Sign in to follow this  
t-raider26

Lana and the Harvey Weinstein Controversy

guys, i won't repeat what others have stated, but even the "i know your wife, she wouldn't mind" fits:

The American actor Heather Graham wrote in Variety that Weinstein implied she had to have sex with him in order to get a movie role. She said he had offered her the chance of choosing a script. “Later in the conversation, he mentioned that he had an agreement with his wife. He could sleep with whomever he wanted when he was out of town. I walked out of the meeting feeling uneasy.” She was never hired for one of Weinstein’s films.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/oct/11/the-allegations-against-harvey-weinstein-what-we-know-so-far

most of us who were around here in 2012 knew about her "working relationship" with harvey - and yes, "hit and run" is also pretty obviously about him: 

Hollywood and New York, mister major.

And there's me,
Little queen of the stage, yeah.
He's a God,
One the stars call creator.
Hail the king of the industry players.
Take off your business suit,

Sitting in your lap for my interview.

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/lanadelrey/hitandrun.html

gross. if it were all against her will, would she write about the affair in that light? 

so many were victimized, but i'm not sure this is lana's case (it would seem she was turned on by his power). although if it wasn´t, better, i guess, so that she isn't traumatized...

guys, i won't repeat what others have stated, but even the "i know your wife, she wouldn't mind" fits:

The American actor Heather Graham wrote in Variety that Weinstein implied she had to have sex with him in order to get a movie role. She said he had offered her the chance of choosing a script. “Later in the conversation, he mentioned that he had an agreement with his wife. He could sleep with whomever he wanted when he was out of town. I walked out of the meeting feeling uneasy.” She was never hired for one of Weinstein’s films.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/oct/11/the-allegations-against-harvey-weinstein-what-we-know-so-far

most of us who were around here in 2012 knew about her "working relationship" with harvey - and yes, "hit and run" is also pretty obviously about him: 

And there's me,

He's a God,

gross. if it were all against her will, would she write about the affair in that light? 

so many were victimized, but i'm not sure this is lana's case (it would seem she was turned on by his power). although if it wasn´t, better, i guess, so that she isn't traumatized...

hit and run was recorded in 2010. It has nothing to do with Harvey in my opinion even tho i see where you're coming from

Lana herself said she knew many industry guys. Harvey isn't the only one

Please don't take my words in this thread as a defence regarding Harvey's actions, just don't feed off theories which have been denied by sources

giphy.gif

hit and run was recorded in 2010. It has nothing to do with Harvey in my opinion even tho i see where you're coming from

Yeah, Harvey fits a recurrent theme in her work ("life imitates art") but I don't think any songs but "Cola" are directly about him. Remember, her claim of a years long on again off again affair with a record label head is still out there. Harvey's a film studio head, not a record label head.

just don't feed off theories which have been denied by sources

Denied implausibly by unnamed sources. And plausibly contradicted by others.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Please don't take my words in this thread as a defence regarding Harvey's actions, just don't feed off theories which have been denied by sources

maybe it was her fantasy, which later became a reality. or it was about another power player.

the problem with denials that have later been proven as lies on the part of her management and sources is that you just can´t be sure what to believe.

Yeah, Harvey fits a recurrent theme in her work ("life imitates art") but I don't think any songs but "Cola" are directly about him. Remember, her claim of a years long on again off again affair with a record label head is still out there. Harvey's a film studio head, not a record label head.

Denied implausibly by unnamed sources. And plausibly contradicted by others.

Do we have any idea/reason to believe the record label on-off relationship is true? (maybe I should be asking this in Lanalysis thread)

I don't know why some people are shocked that she potentially wrote a song about sleeping with an older man. I mean, hello, it's Lana. The song doesn't even mean it necessarily happened. A lot of her songs around that era were based on fantasy and hedonism. Maybe she did say Harvey (it sounds like it)... but that doesn't mean she condones what he did. I'm pretty sure she probably had no idea what he did.

(this isn't directed towards anyone here btw. i just think the media is overreacting to Cola when there's other things pertaining to this situation that are more relevant.)

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

someone just ask her when they meet her at one of the shows

Yeah... let's just go up to her and ask "Hey lana were you sexually abused by harvey weinstein?" i'm sure any abuse victim would love being tossed that question in a meet and greet.

i swear. sometimes it's like y'all don't even think she's a human being.

