bwugdakfbabue

Kim Petras

Ppl saying it's not enough... you realize we've been getting a new song like every week since April rite? I mean I get not vibing with it, but she's feeding us on the Regular !

quantity ≠ quality

xMcVPI7.jpg

i don't care that she's feeding us with a song every week. era 1 was better. this new era feels.... i don't know, so different. i still love her and i bop to every single she released so far, but there's no way i will like songs like broken or clarity more than masterpieces like hillside boys or slow it down

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

Oooh I like it

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I don’t get how everyone is underwhelmed with this era. We’re getting cute visuals for every song, she’s experimenting with many styles & still serving undeniable bops???

I think once we have the full “album” of this era, I will like the entire batch a little more than era 1. But... we’ll have to see! :flutter:

14417469274.gif

I don’t get how everyone is underwhelmed with this era. We’re getting cute visuals for every song, she’s experimenting with many styles & still serving undeniable bops???

I think once we have the full “album” of this era, I will like the entire batch a little more than era 1. But... we’ll have to see! :flutter:

the visuals had a nice concept to them but girl please get your designs to be consistent

the style is all nearly the same - trap influenced pop (minus sweet spot but that song is literally one chord)

yeah some of the songs are bop-y but so many of them are forgettable and just feel lazy. most go in the chorus-v1-chorus-v2-chorus format. there's nothing wrong with that, but it's almost every song and it seems her and her fourteen writers (not fourteen but damn kim do you really like like six writers to write sweet spot???) are lazy or just not writing any bridges. like it just seems she's not trying as hard as she was in first era and while that did have some songs that weren't so great, most of the songs felt like they actually meant something and had some pretty solid lyrics and weren't all under three minutes. 

kim is respectable and can do pop music VERY well but this whole era feels lazy and fake. its OKAY for artists to explore this genre, that's not the problem. the problem is how basic and lazy every song feels.

xMcVPI7.jpg

the visuals had a nice concept to them but girl please get your designs to be consistent

the style is all nearly the same - trap influenced pop (minus sweet spot but that song is literally one chord)

yeah some of the songs are bop-y but so many of them are forgettable and just feel lazy. most go in the chorus-v1-chorus-v2-chorus format. there's nothing wrong with that, but it's almost every song and it seems her and her fourteen writers (not fourteen but damn kim do you really like like six writers to write sweet spot???) are lazy or just not writing any bridges. like it just seems she's not trying as hard as she was in first era and while that did have some songs that weren't so great, most of the songs felt like they actually meant something and had some pretty solid lyrics and weren't all under three minutes.

kim is respectable and can do pop music VERY well but this whole era feels lazy and fake. its OKAY for artists to explore this genre, that's not the problem. the problem is how basic and lazy every song feels.

Yeah, I can see the trap influences throughout but there’s other musical genres sprinkled in each song that make them stand out more individually, for me at least. The songs are pretty varied in terms of production if you take out the common denominator that is the trap beats.

I totally agree about the inconsistent designs for the covers - sloppy but ultimately not important IMO.. weren’t 1 or 2 of the neon singles off center as well? Lol

Kim mentioned in an interview that she just wanted to write classic pop bangers. Many classic pop songs fall under the chorus-verse-chorus formula. Like yea sure on paper it looks lazy, but that’s just how pop music has always been written, generally. I won’t fault the music for following that formula when Kim is so good at keeping it interesting & fun.

14417469274.gif

i really don't see the issue with this era; music is supposed to be fun and enjoyable, not everything has be so complex and layered

kim is consistent in making good music, just because she's not making powerful pop anthems 100% of the time doesn't mean she's being lazy

Clarity? That girl? Yes, we love her.  :defeated:

I HAD NO FUCKING IDEA SHE HAD A NEW SONG COMING OUT wtf LOLOL pleasantly surprisesurprise tho :). Saw she posted something about Clarity but I didn't assume it was a new song coming out, I thought she was afn girling Zedds album  :rip:

Im actually enjoyng this era more than Era 1. Era 1 did what it had to do: get her name on spotlight and did it perfectly. Era 2 is already as iconic and stablished her signature on her songs (which is amazing and for me it seems like she found her place in pop music). She has a lot grow (and she WILL)

i just think clarity is weak lol

anyways she gave us broken, sweet spot, do me... all magnificent bops that overpower anything else

but i'm annoyed that she has yet to reveal the album name, i gathered all the songs on a playlist but my library is a mess (i still used lastfm btw) so...

tenor.gif