BLURRYFACE

Rina Sawayama

20 hours ago, Real Bad Girl said:

Who cares about Frankenstein origin, name, height, sign... Y'all need to find better things to worry about.

my mind every time I see the Frankenstein discourse 

just went through the whole album and MY FUCKING GODDDD IM OBSESSED ! even though i loved all the singles they sound even better within the album and  forgiveness to hurricanes is a fucking LEGENDARIC track run like just straight up fucking tens. this is like the early 2000’s album of my dreams. i know i’m in the minority with this. even though i love sawayama it was never instant for me. this album is like an instant classic for me. i only mention that cause i’ve been seeing that people are already calling this album her sophomore slump and i couldn’t disagree more. rina sounds more confident than ever with this and the production on the album is fucking amazing and rich. i already know i’m gonna have this on fucking REPEATTTTT. 

I haven't really listened to her before and couldn't find much of the new album. So I just ripped a full leak and was like damn, this girl really needs to work on her promo skills. Then I realized the album isn't even released yet. Loool. 

I love love love the song Holy. Lyrics, production, relatability, jfgkflgjfkh. Hauntingly beautiful. 

Spoiler

The lyrics make me wanna cry while the production makes me wanna dance, help :crai::sluttybunny:

my colour vinyl turn up today, along with a CD of her Roundhouse performance. wasn't expecting it tbh, and seems like it was just an exclusive with the vinyl.

:defeated:

the tracklist is: 

Dynasty

STFU

CDG

Akasaka Sad

Snakeskin

Cyber Stockholm Syndrome

Paradisin' 

Love Me 4 Me

Bad Friend

Fuck This World

A Message From Zarah Sultana MP

Who's Gonna Save U Now

Tokyo Love Hotel

Chosen Family

Catch Me In The Air

Cherry

XS

Lucid

Free Womana remixa

6 minutes ago, Life said:

my colour vinyl turn up today, along with a CD of her Roundhouse performance. wasn't expecting it tbh, and seems like it was just an exclusive with the vinyl.

the tracklist is: 

Dynasty

STFU

CDG

Akasaka Sad

Snakeskin

Cyber Stockholm Syndrome

Paradisin' 

Love Me 4 Me

Bad Friend

Fuck This World

Who's Gonna Save U Now

Tokyo Love Hotel

Chosen Family

Catch Me In The Air

Cherry

XS

Lucid

Free Womana remixa

m4a download if anyones interested - https://krakenfiles.com/view/5gUtTCXDXA/file.html

The new album is so weird.

The first few songs which are the singles are……ok i guess. Don’t really love any of them but a couple are listenable. Hold The Girl is the best out of all of them.

Middle tracks are absolutely sublime, Holy, Your Age, Imagining, Frankenstein, Hurricanes. She really said “Blow these fagurts eardrums out” with Imagining when she recorded that.

Then the last few tracks are so boring.

It’s a very inconsistent album and sadly disappointing as a follow up to her debut which is pretty much perfect from start to finish bar 1 track. 
I feel like she was aiming for a large part of the album to have a real stadium pop sound, similar to Gaga’s Born This Way album, but it doesn’t really hit as hard as Gaga did.

It may grow on me, but it’s such a mixed bag honestly.

5 hours ago, Life said:

the tracklist is: 

Dynasty

STFU

CDG

Akasaka Sad

Snakeskin

Cyber Stockholm Syndrome

Paradisin' 

Love Me 4 Me

Bad Friend

Fuck This World

Who's Gonna Save U Now

Tokyo Love Hotel

Chosen Family

Catch Me In The Air

Cherry

XS

Lucid

Free Womana remixa

It's only available with the Rough Trade lemonade vinyl.

BzhmW.png

let me start with saying i get why people  maybe dislike the album since it is quite incoherent (this hell feels so out of place even though ive loved it since day one) BUT the album as a whole makes a lot more sense than the singles alone .. like they put me off at first and i cant pinpoint exactly as to why.. maybe because the lyrics felt so in your face? like dont get me wrong i absolutely adore the concept of reconciling with your younger self/working through that trauma but some of the songs felt so flat.. however i do feel differently after listening to the album as a whole. in context, songs like phantom or hurricanes hit soooo different and maybe my standards were just so high from sawayama that it was hard to catch up with that.. anyways im losing track i think this album will grow on a lot of people and it already has on me since my expectations were low! also the track run from holy (til you let me go) to hurricane is soooo fun like this truly feels like a rina album ykwim…. :hooker:

I don't know what y'all were into lol. jk

I managed to keep me from listening to any single before the album so I could listen everything as a whole for the first time, and it was amazing. No it doesn't feel as experimental as SAWAYAMA but I don't mind at all?

Anyways, I do like the album as a whole, "inconsistency" and all - to me it felt more like she explored several genres throughout and it kinda works. I don't actively dislike any song overall, there are some growers here and there. The track run Holy - Your Age - Imagining - Frankenstein is un-de-fea-ta-ble :gclap: 

Favourite songs: HOLY (TIL YOU LET ME GO) [this one is contender for Favourite Rina Sawayama Song Ever], Hold the Girl, Your Age, Imagining and Frankenstein.

Least favourite tracks: This Hell (lyrics corny af at times), To Be Alive (this one doesn't really feel as a closer tbh).

It's true, the singles hit different when in the context of the album.

A lot of replay value from my end tbh :gurl: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: