Sign in to follow this  
t-raider26

Lana and the Harvey Weinstein Controversy

I wonder if Lana is going to speak up on it  :hdu:

Unless she's also making an allegation there's nothing really for her to speak on, unless she's defending him, in which case I might have to unstan

for the topic starter (a poster I never heard of, perhaps someone with different name?) and for everyone-

- it appears Harv's method was brand new young starlets looking for stardom, no big credits yet.

so if someone like Paltrow made an accusation, that was at the start of their career, when they were no one at the time. So they could not speak up

then as no one would believe them and with his "family" (who is more ruthless, him or his brother?)

But it doesn't appear he hit on older established artists, so how would they have known.

BTW- this is not just Hollywood, this sort of thing happens in 100% of every industry or business in the world.

Men (not all) are scumbags aren't they.

Rape on college campus, abuse, harassment etc.

How many different people on Fox News (Rupert Murdoch's US stations) have been fired because of sexual abuse, Roger Ailes (so similar looking to Harvey)

it took decades for the truth to come out about him. (He has since died, the details never really been revealed, just a "fall").

Look at the Catholic Church and what the church has done for decades and decades and decades to little kids (both boys and girls).

And it's denied until proven, yet the kids won't even tell their parents, who won't believe them anyhow.

(See the movie- "Spotlight" which was about it, which itself was based on investigative reporting by a Boston paper)

and it is only getting worse, because of Donald Trump who has had so many incidents there is one of the largest stubs on Wikipedia about it

(and Donald Trump makes every single person he is in contact with sign confidentiality contracts, so they cannot talk even if they want to.)

Wouldn't it be great if 100% of abuse against women was stopped, same as 100% of abuse by cops to minorities (hence the protest group #Blacklivesmatter)

(If cops weren't killing blacks shoot first ask questions later, there would be no need for #blacklivesmatter.

But I bet if one looks into any business, there is abuse against women.

Perhaps in all industry, the answer is, women CEOs of every company. It's time for a change.

btw @@latothemoon- the article that started it was in the NY Times, followed almost immediately by the Newyorker magazine expose by Ronan Farrow (the child of Mia Farrow, and some people say Frank Sinatra whom he looks exactly like and Mia at one point said that), Ronan has spent the last number of years writing about the Animal House Frat society on college campus and the Campus Rapes and sexual assault and abuse.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

i think sometimes that he may have tried something with her, she said no, he stopped (no one is a scumbag 100% of time) and she turned it into a fantasy, turned it into a song, "what if i said yes to harvey" she thought and then wrote a song

who knows

Unless she's also making an allegation there's nothing really for her to speak on, unless she's defending him, in which case I might have to unstan

or she is going to write a big ass text in the notes app "omg im shook"

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

If you think about it, if she speaks up it might just affect her negatively. 

If she says that they she was abused by him - people will question her with Cola, because in the song it appears that she enjoys being with this man.

If she says that she was in a non -abusive consensual relationship with him - people will be disgusted considering he's married and it is clear now that Weinstein, abusing, and sexually harassing girls is an open secret.

If she said that she didn't have that kind of relationship with him and didn't know all about the abuse and sexual harassment he's done for decades - what would that make her look like, considering that, again, what Weinstein does is an open secret.

I personally don't think she was abused by him, if she was then why would she keep singing Cola live?

4BZPaCg.jpg

I've thought that song was about Harvey Weinstein since a few months before Paradise came out, when I saw the articles and gossip. I actually thought of it when Big Eyes came out and there was the buzz of a nomination. I think Evil Entity made a post about it some years ago.

It's pretty clear she says Harvey in Cola, (like one user said, including live performances) despite what the lyric book says, considering it's other errors.

Also in an interview she mentioned making out with a high profile record executive in his basement, also once spoke about her affair (I think with a famous guy? ) with a man with children, like the one that got away. I kind of saw these as her being interested in older, powerful men. Who knows!

If you think about it, if she speaks up it might just affect her negatively. 

If she says that they she was abused by him - people will question her with Cola, because in the song it appears that she enjoys being with this man.

If she says that she was in a non -abusive consensual relationship with him - people will be disgusted considering he's married and it is clear now that Weinstein, abusing, and sexually harassing girls is an open secret.

If she said that she didn't have that kind of relationship with him and didn't know all about the abuse and sexual harassment he's done for decades - what would that make her look like, considering that, again, what Weinstein does is an open secret.

I personally don't think she was abused by him, if she was then why would she keep singing Cola live?

