bwugdakfbabue

Kim Petras

17 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

So candy is shelved disappointed-laugh.gif

Someone said Candy was never real anyway, it was a collection of old songs put together. There was something weird about the timeline of the documentary too that the album hadn’t even been scrapped yet?

27 minutes ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

I really hope the new album is just Problématique with Brr and that jesus song stacked on it and a new album title :toofloppy:

and the title track either reworked/removed for the sake of it *not* being problématique :toofunny: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

20 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

and the title track either reworked/removed for the sake of it *not* being problématique :toofunny: 

Yeah like it's a really good song but wtf was she thinking making a song about how she doesn't care to be judged for working with an alleged r*pist/abuser and then naming the whole album after it

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

it's been 2 weeks - no video?

there's been 0 investment in strong cohesive visuals this rollout. i think it's really important to have strong storytelling as a pop artist - even independent artists have amazing videos nowadays on a tighter budget.

with other artists by the 2nd single you get a clear vibe of what the album will be from the cover art, videos, performances, paparazzi shots etc etc but literally nothing links this era

and she still hasn't announced anything idk i just feel like this god damn debut album is never coming out atp

5 hours ago, blameitonme said:

even independent artists have amazing videos nowadays on a tighter budget.

Foxes had a MV shot where she just went in a circle in a crappy gas station parking lot years ago and it's got over 9 mil views to date.

If a local bitch like that can get it done, why the hell can't an artist coming off a huge and hot feature with radio play get the pennies together to do *literally* anything.

Fucking record yourself twerking on a 2000s Sony cybershot for all I care - do *something*.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

9 hours ago, AtomicMess said:

Foxes had a MV shot where she just went in a circle in a crappy gas station parking lot years ago and it's got over 9 mil views to date.

If a local bitch like that can get it done, why the hell can't an artist coming off a huge and hot feature with radio play get the pennies together to do *literally* anything.

Fucking record yourself twerking on a 2000s Sony cybershot for all I care - do *something*.

Now that I've had at least 4 hours of sleep, I'm coming back to finish this thought with a "the label should/could wake up and push something/give her something to push".

I forget sometimes (maybe we all do?) that it's not just SOLELY an artist doing all the work. There's promo and advertising people. There's photographers and videographers. There's people doing a storyboard for a music video. There's producers and mastering engineers. There's a legal team checking to make sure some video or album concept isn't going to get them sued. There's managers above that whole team. There's managers above them, too.

You'd think the people at the top would apportion out some cash to all the people below to get all of that together, and then take it to the artist and say "congrats, we've greenlit all this shit for X # of dollars, that's your budget, we think X is a good single to put it behind, here's the slice of the pie where you put your creative input into it". And I'd expect all of that to come with a lot of persuasion and force from the label, because as someone in their roster, it's their JOB to produce content for them, at the end of the day. That's the whole point of a label/contract, right? "You fund me and my talent and make art, and you turn around and take that art and sell it, and then anyone involved gets a cut of the profits." If they don't work/produce/create, nobody is making money here, and the contract is just rotting with no revenue generation. Assets that do not asset generally make bean counters unhappy, unless they're happy to say "your contract says you owe us X, and until that's paid off, you can't even beg for money on the street without us seizing it" and just let an artist dig their own grave.

I think any failure of any of our faves to "do literally anything" comes down to more than just them as the sole entity chosing or not chosing to do shit. There's more heads involved. There's got to be.

Or maybe I'm just dense and that's not how it goes at all. I mean Azealia basically just does whatever she wants (or doesn't want) regardless of who is involved, so I guess others probably can/do too.

TL;DR - Kim's whole team should be getting something coming off Unholy notoriety here. There should be something going on - generating buzz. Visuals. A MV teaser. Interviews talking about an album. Repressing old music on vinyls. Remixes. Something. Kim can't be doing it all; there's gotta be some money hungry bastards trying to turn a buck into a buck-10 off her shit.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

no bc this just further solidifies that the grammys are a joke like of all songs THAT TRAINWRECK??? i thought the grammys were accolades for artistic excellence this song is not artistic nor excellence and its not even close to being artistic excellence

im happy for her win and sam's win however this turns my stomach knowing that kim still stands with dr luke

unholy has made my life significantly worse. i was so much happier before i had to hear it every fucking second. i will never forgive sam and kim for what they’ve done to me

tumblr_mxrgupWXRw1sdmzwwo1_500.gif

4 minutes ago, cranekiss said:

i thought the grammys were accolades for artistic excellence this song is not artistic nor excellence and its not even close to being artistic excellence

theyr're not. its a inside joke in the entertainment industry that grammys are the bottom of the barrel out of the big awards like oscars, tony, etc.