BLURRYFACE

Rina Sawayama

On 7/25/2022 at 5:11 PM, comeintomybedroom said:

FYbUSimWQAATSay?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Title track out Wednesday!

Yet another single cover that's better than the album cover and in this one there's someone actually holding the girl what the fuck Rina, i'm probs using this one instead.

3 hours ago, True Romance said:

album is delayed 2 weeks until Sept 16th but she said to make up for it she’s adding another single :gasp:

Does anybody else hate these mini delays? Like, the album was already put in platforms, why is the delay? When it's a couple months is understandable they changed something important, but in this case... girl why :crying2:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

45 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Yet another single cover that's better than the album cover and in this one there's someone actually holding the girl what the fuck Rina, i'm probs using this one instead.

Does anybody else hate these mini delays? Like, the album was already put in platforms, why is the delay? When it's a couple months is understandable they changed something important, but in this case... girl why :crying2:

Am I the only one who absolutely loves the album cover? I don't know what it is but it looks so editorial and weird and mystical. 

Hold the Girl is the bets track so far ♥ 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

1 hour ago, rural legend said:

Am I the only one who absolutely loves the album cover? I don't know what it is but it looks so editorial and weird and mystical. 

she looks like a literal douche.

:rollin:

it cannot be unseen.

34 minutes ago, Life said:

she looks like a literal douche.

it cannot be unseen.

It's as awful as Lady Gaga's BTW cover. It's not iconic in any way, just strange for the Sake of being strange and ugly (just like Björk's Utopia cover lol) 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

I've been holding back from preordering the album bc This Hell is pretty much just okay for me atm and I've only listened to Catch Me In the Air probs once. SAWAYAMA was my most listened album of 2020 and I love it so much so I just don't feel like the quality of the first two singles have met my expectations. But oh damn I am loving the title track so I hope the rest of the album will continue on that path and be stronger than what we have for now.

And yes the cover for This Hell should've been the album cover imo or the pic used in one of those new t-shirts.

12 hours ago, EXODUS said:

It's as awful as Lady Gaga's BTW cover. It's not iconic in any way, just strange for the Sake of being strange and ugly (just like Björk's Utopia cover lol) 

the BTW cover is completely iconic though... this is not that.

19 minutes ago, Life said:

the BTW cover is completely iconic though... this is not that.

Yooo I hate all three Hold the Girl, Born This Way and Utopia artworks mentioned by @EXODUS :bebe: they have their own way of horrendousness and while I lowkey live for it, I also would've preferred a completely different artwork for each.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

1 hour ago, Glitter Boy said:

Yooo I hate all three Hold the Girl, Born This Way and Utopia artworks mentioned by @EXODUS :bebe: they have their own way of horrendousness and while I lowkey live for it, I also would've preferred a completely different artwork for each.

don't get me wrong, i prefer the deluxe for BTW but the original is pretty iconic. i mean, all of these are still better than the COCC cover though...

Naur gaga as a motorcycle with BORN THIS WAY in that bold metal font is high level camp and I've grown to love it :true:

anyways y'all im getting kinda scared for this record :bebe: This Hell was decent for like 3 days then the lyrics were too bad for me to consciously continue streaming then Catch Me in the Air was... not good :awkney: Hold the Girl is my fav so far but even then it doesn't hold a candle to any of the just decent tracks off SAWAYAMA :trisha: LUCID really changed her didn't it :crai: where did Dynasty into XS into STFU! into Comme de Garcons Rina goooo

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

10 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

Yup, I wish those three albums had a different cover art.

4 minutes ago, blameitonme said:

i don't wanna be mean but this record so far just feels like she's trying too hard to get critical acclaim or something, i miss her fun pop music bops!

catch me in the air is very cute though

if that’s the case then she’s failing horribly :bebe: hold the girl is the best out of the singles, but catch me in the air is…rancid. Still holding out hope for the rest of the album 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)