bwugdakfbabue

Kim Petras

i kinda feel like kim is the perfect example of how damaging it is that so many artists in the streaming era release so many “projects” before their debut album 🧍 if this were her fourth or fifth album (which it very well could’ve been), then honestly who really cares that much if it’s not great. but this is her proper debut, there’s a lot riding on it, and her best work/possibly her best creative years were spent on releasing stand-alone singles

39 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i kinda feel like kim is the perfect example of how damaging it is that so many artists in the streaming era release so many “projects” before their debut album 🧍 if this were her fourth or fifth album (which it very well could’ve been), then honestly who really cares that much if it’s not great. but this is her proper debut, there’s a lot riding on it, and her best work/possibly her best creative years were spent on releasing stand-alone singles

I agree with you 100% 

She could have had some of her era 1 stand alone singles reworked and adding some unreleased created a Perfect pop album with 80s vibes… 

1. Cant Do Better

2. Push Push Push

3. Heart To Break

4. Shame On Me

5. Cherry On Top

6. Bittersweet Surrender

7. If U Think About Me

8. I Dont Want It at All

9. Hillside Boys

10. If Jesus Was a Rockstar

11. Dark Part Of Your Heart

12. I’ll Be Dancing

this could have been a perfect debut but I understand It has passed a lot of time since…

Even if I didnt like Malibu much I think she should have continued that route, and if the tropical/reagge influencedalbum didnt work just move on and work on the next… I actually like some of those outtakes and if It was polished It could be a cute idea

1. Malibu

2. Top Down

3. Coconuts

4. For Me

5. Oceans

6. Choker

7. Break the AC

8. Painkillas

9. Trampoline

10. Shut The Fck Up

11. Maybe Baby

12. Alien 

I don’t know… so many possibiliteis yet is frustrating seeing her fail… It must be really sad to get signed and dont be able to complete your dream! Hope she goes back on track cause I used to stand her hard when she was independent 

Tropical Pop - EP

01. Malibu

02. Sex It Up For Fun

03. Tropical

04. Something About You

05. Born Again

06 Coconuts

07. Hit It From The Back

08. Deeper

09. Sex Talk

it’s frustration because even from an outsider perspective, it would be so easy for her to put together some thing, cohesive, listenable, and palatable. But I feel that her label is making her cater too much to virality.

This is your biggest hit, and first major one without Dr. Luke as a collaborator. People have questioned your working relationship with him. Do you see “Unholy” as a chance to move past it?

I’ve always been a songwriter. Anything I’ve done, I’ve been a big part of writing. I’ve always collaborated with different people and producers. Luke is the one person people like to pick out and be like, “This is obviously who has to write all of this girl’s music because she can’t be talented and that’s a big name.” But I am here because I’m good at writing, and I do my sh-t.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, sweetener said:

This is your biggest hit, and first major one without Dr. Luke as a collaborator. People have questioned your working relationship with him. Do you see “Unholy” as a chance to move past it?

I’ve always been a songwriter. Anything I’ve done, I’ve been a big part of writing. I’ve always collaborated with different people and producers. Luke is the one person people like to pick out and be like, “This is obviously who has to write all of this girl’s music because she can’t be talented and that’s a big name.” But I am here because I’m good at writing, and I do my sh-t.

lol what? she didn’t answer the question and also i don’t see anyone ever questioning her talent - they’re questioning her ethics of working with DR FUCKING LUKE

god it just gets worse for her she’s hopeless 

2 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

I mean it doesn’t fit on Clarity at all and thematically sounds like a TOTL song :nails:

I can’t hear it fitting on TOTL though but I guess if it had the proper production it would fit on the album! I need someone to rework it so we can add it to TOTL P3

lilkimxchapelle.png

4 minutes ago, Dua Lipa said:

I can’t hear it fitting on TOTL though but I guess if it had the proper production it would fit on the album! I need someone to rework it so we can add it to TOTL P3

It’s on my TOTL 3 right between Ghost and B L O O D S U C K E R :nails: