bwugdakfbabue

Kim Petras

She’s so over. Unholy was Sam’s hit (not a horrible song, they just don’t have the charisma to convince me that they’re those girls tbh), IJWAR was boring, and this sounds so cheap/dated/low effort. Plus lately she’s been coming off more desperate and scared for her career and it’s not a good look. She needs to pause and take a step back and focus on her mental health tbh. 

10 hours ago, XCX Archivist said:

i understand your concerns but like, the point of a sample pack isnt to sound like someone else, its to have cool sounds to play around with in your music

yes i know. it’s just a feeling i get when i hear those sounds used so explicitly. they’re so “specific”?? i dont know how to describe it, but they feel overused in songs like these

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

1 hour ago, comeintomybedroom said:

when this turns out to be one of the songs kim and sophie actually worked on that never came out

https://i-d.vice.com/en/article/v7vjmj/kim-petras-interview-max-martin

I think the song that never came out that they're talking about will be on SOPHIE's posthumous release of Transnation:

Spoiler

It’s an exciting circle of people, but one valuable figure, with whom Kim has made magic with in the past, is missing: SOPHIE. A fellow trans pop pioneer, the pair worked together on “1,2,3 dayz up”, as well as a number of leaked, unreleased tracks. “SOPHIE was such a loss for me that I [still] struggle with,” Kim says. “She was the first real friend that I’ve lost in life.” Working with her “was rare and beautiful. I felt understood. And we shared a lot about the world and how we feel in it. It’s extremely sad how it ended.” There were songs the pair made that never saw the light of day, but all is not lost. Recently, she’s been speaking with SOPHIE’s brother, Ben Long: “There’s something really exciting being organised, and I'm lucky to be a part of it.” 

Also this new song is legit this:

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

as much as i’m excited for brrr cause it sounds really good and similar to some clarity songs, signing with republic has truly sent her career into a downward spiral

from scrapping the 2020 album (not that Malibu was her best song ever but it seemed promising), to scrapping TOTL3 which probably was and still is the project people are looking forward to the most, to the messy FSN rollout with the never ending presave links, then Coconuts being her only chance at a cute lil hit but being handled terribly with no video, releasing it in december and performed before the studio version was out. then slut pop being almost her only solo material in 2022 (not sure what they were trying to market her as with that :rip:), to unholy smashing out of nowhere and pulling these cheap antics to keep her name out there, only to release the most lukewarm and dated single ever, her controversy on social media instead of staying silent. these three years been a terrible ride, i just hope brrr can be a moderate hit so they can scrap everything else including the problematique songs and start off fresh with that sound and release the damn album this summer 

I was rooting for her. We were all rooting for her! She just doesn’t have what it takes to become America’s Next Top Model. After listening to the judges critique’s time and time again, she still hasn’t come out on top. Janice said last week that she needed more charisma in her walk even after Miss Jay demonstrated on the runaway. Tyra said that week after week, she just wasn’t bringing it. America’s Next Top model has to show up, and show out, and Kim just ain’t doing it. 

na na na na

On 1/8/2023 at 9:55 PM, XCX Archivist said:

the sophie samplinggg

also the song is totally called brr right? shes teasing that word too much

Pls why does this remind me of the first shit song I made 8 years ago