Yeah... let's just go up to her and ask "Hey lana were you sexually abused by harvey weinstein?" i'm sure any abuse victim would love being tossed that question in a meet and greet.

i swear. sometimes it's like y'all don't even think she's a human being.

u could just say "what are you're thoughts on the harvey wankstain theories?" idk...if shits already being talked about then she might wanna clear things up a bit?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Courtney Love got SO much shit for saying this in an interview, but she was completely right. Im sure Lana knew. Courtney must have told her to avoid him. 

Harvey loves young beautiful women. He is a sick fuck, don't give him the benefit of the doubt. He used every inch he could. 

And he probably likes her music bc it feed into the sick peso lifestyle fantasy that he craves. Young girl begging to be fucked by a sick rich old daddy. 

And there's me,

He's a God,

oh wow, didn't even think about hit and run

Hit and run? Like.. Holy shit. This makes so much sense! Especially the God-like figure references. Also the early demo was about criminal men running the world.. Fits so much with the Hollywood figure he was. I wonder what other songs are about him omg!!

It's on the Daily Mail Snapchat. Mess

ggbzs.png

fuck that, i hate that she's back in MSM because of another bs reason, not her works, her creations, but anything to smear her name like before.  :facepalm: the amount of people on the right i've seen on twitter/facebook double downing on her with 'daddy issues' 'born into money' 'gross, depressed woman' etc. is so annoying.

it's like her witch post from late winter/early spring all over again.

oh wow, didn't even think about hit and run

Hit and run? Like.. Holy shit. This makes so much sense! Especially the God-like figure references. Also the early demo was about criminal men running the world.. Fits so much with the Hollywood figure he was. I wonder what other songs are about him omg!!

dont think H&R was about Harvey ppl

fuck that, i hate that she's back in MSM because of another bs reason, not her works, her creations, but anything to smear her name like before.  :facepalm: the amount of people on the right i've seen on twitter/facebook double downing on her with 'daddy issues' 'born into money' 'gross, depressed woman' etc. is so annoying.

dont think H&R was about Harvey ppl

i thought it was about elon musk for about 4 hours once so lets keep thinking that 

this world is mean nothings for free its money and technology  :creep:

It's such bullshit that some of you are assuming Lana/Harvey relations are true. We don't know if it is, and we certainly won't find out through Lana's niche for ambiguous lyricism. We shouldn't pretend to be detectives using unreliable and circumstantial evidence to find out the intricacies of their relationship and whether or not it was abusive. Hopefully Lana will clear it up soon, but in the meantime let's not assume it's true? It's one thing to discuss this controversy but it's another to claim something as true when it has not proven to be. There are so many victims in this mess and it's all so horrible, so let's not count Lana in just yet? 

i thought it was about elon musk for about 4 hours once so lets keep thinking that 

this world is mean nothings for free its money and technology  :creep:

elon musk? i have nothing BUT time for Elon x Lana space adventures

It's impossible to see the truth from Lana's lyrics or analyze them deeply, especially since much her lyrics are so characterized or melodramatic that you can't even tell if it's about her own life or how much of it is true. Ex. Kinda Outta Luck, lol do you really think Lana killed a man by hitting him with a gun for fun?  :oprah3:

Well, I always thought Cola was a little playful song because of the live performances and the tongue in cheek lyrics but I just want to remember Paradise was about how fucked up things turned out to be for Lana after she reached famed and started living in LA, the Land of Gods and Monsters after all, I mean, maybe American is the only song you kinda can get out of the hook but the rest of the album is just dark, even Blue Velvet sounds dark. So yeah, my point is Cola can be about that Harvey

But what about the lyrics? I come alive alive, come on baby, let's ride, we can scape to the great sunshine... Sounds like she desires her lover but on the other hand... All he wants to do is party with his pretty baby... Drugs suck it up like vanilla icys, don't treat me rough treat me really niceys... Dark undertones! Does the song give off Lover vibes or Abuse vibes? Since it's a Lana song we can't really tell and that brings back why a lot of feminists hated Lana's lyrics since the beginning, can you really not say her feminine character is being abused in some way by some trash dude in her songs? I think that's why people are talking if this song really is about him or isn't, and if so if he did or did not abuse her

This is just a lot of "ifs" tbh and I don't feel comfortable giving my opinion on if Lana was or not molested by him, if she was indeed molested at all, feels as if I'm crossing the line, it's a complex issue since we only know what Lana thinks via her songs (if we can take them seriously for this, have that in to consideration) and a few interviews.

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif