bwugdakfbabue

Kim Petras

I mean there is a slight difference in the pronunciation of the consonant 's' since it's more of a soft 's' in Sechs and a sharper one in sex but you wouldn't really hear the difference on a produced track like that

Not in Austria hehe.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

nowadays she almost never talks about/thankse/credits Dr Luke in her interviews and posts so that leads me to think that he just takes credits in her songs because of the deal they have and not because he's in the studio with her, what do y'all think?

I've read somewhere that she recorded TOTL in some studio in Hawaii, where Dr Luke (allegedly) lives so...

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

If anything, I feel like Luke is more involved with Turn Off The Light than her regular stuff. All those interludes and instrumentals pretty much scream "Look at those amazing productions y'all could've had, but you're boycotting me, so Kim gets it all" to me.

If we're realistic, given how unknown Kim still is, the stuff he does for her probably only earns him a fraction of what he gets thanks to people streaming his classics (Behind These Hazel Eyes, U + Ur Hand, Who Knew, I Kissed A Girl, Hot & Cold, to name just a few).

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

If anything, I feel like Luke is more involved with Turn Off The Light than her regular stuff. All those interludes and instrumentals pretty much scream "Look at those amazing productions y'all could've had, but you're boycotting me, so Kim gets it all" to me.

If we're realistic, given how unknown Kim still is, the stuff he does for her probably only earns him a fraction of what he gets thanks to people streaming his classics (Behind These Hazel Eyes, U + Ur Hand, Who Knew, I Kissed A Girl, Hot & Cold, to name just a few).

He is set for life forever, he is so rich even his grandkids will never have to work. I think he helps Kim only for the joy of creating music. At the end of the day he is an artist who probably likes to express himself.

Controversial opinion: wasn’t he found not guilty/acquitted of all charges so as unpleasant as he may have been to work with he is pretty much not a rapist and all the cancel bollocks is a bit extra??

girl ive literally had like over 30 unreleased kim songs in my google drive since someone posted a masterpost towards the beginning of the thread and every time i try to give it a shot i am so uninterested. are there any good songs besides like pushx3 and bittersweet surrender?

Listen to "choker".

Controversial opinion: wasn’t he found not guilty/acquitted of all charges so as unpleasant as he may have been to work with he is pretty much not a rapist and all the cancel bollocks is a bit extra??

Yes. But it's the same as with Melanie Martinez even though nothing is proven some people just write them off forever because it's a convenient excuse to be a hater.

Not only that, but he probably gets a % of everything written/produced by people working on his label. New Rules by Dua Lipa was probably more profitable for him than Kim's whole discography :rip:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Yes. But it's the same as with Melanie Martinez even though nothing is proven some people just write them off forever because it's a convenient excuse to be a hater.

no, I think it was in just a state and it was because of the way the law worked there, so...

giphy.gif

Apparently "innocent until proven guilty" and "in dubio pro reo" only apply in cases where it's convenient. IDK the details and I have no doubt he's a difficult, maybe even nasty person to work with. But at the same time, I think if he was actually guilty of the things he was accused of, he would've been convicted and would probably be in jail now.

Not only that, but he probably gets a % of everything written/produced by people working on his label. New Rules by Dua Lipa was probably more profitable for him than Kim's whole discography :rip:

Exactly. My point is, unless the people who criticise Kim for working with him time and time again stopped listening to those classics AND started boycotting the respective singers in case they still perform these songs – news flash, they still do because they're some of their biggest hits –, they're hypocrites.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Apparently "innocent until proven guilty" and "in dubio pro reo" only apply in cases where it's convenient. IDK the details and I have no doubt he's a difficult, maybe even nasty person to work with. But at the same time, I think if he was actually guilty of the things he was accused of, he would've been convicted and would probably be in jail now.

Exactly. My point is, unless the people who criticise Kim for working with him time and time again stopped listening to those classics AND started boycotting the respective singers in case they still perform these songs – news flash, they still do because they're some of their biggest hits –, they're hypocrites.

Girl I’m sorry but your point is pretty dumb... like doing mental gymnastics and defending a man accused of abuse by someone who was no reason to lie??? I get liking Kim but Dr. Luke has been accused by not only Kesha but other big women in the industry like Lady Gaga and Kelly Clarkson. But he’s also pretty big himself and do not forget, Rich White Straight Men can get away with a lot of stuff. Saying “well he was proven not guilty, so no biggie” just so you can feel ok with yourself is disappointing.

