bwugdakfbabue

Kim Petras

2 hours ago, AzzyCxndy said:

4 tracks fully leaked - Control, Crave It, Pressure, Choker (Old leak)

candy is overrated if those are all that leaked. im glad she scrapped it

i-hate-you-i-know.gif

Serious question, why do y'all hate Slut Pop THAT much? And god please let aside the Luke bullshit, i wanna know what makes it so unlistenable or if it's just like a flock mindset type of situation (very likely imo).

Like the concept is defined, the aesthetic is coherent, the sound and lyrics are tight and aligned with the concept, the djset sequence mixing makes it a fun, mindless, quick and danceable experience. I'ts basically TOTL but make it dumb horny Valentine's day music. And it's treated like it should've been some sort of super serious project but it never even pretended to be one so???

FTB is already shaping up to be her worst project to date in comparison. THAT should receive this kind of hatred, i'm very confused

1 hour ago, drewlwhite said:

Serious question, why do y'all hate Slut Pop THAT much? And god please let aside the Luke bullshit, i wanna know what makes it so unlistenable or if it's just like a flock mindset type of situation (very likely imo).

Like the concept is defined, the aesthetic is coherent, the sound and lyrics are tight and aligned with the concept, the djset sequence mixing makes it a fun, mindless, quick and danceable experience. I'ts basically TOTL but make it dumb horny Valentine's day music. And it's treated like it should've been some sort of super serious project but it never even pretended to be one so???

FTB is already shaping up to be her worst project to date in comparison. THAT should receive this kind of hatred, i'm very confused

That's the answer in my personal case. Honestly, she has better sex songs (Do Me and Hit It from the Back being some of my favourites). Those are definitely not it for me.

Oh, and additionally I'm salty about Problématique being scrapped but Slut Pop being green-lit. Like, the former is much better to me, the songs are much more solid and much more fun if you ask me. Born Again? Your Time to Cry? Revelations? Hit It from the Back? Je T'adore? YES.

--

FTB is terribly uncohesive judging by what we already have, but removing / skipping some of the pre-released songs (particularly Unholy and Coconuts) it flows better. Of course her previous concepts are much more cohesive and developed.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

3 hours ago, none said:

candy is overrated if those are all that leaked. im glad she scrapped it

me when i have very bad opinion and stank breath

Serious question, why do y'all hate Slut Pop THAT much?

she tried to bring her inner CupcakKe out but it didn’t work. Its too on the face. The beat is amazing but the lyrics… meh.

let alone the fact we were in the middle of the Problematique rollout where Coconuts got released and then we received an ep nobody asked for

:facepalm:

2 hours ago, drewlwhite said:

see all of their excuses are terrible. they just hate it becuz rolling stones wrote an article telling them too

i-hate-you-i-know.gif

13 minutes ago, Venice Jesus Whore said:

Problematique (the song) is fire and does not deserve to remain unreleased or unappreciated. :party:

QUEEN OF MY CASTLE AND I AINT NEVER COMIN DOWN!!

i-hate-you-i-know.gif

2 hours ago, drewlwhite said:

Serious question, why do y'all hate Slut Pop THAT much?

I don’t personally hate it but it’s an Ayesha Erotica, Slayyyter and Cupcakke copy, so obvious it hurts… :bebe:

Throatzilla, Deepthroat and Come C My Tits walked so Throat Goat could run. It’s not terrible, but the trying to capitalize from underground horny 2YK trendy music from TikTok didn’t sit right with a lot of people, specially when most of them are already retired. U can smell the desesperation to get a hit 

and don’t get me started on the sex work advocacy with Dr. Luke in the production… tasteless :flop:

I don't think Slut Pop is the worst thing in the world, but I definitely think it's her weakest body of work.

FTB isn't necessarily the most cohesive, but the songs still feel like an artistic expression of Kim; whereas Slut Pop felt very much like an EP thrown out for some clicks and shock. It was out of left field, and sure it's good for mindless bopping (the beats are nice), but that's not really the level of artistry I've come to expect from Kim. Yeah her brand has always been bubblegum pop, which could be construed as mindless, but usually the actual format of the songs and lyrical content aren't so...meh. I will say that I feel in recent years her lyrics have gotten a bit more stale, but they're not as repetitive and thrown together as Slut Pop imo.

2 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

That's the answer in my personal case. Honestly, she has better sex songs (Do Me and Hit It from the Back being some of my favourites). Those are definitely not it for me.

Those are really a different kind of sex songs tho, more seductive in a classy way. But yeah ig it comes down to personal taste

2 hours ago, LunaeManifestum said:

The beat is amazing but the lyrics… meh.

let alone the fact we were in the middle of the Problematique rollout where Coconuts got released and then we received an ep nobody asked for

:facepalm:

1 hour ago, Bubblez said:

It was out of left field, and sure it's good for mindless bopping (the beats are nice), but that's not really the level of artistry I've come to expect from Kim. 

I mean, i'm always happy to get more music from artists i like, especially if it's clubby electropop, so i ate it up.:dua:

At least we all agree that the beats are fire :true:

6 minutes ago, drewlwhite said:

Those are really a different kind of sex songs tho, more seductive in a classy way. But yeah ig it comes down to personal taste

I mean, i'm always happy to get more music from artists i like, especially if it's clubby electropop, so i ate it up.:dua:

At least we all agree that the beats are fire :true:

Crunchy synths :hair:

Kim uploaded a YouTube short of her recording the title track. Kinda crazy to see her work ethic considering the timeline. In the clip it says she’s recording it August 12th and stated it’s the title track. Problematique leaked roughly August 8th. So like legit right after the leak she already had the album title and finished up the title track 

lilkimxchapelle.png

4 minutes ago, Dua Lipa said:

Kim uploaded a YouTube short of her recording the title track. Kinda crazy to see her work ethic considering the timeline. In the clip it says she’s recording it August 12th and stated it’s the title track. Problematique leaked roughly August 8th. So like legit right after the leak she already had the album title and finished up the title track 

FTB being the title track could be an afterthought though… 

3 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

Don’t forget about Death By Sex (Slut Pop meets TOTL)