BLURRYFACE

Rina Sawayama

revisiting SAWAYAMA and she's clearly never topping this. she was ahead of her time, she deserves her flowers NOW methinks :xgiggle:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Ok, I love Rina and it hurts me to say this, but some her lyrics are terrible and it's about time we start admitting this. This new LP is such a step down from SAWAYAMA. The production, vocals and aesthetic are top notch, pero like, the lyrics are downright horrible at times. She needs to sharpen her pencil and come back stronger. 

yeah yeah yeah both RINA and SAWAYAMA are more unique than Hold the Girl so? While HTG is not her best album, it doesn't deserve the hate it gets, it's Rina embracing mainstream at some extent and I kinda love it. Yeah it probably lacks the lyrical brilliance of previous releases, but tbh I enjoy it for what it is not you This Hell, and particularly everything from Forgiveness through Hurricanes is excellent. Title track is fabulous as well.

the only thing I still hate about this album is the horrendous cover, and maybe the chorus of This Hell.

Holy might be coming for SOTY tho.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

The thing is... this album is way too cheesy and overwhelmed for me. While SAWAYAMA served vehement but ambiguous lyrics with some sass, HTG lyrically is corny & overloaded both lyrically and production-wise (to me). Hurricanes reminds me of something that Big Time Rush would make and Frankenstein is something Gaga would have written (") for Chromatica.

By the way, This Hell, to me, is the most bitchy and sassy track from this album (something I specifically love in Rina's music), so I don't think it deserves the amount of hate it gets... 

Anyway Take Me As I Am best song RINA. 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Ehhhh I absolutely love RINA and SAWAYAMA, and there are a few songs from HTG that I like. But overall I have to agree it's nowhere near as good. The album is a bit too 'loud' for me if that makes any sense, but I am hoping HTG is one of those albums that need some time to grow on you or will sound better live. 

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

4 hours ago, Pale Fire said:

The only song I like on the record is Imagining. Everything else is either boring or terrible. This Hell is literally one of the worst songs I’ve ever heard, I do not see the appeal at all… the weird country voice, the cringey lyrics.. it’s hell indeed

You really need to broaden your listening then Lol

lets talk about how her store said they shipped my items on the 6th, gave me an incorrect tracking number and has had no updates since <3

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

Wow this album aged like milk for me, I keep replaying her debut album so often yet this album don't catch my attention anymore. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde