BLURRYFACE

Rina Sawayama

50 minutes ago, avenue said:

ok but i’ve been realizing how my favorite songs on sawayama now are the ones that were the most understated for me initially 

like akasaka sad, love me 4 me, bad friend, who’s gonna save u now, tokyo takeover have really GROWN

tokyo takeover deserve to be on the standard tracklist, I hate rina

41 minutes ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

i wish i could listen to akasaka sad like the first time again. A MASTERPIECE

yeah i liked it on first listen but it didn’t really HIT until like the 40th listen

it might be my favorite rina song now (along with CSS and 10-20-40)

shoutout to the enter sandman cover - she really turned a straight man song into one of the gayest things i’ve ever heard and i love it

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 hour ago, Architecture1116 said:

tokyo takeover deserve to be on the standard tracklist, I hate rina

I wonder if she's gonna released it on Spotify internationally soon. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

4 hours ago, avenue said:

we out here & bees and honey are definitely among her worst along with terror and who?

We Out Here is meh to me, but Bees and Honey is very annoying. 

I really understand what she wanted to do with BaH and the concept is very interesting, the screams at the end was such a great idea... But the execution was poor. 

Terror is awful af 

Who is boring, thank God is just a B-Side for an early single. Sleeping in Walking is pretty good to me, it's very alternative. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

2 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

We Out Here is meh to me, but Bees and Honey is very annoying. 

I really understand what she wanted to do with BaH and the concept is very interesting, the screams at the end was such a great idea... But the execution was poor. 

Terror is awful af 

Who is boring, thank God is just a B-Side for an early single. Sleeping in Walking is pretty good to me, it's very alternative. 

also the rina ep needs more recognition 

i actually listen to it more than sawayama (although the highs of sawayama are higher than the ep)

5 minutes ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

We Out Here could have been on the standard imo, however BAH and Lucid are so bad :toofunny:

lucid is the best deluxe track

(although that’s not a particularly high compliment considering the competition)

noooo We Out Here and Bees and Honey are some of my favs off the whole album :beyonce: especially B&H I live for the noisy girl-group vibe the song has its only 1:47 and uses its time well its a fun lil bop :true: we out here took me a while to come around to but I like playing it in the car def the best deluxe tracks

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

yeah i also got disappointed when i found out bees & honey wasn't that funky-ish track showed on sawayama's making of but i still loved it since the first listen nnnn 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

1 hour ago, TRENCH said:

everyone hates LUICD, yet it's been fluctuating between the first three top spots "most streamed Rina songs" on Apple Music since its release :xgiggle: 

because it's overhated :true:

it's really not that bad - it doesn't pale to anything on sawayama besides chosen family but it's still cute and i really don't understand why people love to shit on it

2 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

anyway the new song is great and just what we needed before Pride month:whip:

it's actually making me revisit shania's discography and me realizing it's incredibly strong all killer no filler

i mean i already liked shania but i was pretty hit or miss but i've been BOPPING to up! (disc? two!) (red! ver-sion!)

The cowboy atmosphere of This Hell's performance was unexpected but that doesn't make it bad y'all :facepalm: Issa good performance, in fact 

56 minutes ago, avenue said:

because it's overhated :true:

it's really not that bad - it doesn't pale to anything on sawayama besides chosen family but it's still cute and i really don't understand why people love to shit on it

It sounds generic and kinda dated, though

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

12 minutes ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

It sounds generic and kinda dated, though

wasn’t that the point though :bebe:

13 minutes ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

The cowboy atmosphere of This Hell's performance was unexpected but that doesn't make it bad y'all :facepalm: Issa good performance, in fact 

also it’s definitely adding to the “genres not covered on sawayama” thing

wonder what genre rina will master next

7 hours ago, avenue said:

ok but i’ve been realizing how my favorite songs on sawayama now are the ones that were the most understated for me initially 

like akasaka sad, love me 4 me, bad friend, who’s gonna save u now, tokyo takeover have really GROWN

Who’s gonna save you now was understated for you?……guuurl….

1 minute ago, Coney Island King said:

Who’s gonna save you now was understated for you?……guuurl….

yeah idk why but it didn't immediately pop off for me cause it seemed not as intense as stfu

and 2 years later i'm here to say that i didn't know nothing i was stupid i was foolish i was lying to myself because it is EASILY one of her best songs

arguably one of the best pop songs of this decade so far