Sign in to follow this  
t-raider26

Lana and the Harvey Weinstein Controversy

I’m sure you’ve all seen th news about Harvey Weinstein being scum in the way he treats Hollywood actresses and celebrities. I saw a conspiracy theory on 4chan suggesting that Lana may have been involved, and that Cola alludes to her relationship with him; “Harvey’s in the sky with diamonds”

I know it’s super far fetched, but it’s interesting to consider.

1. Good thing this thread started so we don't have to discuss this in the Cola lyrics thread.

2. I really hope he didn't do anything dirty or bad to Lana, just thinking about what things he have done to others gives me chills.

3. If she really is singing about him, it would kind of make sense and also, like I wrote in the other thread, it seems that "everyone" knew what he was doing so the line "I know your wife and she wouldn't mind" would kinda also make sense.

4. Do we know if they met before or after Cola was written (I suppse before but...)?

5. Ok, back to studying, bye. :runs:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1. Good thing this thread started so we don't have to discuss this in the Cola lyrics thread.

2. I really hope he didn't do anything dirty or bad to Lana, just thinking about what things he have done to others gives me chills.

3. If she really is singing about him, it would kind of make sense and also, like I wrote in the other thread, it seems that "everyone" knew what he was doing so the line "I know your wife and she wouldn't mind" would kinda also make sense.

4. Do we know if they met before or after Cola was written (I suppse before but...)?

5. Ok, back to studying, bye. :runs:

Look at this http://www.justjared.com/photo-gallery/2682302/lana-del-rey-lunches-with-harvey-weinstein-02/

If they were openly having lunch in 2012, they probably already met each other before that, unfortunately. We all must remember that was Harvey Weinstein that suggested to put Lana in the 'Big Eyes' soundtrack.

~~

same table at amFAR event, she was invited and went to the weinstein pre-oscar (how many times do we see her at an event?).. they have lots and lots of pictures together

article-2636924-1E1F367500000578-667_634

Harvey-Weinstein-Shailene-Woodley-Lana-D

amy-weinstein-lana-del-rey-big-eyes-2015

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

I feel very weird about this because Lana of course can do whatever she wants in her life and I don't want to preach @@her, especially since it's just now that i've heard about weinstein's doings but i know she has a knack for getting herself into dangerous situations, especially with men. So imagining her and harvey makes my blood freeze, even tho it shouldn't be my business. 

He was clearly a huge admirer of her in 2012, I can only hope he kept his lecherousness for himself. At least we know she went off making an album with a much different sound (so we know she wasn't trying to surf on the craze around btd/pe/ss remix vibes) and didn't consider going for a career in acting or movies. So maybe that suggests she took some distance from all that? 

I don't want this to have happened, who knows.... 

coming from a sister, lana don't fuck with creepy married men, ugh i know it's your life bitch but   :icant:  :icant:  :horror: 

i'm a big ass detective lmaoo omg

I'm very scared for Lana, hope he didn't do anything with her. I'm sad to see the growth of the victim's number.

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

The lyric "I know your wife and that she wouldn't mind" would really make sense but I don't think this is the case.

I dont believe she would hang out with him and be all smiles if he had actually harassed her.... maybe they did have some type of relationship but who knows

But really, if he had harassed her in 2012 i doubt she would be that happy seeing him again 2 years later

giphy.gif

i looked it up & got a direct thread about her on /pol/ god i forget how fucking disgusting and vile the common 4chan user is

but i really hope he didn't do shit, and their initial meetings seem to be ~may-july 2012, Paradise came out in November and any and all songs were done being recorded in September according to Nowels

When I saw this theory on twitter I thought was a reach, but then I looked it up and turns out Lana was associated with him couple of times. They had lunch together in Paris, she was allegedly approached by him over a potential film career, she sang the sound track of Big Eyes a film that was distributed by Weinstein co. and was seen in a lot of photos together.