Learn to separate the issue, because there’s not much we (or Kim honestly) can do about it. I have. I was pretty harsh on Kim but she’s just as much of a victim here. It’s clear Luke saw something profitable in her and gave her a chance when no one else did. It already is pretty hard out there but Kim had it harder because having a trans pop star was uncharted territory. I’m sure she’s on a contract and can’t do much about it. So really, all we can do is celebrate her and her talent because - like you said - that leech ain’t going away anytime soon (just like Harvey Weinstein or all the other influential white men out there). And Kim shouldn’t be the one to blame for his mistakes.

Girl I’m sorry but your point is pretty dumb... like doing mental gymnastics and defending a man accused of abuse by someone who was no reason to lie??? I get liking Kim but Dr. Luke has been accused by not only Kesha but other big women in the industry like Lady Gaga and Kelly Clarkson. But he’s also pretty big himself and do not forget, Rich White Straight Men can get away with a lot of stuff. Saying “well he was proven not guilty, so no biggie” just so you can feel ok with yourself is disappointing.

Learn to separate the issue, because there’s not much we (or Kim honestly) can do about it. I have. I was pretty harsh on Kim but she’s just as much of a victim here. It’s clear Luke saw something profitable in her and gave her a chance when no one else did. It already is pretty hard out there but Kim had it harder because having a trans pop star was uncharted territory. I’m sure she’s on a contract and can’t do much about it. So really, all we can do is celebrate her and her talent because - like you said - that leech ain’t going away anytime soon (just like Harvey Weinstein or all the other influential white men out there). And Kim shouldn’t be the one to blame for his mistakes.

I'm definitely not defending him, as I mentioned, I have no doubt he's a difficult/nasty person to work with, probably quite full of himself and thinking he can do whatever he wants because he is Dr. Luke. But as you said, all these big women in the industry accused him and reported about the bad experiences they had with him, yet he was not convicted? Again, I don't know the exact details, and maybe I'm just naïve for wanting to trust in a working judicial system, but to me this doesn't add up. And since you brought up the Harvey Weinstein example, as important as the #metoo movement undoubtedly was and still is, unfortunately these things can go in a different direction as well. Over here, a (male) politician was accused of sexual assault, the media portrayed him as guilty before he had any chance to clear things up or tell "his side" of the story, his political career was ruined – and later it turned out that it was nothing but false accusations, but the damage was already done and the image of him being a sex offender was cemented into people's minds.

Now just to be clear, I'm not saying this is the case here, and I'm not saying Kesha or anyone else lied, but I do find it hard to believe that he wouldn't be convicted if the case was so obvious. My guess is that there's more to this than we – or at least I – know of, and that it's not a simple black-or-white situation. And in such cases, I try not to jump to potentially wrong conclusions.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

This is wild to me because i literally just had this conversation with one of my friends a few days ago: I feel like Luke doesn't even work on the songs or does very very little, but automatically gets a songwriting credit on every song because of a contract Kim signed when she was young and hungry and naive.

I hope in a few years she'll come out and say "Than god that contract is over, I was forced to have his name on everything!" If not, that's a real problem for me that she loves working with him on every song willingly.

let's remember that the US judicial system isnt foolproof and dr luke had his huge sony attorneys representing him. a not guilty verdict means very little in terms of whether or not somebody is actually guilty

:bitchfight:

Girl I’m sorry but your point is pretty dumb... like doing mental gymnastics and defending a man accused of abuse by someone who was no reason to lie??? I get liking Kim but Dr. Luke has been accused by not only Kesha but other big women in the industry like Lady Gaga and Kelly Clarkson

No he hasn’t? He was falsly accused of being Lady Gaga’s rapist by Kesha’s legal team, who then had to retract the claim after Lady Gaga publicly said that wasn't true. Also Kelly Clarkson said he was an asshole to work with but never accused him of any kind of sexual abuse. Kesha and her team also lied and stated that Katy Perry was raped by him, making her go into court and testify under oath that it was untrue.

lmao saying "if dr luke was really guilty he would have been found guilty" is truly insane do you guys not know how the system works at all? yikes...

also omfg is this real? https://twitter.com/VooRoo20/status/1180923324429426691?s=20

But you also can't pretend that it's a 100% fact that he IS guilty.