Sign in to follow this  
t-raider26

Lana and the Harvey Weinstein Controversy

Well, this *completely* ruins my username. 

Also, I honestly don't think it's appropriate to be gossiping about if Lana was harassed or assaulted by a serial creep and abuser. I don't think anyone would appreciate being the subject of that speculation. As another matter, I think often fans mistake Lana's lyrics for real life way too often and think they know things about her that they don't. Same with her comments to the press, many of them happen to not be true. Especially from her early career. I think she was nervous with the press and trying to live in this persona she created as Lana del Rey, and that led to a lot of strange comments that fans latch on to and take way too seriously. 

giphy.gif

Well, this *completely* ruins my username. 

Also, I honestly don't think it's appropriate to be gossiping about if Lana was harassed or assaulted by a serial creep and abuser. I don't think anyone would appreciate being the subject of that speculation. As another matter, I think often fans mistake Lana's lyrics for real life way too often and think they know things about her that they don't. Same with her comments to the press, many of them happen to not be true. Especially from her early career. I think she was nervous with the press and trying to live in this persona she created as Lana del Rey, and that led to a lot of strange comments that fans latch on to and take way too seriously. 

Your username :rip:

Honestly it fuqqs me up I might just have to delete this account  :facepalm:

My Settings > Display Name

you can change it if you want. you don’t have to delete your whole account lol

UbsOye5.png

Like a lot of other people, I feel like this theory has some validity. However, Lana was in a serious relationship with Barrie at the time her and Harvey met as well as after Paradise was released. If she cheated on Barrie I don't think she would put that message in a song that Barrie helped write. Overall, very suspect, but I'm thinking mostly fantasy on Lana's part. 

p.s. Harvey could have a part in the Ride video, he fits that sleazy type  :ohmy:

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

This makes me sick to think about and I sincerely hope this is a stretch like I think it is. I think the lyrical similarities are coincidences and doubt that she and Weinstein ever had a physical relationship. I don't have an explanation for the Harvey lyric but I still see Cola as just an extension of the sugar daddy/married man fetishization thats common in all of her work, and like someone else said, she wrote the song with Barrie whom she was in a  relationship with at the time

as far as I'm seeing through the news these are just allegations? or am I missing something

I mean, theres audio of him trying to get some model to sleep with him. And when A-list celebs like Angelina or Gwyneth come forward with allegations, it’s pretty incriminating.

as far as I'm seeing through the news these are just allegations? or am I missing something

I mean, theres audio of him trying to get some model to sleep with him. And when A-list celebs like Angelina or Gwyneth come forward with allegations, it’s pretty incriminating.