bwugdakfbabue

Kim Petras

listened to this song a few times today, now that im over the initial and intense disappointment, its fine i guess. this song had so much fucking potential to be the greatest electropop hit of 2023 and yeah its just mediocre drill pop that sounds like a clarity reject. it sounds like she wrote the chorus and filled it in with the blandest off-the-shelf verses she could find. but like, its not bad, its just okay. good driving music. its fun when you put 0 thought into it. 6/10

they call me the xcx archivist the way i am archiving xcx

1 hour ago, Nigel Hitch said:

it's a decent song stop being so dramatic :biblio: btw im glad it's not a boring eletro pop song:bop:

It is not… u could bop to it? Yes. 

but why conform with mediocrity when she has proven before what she’s capable of? 

it’s not like it’s just one lackluster song, it’s one after another :um: at this point it’s not hate, but concern for her public image… the label is clearly doing her dirty 

I feel bad for even complaint about Malibu and FSN which I found mediocre… this is a whole new level of disappointment. What is going on with her? 

Like how is this the same girl that made There Will Be Blood, Do Me, and If U Think About Me? 

I really hope they end up dropping a more europop leaning remix cause they really could have a hit on their hands,, this version is just Not it. That chorus with the sample has so much potential. She def saw the reactions to that new snippet and even tweeted "trust me" or w/e so maybe there's still hope for this song lmao.

qfrWuBl.png

It's the way it never becomes the europop track that the chorus promises for me.

It goes into a drill track that is very meh. The song is not even horrible as in Unholy, but it's the potential lost that hurts. I lowkey think that, if the whole song was an europop/electropop track with only the Nicki verse of that drill production, it would've worked much better.

But let me tell you, I'd trade Nicki's verse with another of Kim's in a heartbeat. No hesitation.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

6 hours ago, Anonymcomenter said:

It is not… u could bop to it? Yes. 

but why conform with mediocrity when she has proven before what she’s capable of? 

it’s not like it’s just one lackluster song, it’s one after another :um: at this point it’s not hate, but concern for her public image… the label is clearly doing her dirty 

the label is not the bad guy lol... SHE IS ruining her own image when she gives the rapist a pass on twitter... it's not about her label :biblio:

anyways alone is listenable n she's not even my fav artist so i dont give a fuck about her music. the only song of hers that i really like is broken:gtfo:

Like production/producer issues aside, even just by lyrical content and melodies alone, how can she go from the single releases to Clarity to There Will be Blood to….everything that’s come after? What happened? Did she accidentally sacrifice a second born to the illuminati instead of a first born?

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Nigel Hitch said:

the label is not the bad guy lol... SHE IS ruining her own image when she gives the rapist a pass on twitter... it's not about her label :biblio:

anyways alone is listenable n she's not even my fav artist so i dont give a fuck about her music. the only song of hers that i really like is broken:gtfo:

Well… TOTL is produced by the same guy and it’s considered among her best work by everyone here so…!! I don’t think working with him is the problem here, lots of gays seem to ignore that fact. 

For me clearly the problem is the low quality of her recent music and the desperate searching of a hit by TikTok ing every fucking release