BLURRYFACE

Rina Sawayama

3 hours ago, TRENCH said:

............................ anyways what do ya'll think her sound is going to evolve to? Pretty sure Lucid is a one time thing 

Pretty sure she'll stay in this rock-influenced / early 2000s pop sound for another album or two since it really worked well for her, but I really see her coming out with an indie rock/folk influenced album one day

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

so i finally came around to listen to the album and feel like the biggest clown for not doing so earlier :tanisha: :awkney2:

my favourites: xs, stfu! comme des garcons, akasaka sad, who's gonna save u now?, chosen family and the rest is just as good

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

Rina Sawayama Does It All, And Now She’s Ready To Do More

Well fuck, when Kylie went to Nashville she recorded her worst album by far and also this...

But ‘Lucid’ was weird though because I was a bit hesitant to release a song that was so pop and dance. I thought ‘oh all these alternative people love my music’ or whatever. But, looking back, I’ve set a nice thing for myself because I’m doing so many different genres.

People don’t expect anything from me, which means I can give them everything.

200.gif

15 minutes ago, KeybladeMeister said:

Bees & Honey is so good... 

It deserves to be longer than it is

:defeated:

It truly disappointed me, expected something different, either way I'm super happy you enjoy it and yeah, it's more like an interlude than a full track :(

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

14 hours ago, KeybladeMeister said:

Bees & Honey is so good... 

It deserves to be longer than it is

:defeated:

right.. the screaming part could've easily been a bridge and then having a final chorus after it, would've been a solid 2 minute song

but the song is so fucking good like wow

17 minutes ago, LiFELiNE said:

right.. the screaming part could've easily been a bridge and then having a final chorus after it, would've been a solid 2 minute song

but the song is so fucking good like wow

Good idea! I'll try to extend it 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

It's crazy to read the first few pages here and seeing the uncertainty around SAWAYAMA before its release. She delivered one of the best pop albums in recent years...

Does anyone have links to her unreleased tracks like Terror? I can't seem to find them anywhere. I only have her standalone singles, the RINA EP, and the SAWAYAMA Deluxe (+ Tokyo Takover). Basically, the ones on streaming. 

13 hours ago, Guitar Beat said:

It's crazy to read the first few pages here and seeing the uncertainty around SAWAYAMA before its release. She delivered one of the best pop albums in recent years...

Does anyone have links to her unreleased tracks like Terror? I can't seem to find them anywhere. I only have her standalone singles, the RINA EP, and the SAWAYAMA Deluxe (+ Tokyo Takover). Basically, the ones on streaming. 

Louis (for a 2014 gig at Zigfrid von Underbelly) - https://dbree.org/v/95e247

Terror - 

Tunnel Vision (2015 Version) -

6° (Clarence Clarity x Rina Sawayama, live recording) -

How We Were Then (live recording) -

Play On Me (for MAC Cosmetics x Nicopanda 2018 campaign) -

Ready or Not (snippet only) -

45 minutes ago, Waitress said:

Louis (for a 2014 gig at Zigfrid von Underbelly) - https://dbree.org/v/95e247

Terror - 

Tunnel Vision (2015 Version) -

6° (Clarence Clarity x Rina Sawayama, live recording) -

How We Were Then (live recording) -

Play On Me (for MAC Cosmetics x Nicopanda 2018 campaign) -

Ready or Not (snippet only) -

why'd we get we out here and not ready or not omfg

how we were then + 6° are really good too wtf

xMcVPI7.jpg

12 minutes ago, DaddyKnows said:

Rina and Clarence decided to scrap '6°' for good since they disliked the final result.

'How We Were Then' is definitely coming on a future release. It was even on the final tracklist draft for her debut back then, but it was ultimately scrapped.

how we were then is LITERALLY so good omfg

xMcVPI7.jpg

15 hours ago, DaddyKnows said:

'How We Were Then' is definitely coming on a future release. It was even on the final tracklist draft for her debut back then, but it was ultimately scrapped.

I HOPE. Knowing she said it would be released, I really expected it to be on the Deluxe . . . would've made perfect sense then. Leads me to believe there might be one final follow-up release - perhaps right before tour? - but IDK if she'd resurrect it for RS2? 

We'll see