annedauphine

Daytona Mess

12 hours ago, Yosemite said:

Lmao don't worry abt overusing the logo bc it's really amazing to look at (like the logo is REALLY good).

I love the warm tones you used bc most of Tropico happens on Earth, which could be somehow considered Hell, since she was first in Paradise/Heaven. And because of that, the logo looking like legit fire/flames really matches that theme. 

If you want to keep that color palette, then ignore this, but have you tried, idk, making like some item w/ the logo having colder tones? Like some blue-white, that sort of stuff?

Either way, it looks very very good! 

10 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

your tropico concept looks AMAZING :trisha: 

Thank you so much for the feedback guys :defeated:

About the logo, I unfortunately didn't designed it myself, but the true story is even better and kinda incredible tbh, I don't know if yall know/remember but I'll explain it all in the full thread. I still wish it had a bit more variety though :/ Maybe a different logo per poster? I will see.

Ok that's interesting, thank you for putting that much thought into it, in my head it was more like "haha pretty fire colours go brr brr" lol. I'm ultra interested in making a blueish version, but also I spent literally hours of my life trying to make the pics and logo look like fire that I'm afraid to even try hehe but I definitely will, because maybe that's the balance the project needs? Thanks so much again :D

ZKcaooE.png

Sorry for bumping again - I just tried, and honestly sis...

Vi9NYR5.png

My 2 cents: I think it looks cool as FUCK but also more ghostly like than fiery, I don't quite know what to make of it :toofunny: Overall I think I still prefer the Califires colourway! 

ZKcaooE.png

On 7/13/2021 at 3:16 PM, annedauphine said:

A small concept (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)

OavCnK2.jpg

ok but how cool is that??? design queen! really great representation of the hellish side of tropico, usually people stick with the cool colors and the virgin imagery, this is very nice! :)

Guys, if I made one or several sticker packs, for example one sticker per album, or one per song per album, and had them printed professionally, how would you feel about purchasing some? I already have this illus sticker I still have a stack of but I was looking for one for my computer on Etsy and I haven't found any I liked yet... But it seems to be working pretty well... If I made some, they would be super graphic probably. And typographic. Idk I just want to work on something fun but if someone enjoys it to the point of wanting to purchase it, I wouldn't be against it you know? I was thinking of like vintage designs inspired stuff super simple but effective

ZKcaooE.png

On 10/27/2017 at 6:04 PM, annedauphine said:

because I want to get away from being associated to Lana

Why???? ?

On 7/18/2021 at 7:52 AM, annedauphine said:

Sorry for bumping again - I just tried, and honestly sis...

Vi9NYR5.png

My 2 cents: I think it looks cool as FUCK but also more ghostly like than fiery, I don't quite know what to make of it :toofunny: Overall I think I still prefer the Califires colourway! 

If the blue was less bright or the shade of blue was a bit darker it'd look great. ?

Looks amazing either way ?

On 8/8/2021 at 2:11 PM, The Siren said:

Why???? ?

You're very right to ask, my premade answer was that it's my day to day job (I'm a type and graphic designer), so I want people to know I can do "serious" stuff and not just fanart, but actually it's all I truly love to do and I wouldn't mind being paid for it for the rest of my life. So idk why I said that. And the proof is that I'm still doing fanart :)

I'm working on something fun rn for example, more to come

raxKGIw.png

ZKcaooE.png

2 minutes ago, annedauphine said:

You're very right to ask, my premade answer was that it's my day to day job (I'm a type and graphic designer), so I want people to know I can do "serious" stuff and not just fanart, but actually it's all I truly love to do and I wouldn't mind being paid for it for the rest of my life. So idk why I said that. And the proof is that I'm still doing fanart :)

I'm working on something fun rn for example, more to come

Reveal hidden contents

raxKGIw.png

It just seemed off or out of place while being on a Lana forum?

I'd like to see what the finished product is ?

2 minutes ago, The Siren said:

It just seemed off or out of place while being on a Lana forum?

It's really not the worst thing that has been said about Lana on this forum trust me :horror: What I said was very mild and it was sincere, I've been making Lana stuff since 2015 so I needed some time off. But I'm glad to be back on the train and to apply the new skills I've learned. Don't expect much, I'm just making title cards for fun haha

ZKcaooE.png

Ok so this looks sooooooo unbeliveably pompous and I hate it profusely tbh but I wanted to make a concept for Sirens, based on the Garden of Earthly Delights by Bosch and Dante's Spheres of Heaven. Here's part of the results, if you think it's worth making a full blown project please let me know :)

DOJlREC.jpg

ZKcaooE.png

16 minutes ago, annedauphine said:

Ok so this looks sooooooo unbeliveably pompous and I hate it profusely tbh but I wanted to make a concept for Sirens, based on the Garden of Earthly Delights by Bosch and Dante's Spheres of Heaven. Here's part of the results, if you think it's worth making a full blown project please let me know :)

DOJlREC.jpg

wait i really love this!!!! this reminds me i need to put sirens on my phone again, it’s so good

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif