BLURRYFACE

Rina Sawayama

On 11/13/2022 at 7:42 AM, HigherThanHope said:

And the way they left the end of each verse sharp, it's so crazy to me

No like??? How did ANYBODY at her label/team/producers not catch this . Especially when the og mix had the correct tuning.

On 11/15/2022 at 8:16 PM, EXODUS said:

Whoa both masters are so much better. 

I adore how you can actually listen to the instruments of Hurricane with such clarity instead of the messy noise that the final master has. 

You can tell they stylistically went for a more "grungey" sound on the final. Played at lower volume, it's kinda a vibe. The drums are more sheen. But theres literally zero dynamics when you listen at a higher volume and you can hear how distorted everything is from the compression. Verging onto earrape honestly. Wish they made like a compromise of both mixes

The way when SAWAYAMA dropped I couldn’t escape the album I saw people talking about it every single day I saw constant praise,, But since HTG dropped I’ve barely seen anyone discussing it outside of when the cover dropped and people were talking about how her dress looked like a douche :toofunny: I literally forget about this album’s existence sometimes, even though I do really like this album.

qfrWuBl.png

7 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

The way when SAWAYAMA dropped I couldn’t escape the album I saw people talking about it every single day I saw constant praise,, But since HTG dropped I’ve barely seen anyone discussing it outside of when the cover dropped and people were talking about how her dress looked like a douche :toofunny: I literally forget about this album’s existence sometimes, even though I do really like this album.

she was cute for a week or two ig, im not really mad any longer that i cant make it to the tour :toofunny: 

image.png

turning into the rina version of elle i fear :xgiggle:

V4TrvPy.jpg

HE5QIWB.jpg

Spoiler

if anyone is curious

RINA LP [2022 rough trade repress - orange & blue marbled vinyl]
SAWAYAMA CD [2022 japanese deluxe edition]
Hold The Girl CD [standard]
Hold The Girl CD [japanese]
Hold The Girl LP [white vinyl]
Hold The Girl cassette [clear]

Hold The Girl signed art card
Moment House livestream commemorative t-shirt
"Gates of Hell" t-shirt
Phantom single cover t-shirt

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

I love her and everything she did before HTG and I just can’t bring myself to enjoy HTG. It’s just a mishmash of her biggest flaws when it comes to her music: corny lyrics, poor mixing decisions, production ideas that sound better on paper, cliches, and cheap novelty. Praying it grows on me this year :noparty:

1 minute ago, Architecture1116 said:

her cover of first love is so good I wish she recorded a studio version:defeated:

and I need a Japanese album from her or even an ep

i’m not sure if she’d release a japanese album as a main project but i’d love it if she did it at least as a side project… even if it was just re-recordings of stuff she’s already put out

my j-pop playlist needs some rina in it me thinks

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

today my brother made me watch heartstopper because his friend dared him too and rina came on in one scene and i was jumping

On 1/12/2023 at 2:51 AM, TrashMagiq said:

deserved... love HTG but sawayama is farrr more iconic like paradisin???? lucid????? chosen family????????? MOTHER HELLO

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

2 hours ago, paris texas said:

i’m not sure if she’d release a japanese album as a main project but i’d love it if she did it at least as a side project… even if it was just re-recordings of stuff she’s already put out

my j-pop playlist needs some rina in it me thinks

yeah I want a jpop classic cover from her! automatic (rina version) when:defeated:

manifesting that eventually we get a deluxe of HTG with outtakes, and this time more than like 2 of them lol - esp with how cohesive the base album is, i'd love to hear the more eclectic stuff that might've been cut for brevity or whatever.  (+ justice for the unreleased sawayama songs that didn't make it onto the deluxe there either...)

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

most of Hold The Girl and tbh even some of Sawayama have disappointed me so much it makes me sad because i want to love rina :( it’s not like i’m against artists growing and evolving at all but the Rina EP was really special and i hadn’t heard anything like it released in the previous 10 or so years before it. she went from such a fresh and unique sound in the context of what music was in 2017 to just normal pop music that sounds like everything else, she stopped bringing anything new to the table imo. also her annoying social media presence really turned me off too :rollin:

Alterlife is still song of the century though