Yeah, it might be better for her to stay quiet on this one. She is definitely thinking about it with all the attention he's getting. I wonder what Lana truly thinks about it since she at least had a business relationship with him. We may never know.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Exactly. She loves disgusting men. Elvis, Lennon, even kinda Manson, she openly admires men that openly treated women like shit. Next she'll talk about how much she loves Roma Polanski and Woody Allen. Maybe even Fritzl. It doesn't surprise me is what I'm saying :creep: She even boasted about sleeping with a lot of guys in the industry (even though she doesn't think it helped her). I'm not worried she was a victim.

Well you took it to extreme but that's my point as well

It's like people forgot it's Lana

We don't really know how she really is with sexual relationships but through songs & lanalysis we can assume she's pretty confident with her sexuality and is very liberal in that matter

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I can't read page n4 so sorry if i'm repeating something

when i heard about weinstein this week my first thoughts were "thank god lana isn't in the film industry" because this man clearly didn't stop and went even for the biggest stars in hollywood, since he's that much privileged and above the law. Then with this topic i thought too at first the lyrics were "ah he was in the sky" but that's not convincing. Maybe the lyrics are about a harvey, boh. I'm probably wrong and you can @me for not minding my business but for the sake of (saving and) still enjoying Cola I'm going to pretend Harvey tried to hit on lana and she brushed him off and wrote this song in a tongue in cheek manner about what could have happened to her character. Because now I feel so tainted by what I'm reading about him, I can't imagine him not trying to pick her up (lana is so beautiful and talented) and I'm going to tell myself lana wasn't interested or that nothing bad personally happened to her 

this sounds like a fairytale or what corny parents in sitcoms tell their children about their dead dog going into a happy garden forever - anyway i'll pretend lana was like "oh, the ride mv? that was all character i actually prefer younger men who are less rich and famous than i am  :hooker:  :hooker:  :creep: 

also conspiracy theory time  :illumilana:  :illumilana:  :illumilana:  :illumilana:

an anonymous envelope was "mailed to various members of the Academy's music selection committee," which included a print-out of a fake Variety web article alleging that Lana's song was somehow ineligible for the Best Song nomination due to "a technicality involving The Great Gatsby's changed release date."      -----                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Upon further investigation, Academy members realized that the article was in fact doctored.  By the time nominations were announced, the damage may already have been done: The song was left off of the final list of nominees

the article then throws allegations about Bruce Broughton though i doubt he's throw off one of the biggest movie songs in 2013 for his flop

http://time.com/11728/lana-del-rey-young-and-beautiful-oscar-snub/

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/dec/19/lana-del-rey-oscars-sabotage

https://mic.com/articles/108526/lana-del-rey-had-the-best-film-song-of-the-year-but-you-won-t-see-her-at-the-oscars#.bcmcSVbRo

Anyway someone tried to sabotage lana's Y&B, and if she were a Harvey's pupil/protegé I don't think that would have happened to her but I'm probably overestimating him

I just watched a video of group of people reacting to news and even to them they knew that Harvey does sexually harass girls. They said that they're not even in Hollywood yet they've heard about this since forever. I'm sure Lana knew it too, even in her earliest encounter with Weinstein in 2012, he was very smitten with her even saying that she will be perfect as an actress.

When Angelina Jolie had that kind of encounter with Weinstein she made sure to never work with him again and warned others about him. I wish that's what Lana did.. Kinda disappointed that she still worked with him in 2014

4BZPaCg.jpg

There's a fucking the_donald thread about this shit djakfjsadf why do trump supporters care trump probably did the same shit 

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/762jm8/lana_del_reys_song_cola_is_about_harvey_weinstein/

anyway that might explain the brigading 

not gonna lie though, lana does sing about canoodling with hollywood higher ups a lot in her songs. Whether or not that's fantasy... [shrugs]

Hollywood is a scary place y'all

I just watched a video of group of people reacting to news and even to them they knew that Harvey does sexually harass girls. They said that they're not even in Hollywood yet they've heard about this since forever. I'm sure Lana knew it too, even in her earliest encounter with Weinstein in 2012, he was very smitten with her even saying that she will be perfect as an actress.

When Angelina Jolie had that kind of encounter with Weinstein she made sure to never work with him again and warned others about him. I wish that's what Lana did.. Kinda disappointed that she still worked with him in 2014

but why would she speak up about something and warn others if nothing happened.. 

i76mrxw.png