BLURRYFACE

Rina Sawayama

7 hours ago, the ocean said:

the opinions in this thread... are very interesting facecover.gif

it's still album of the year maybe it's just too ahead of its time for everyone holdtheslay.png

the album is so good! I really like it, particularly the middle part. she really did that :gurl: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

3 hours ago, letterblue said:

we'll always have SAWAYAMA, her only good album i fear.

the way this erases both hold the girl AND rina (which is really more an album than an ep let's be real)

she has released nothing bad and i really think we're gonna look back on this album in the future and say that it was ahead of its time mark my words (it happened with erotica, it happened with impossible princess, it happened with glitter, it happened with bionic, it happened with artpop, and it's already kind of happening with sweetener)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Ok I love her since the Rina ep, I even bought a physical copy of Sawayama to support her but I’m scared of listening to HTG on account of the mixed reviews.

:noparty: 

2 minutes ago, Pnin said:

Ok I love her since the Rina ep, I even bought a physical copy of Sawayama to support her but I’m scared of listening to HTG on account of the mixed reviews.

:noparty: 

personally i love it and i think it's a serious AOTY contender but it is a definite sonic shift away from her previous stuff and it's more mainstream sounding so go into it with that mindset instead of expecting something sonically innovative

i feel like the gays heard the production and immediately called it a flop without even letting it grow or reading the lyrics because the lyrics are actually phenomenal

Just now, the ocean said:

personally i love it and i think it's a serious AOTY contender but it is a definite sonic shift away from her previous stuff and it's more mainstream sounding so go into it with that mindset instead of expecting something sonically innovative

i feel like the gays heard the production and immediately called it a flop without even letting it grow or reading the lyrics because the lyrics are actually phenomenal

TY for your thoughts, I’ll be open minded. :kiss:

i saw her live earlier this year and when she performed catch me in the air as a “preview” of what was so come I was excited but definitely see how it’s a departure while still doing the early 2000s thing. 

my problem with this album is that rina always sounds like someone else, but never herself. it lacks the uniqueness of her previous releases, but, despite that, it's a good record. ppl just love to bandwagon hate sometimes. also, how long will she keep doing this "i'm a popstar from the year 2000" thing? you can't live on nostalgia dreamland forever girl! anyway snakeskin still her best song 

On 11/6/2022 at 4:20 PM, the ocean said:

i'm just gonna drop this here

Rxj53Qn.png

What if this is from the upcoming deluxe? I need more music because the album aged like milk. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

1 hour ago, finalgirl said:

i have yet to stream hold the girl in its full glory but i impulsively bought tix to her concert since she's coming in two weeks so hold the girl streamings begin now! :sass:

D O   I T!!!!!!!

or balloon dress rina will appear in your closet at exactly 6:13 am