli songs, because like someone here mentioned, some of them were reworked for the singles (like Hillside Boys). And she was already writing with Aaron Joseph at that time.

So songs like Push Push Push and Choker make sense to me, especially since they’re consistent with the sound and she’s expressed her like for those songs.. Choker may have even been reworked for the scrapped Candy album a few months ago.

Of course, I’m excluding DPOYH which we know is an outtake.

35 minutes ago, Kurt said:

It’s always kinda hard to pinpoint outtakes for debut albums (or debut eras in this case, lol) cause the sessions take place over so many years.

I would argue that the songs that most count as outtakes are the Jon Castelli songs, because like someone here mentioned, some of them were reworked for the singles (like Hillside Boys). And she was already writing with Aaron Joseph at that time.

So songs like Push Push Push and Choker make sense to me, especially since they’re consistent with the sound and she’s expressed her like for those songs.. Choker may have even been reworked for the scrapped Candy album a few months ago.

Of course, I’m excluding DPOYH which we know is an outtake.

Is Sex Up For Fun for Era 1 or Clarity?

Is Somber considered a "Clarity" or "Problematique" outtake?

9 minutes ago, Yes To Heaven said:

I don’t know for sure but I’m pretty sure it was stated somewhere that SUFF was meant for Clarity. There’s also another Clarity outtake she mentioned called “Oh My God” or “OMG”

I’m guessing Somber was from the Problématique sessions

21 hours ago, Yes To Heaven said:

Sex Up is from 2019 and doesn't fit with the soundscape of Clarity, and she said Somber wasn't for any particular project.

BzhmW.png

11 minutes ago, drewby said:

Sex Up is from 2019 and doesn't fit with the soundscape of Clarity, and she said Somber wasn't for any particular project.

Azealia was working on her Sex Up verse about 3 months before Clarity came out and Somber was stated to be a new song in June of 2021 when Problématique sessions were well under way

So they might not have been intended for those projects (in fact, we know Somber wasn’t on the tracklist) but I think it’s safe to say they at least come from those album sessions

15 minutes ago, blameitonme said:

it's gonna be interesting to see what direction her debut actually goes in, because wasn't problematique started when she was independent still? 

Not that I know of... which songs are the oldest? Because Malibu def wasn't for it. I thought Problématique started in mid-late 2020... no?

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: