BLURRYFACE

Rina Sawayama

4 hours ago, avenue said:

also the rina ep needs more recognition 

i actually listen to it more than sawayama (although the highs of sawayama are higher than the ep)

I adore the Rina EP, it really reminds me to Hikaru Utada first two albums. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

7 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

I adore the Rina EP, it really reminds me to Hikaru Utada first two albums. 

it reminds me more of distance than first love

tbh first love is overrated it's a very basic fluff teen pop record that was of its time - distance however has those BOPS and the heavy y2k sound that's also on the rina ep not to mention the significantly improved vocals from their previous releases

also if the rina ep is distance, does that mean that sawayama is deep river and hold the girl is exodus?

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

21 hours ago, EXODUS said:

I loathe Bees and Honey

This is actually factually incorrect! it is a fun litel song and if u think otherwise u r a moldy cashew 

xMcVPI7.jpg

1 hour ago, avenue said:

it reminds me more of distance than first love

tbh first love is overrated it's a very basic fluff teen pop record that was of its time - distance however has those BOPS and the heavy y2k sound that's also on the rina ep not to mention the significantly improved vocals from their previous releases

also if the rina ep is distance, does that mean that sawayama is deep river and hold the girl is exodus?

Well, I would be super excited if Hold the Girl happens to be similar to Exodus. The closest Rina has gotten to Exodus is Akasaka Sad and Fuck this World. 

And I agree, First Love is overrated af while Distance is underrated (and God knows she tends to forget the incredible song that is Sunglasses).

Distance is better in every single way and it deserves a re-release with demos and unreleased stuff just like First Love had. 

Even though I really like her first two albums, I must admit that to me, the real Hikaru Utada started with Deep River. That's when she started to shape a sound of her own moving away from the Y2K sound of Destiny Child's and Janet Jackson RnB. 

31 minutes ago, abombnd said:

This is actually factually incorrect! it is a fun litel song and if u think otherwise u r a moldy cashew 

I don't get it, how can it be factually incorrect if it's my very personal opinion? 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

58 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

I don't get it, how can it be factually incorrect if it's my very personal opinion? 

It's in the dictionary 

xMcVPI7.jpg

1 hour ago, EXODUS said:

(and God knows she tends to forget the incredible song that is Sunglasses).

don't forget drama and kettobase (and the alternate mix of addicted to you that imo shits on the single/album version)

2 hours ago, avenue said:

don't forget drama and kettobase (and the alternate mix of addicted to you that imo shits on the single/album version)

Drama is very underrated. 

Kettobase is single worthy. 

I love both versions of Addicted to You

And the closer track is glorious, Hayatochi Remix is better than the original in every single way, that fucking bass is nuts. 

2 hours ago, abombnd said:

It's in the dictionary 

:sky: 

8 hours ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

yeah i also got disappointed when i found out bees & honey wasn't that funky-ish track showed on sawayama's making of but i still loved it since the first listen nnnn 

if I didnt get wrong that funky track is proud, she said proud and woh, b&h will come out in different way so I think it was cut in the last minutes, but I don’t know why she didnt put it on deluxe:crai:

2 hours ago, Architecture1116 said:

if I didnt get wrong that funky track is proud, she said proud and woh, b&h will come out in different way so I think it was cut in the last minutes, but I don’t know why she didnt put it on deluxe:crai:

Let's pray for a 5 years anniversary re-release of SAWAYAMA. 

ok listening to This Hell again I love it!! but I do not remember Rina saying "wow that's hot" on my first listens :wtfney: I love it but for some reason have no memory of it

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

2 hours ago, HigherThanHope said:

The deluxe version she released was absolutely criminal - there is no way around justifying it. 

Proud and ESPECIALLY How We Were Then should've been released. Like ... what was she thinking? ☠️☠️☠️

like, i enjoy the deluxe tracks enough but like girl??? HOW do u make a song like how we were then n then fackin cut it off the album?? plus didn't she cut it off rina EP originally too?

xMcVPI7.jpg

also wasn't tokyo takeover originally an outtake from the ep she was making before clarence came into the picture?

not RINA but even before that (i know it included where u are, og tunnel vision, and the alterlife demo that has the different lyrics)

20 hours ago, Architecture1116 said:

in case someone interested, the iTunes mastered version of tokyo takeover is on dbree (buy from jp iTunes Store), I remember someone said the iTunes master and cd rip have different?

https://dbree.org/v/08e010

Yes, its master is slightly different. 

Thank you so much ☺