I remember, not long ago I was thinking to myself how it would be great if Lana stars in Tarantino's(Weinstein's bff) Manson film. /shivers/ 

4BZPaCg.jpg

i looked it up & got a direct thread about her on /pol/ god i forget how fucking disgusting and vile the common 4chan user is

but i really hope he didn't do shit, and their initial meetings seem to be ~may-july 2012, Paradise came out in November and any and all songs were done being recorded in September according to Nowels

4chan is a pile of shit; bunch of trolls, they try to be funny or something close to that.

~~

When I saw this theory on twitter I thought was a reach, but then I looked it up and turns out Lana was associated with him couple of times. They had lunch together in Paris, she was allegedly approached by him over a potential film career, she sang the sound track of Big Eyes a film that was distributed by Weinstein co. and was seen in a lot of photos together.

And that's how he does. Harvey put the women he wants in a position (promote her, she makes more money, fame, etc) that looks like they [the women] owes something to him. That's how these rapists do when they're rich and powerful.

But really, if he had harassed her in 2012 i doubt she would be that happy seeing him again 2 years later

i hope you're right, but we all can pretend to smile :/

And that's how he does. Harvey put the women he wants in a position (promote her, she makes more money, fame, etc) that looks like they [the women] owes something to him. That's how these rapists do when they're rich and powerful.

I remember there was big talk about Lana landing a big acting role in 2012, around the Cannes Festival if i'm not mistaken. Maybe Harvey was involved in that as well

i hope you're right, but we all can pretend to smile :/

i mean, why would she attend his parties every year if she hated him, right ?

giphy.gif

I remember there was big talk about Lana landing a big acting role in 2012, around the Cannes Festival if i'm not mistaken. Maybe Harvey was involved in that as well

Yes, I remember that! According to DigitalSpy, he was involved: http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a383100/lana-del-rey-approached-by-producer-harvey-weinstein-for-film-career/

• "Lana Del Rey has allegedly been approached by Harvey Weinstein over a potential movie career. The 'Born to Die' singer was tapped by the Miramax co-founder to star in a film project that he believes would be "perfect" for her, reports The Sun. "Harvey thinks there's something about Lana. He knows all about her music but believes she's got what it takes to be a film star," a source said. (...) 'She's got the looks and a stage presence which he thinks will transfer well to the big screen.'"

i mean, why would she attend his parties every year if she hated him, right ?

1. maybe she had to, her record label can force her, her agents, i don't know.

or

2.maybe she wasn't harassed by him: they just had a relationship

what trash. hope he loses sleep every night thinking bout all the lives he's poisoned. rot. :w8ing:  :fabcat:

(also if he touched lanz he can d** for all i care)

(also hey i'm back :rip: )

tumblr_n7a4cdzBFk1r65oxko1_500.gif

I just read through a lot of those poor actresses, writers and ex-secretaires stories about what happened and I just wanna PUKE! What the f, he thought he could do whatever he wanted because he had power of so much of Hollywood. Glad that some of them got awat safely though and that things didn't go too far. Ew. Just ew.

I deeply hope that Lana didn't experience any of those things.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

But I am just wondering.. Why would she openly say "Harvey" on the lyrics of Cola if everything going on is true?

Just curious :/

because theres thousands of people named Harvey and no one knew about his harassments publicly until a couple days ago

and lana always wrote controversial songs 

I wouldn't be suprised if she was OK with sleeping with him. Seriously. He didn't have to harass her, she might have simply agreed to everything.

All these women might have been feeling abused, but she didn't necessarily have to.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I wouldn't be suprised if she was OK with sleeping with him. Seriously. He didn't have to harass her, she might have simply agreed to everything.

All these women might have been feeling abused, but she didn't necessarily have to.

This.

Lana doesn’t seem like the type to take anyone’s shit, and she’s pretty outspoken. But if they were involved I wouldn’t be surprised if she was a willing participant. In terms of the lyrics, the opening line literally talks about her vagina lol. Naming him in the song (if it is him she’s talking about) is not that controversial. Especially considering no one knew about his was until like last week. It’s exactly the kind of cheekiness I’d expect from her.