Sign in to follow this  
LDR & The Conspiracy

Butterflies (Part 2)

My Baby Has An Eye For Pretty Things, Pretty Things 
He Thinks That Little Girls Are Butterflies And Cuts Their Wings 
Sicko, Psycho, Sicko, But He's My Beau 
Puts Them On A Roller Coaster, Lures Them In With Coca-cola!

This is another very important Sinister Song By LDR hinting at a Hollywood type of Evil Paedophilic Entity posing as a Religious Cult Leader and luring Girls Into a dangerous lifestyle of Drugs, Rape, Mind Control and Betrayal at The Highest Level in Exchange for Fame, Riches and Glory. Lana's been exposing these types of Psychos from the beginning of her career.

These Butterflies Are In A Golden Cage, Safe And Bound

MONEY POWER GLORY seems to be a continuation of the theme found in BUTTERFLIES Pt 2 where she's demanding the cult leader to complete his end of the deal. She gave herself to him Mind, Body and Soul (CRUEL WORLD) and he still isn't fulfilling his end of the deal by giving her the Fame and Riches he promised her. Also TIRED OF SINGING THE BLUES she talks about selling her Soul. She sold herself to this powerful Man in every way possible. She sacrificed every ounce of her being to this Man in hopes of achieving her dreams and he still ended up betraying her.

First of all, I enjoyed your post.

2nd, I think Hollywood suits better as conspiracy ( what/ which one? against whom/what? ) does not make any sense - only to maybe attract people more to the topic.

Lana writes what she's obsessed about and it is her main theme, just like my main theme when I write are boys from the gym and my drooling over some of them ;)

Again, interesting topic but imo it has nothing to do with conspiracies - unless you state it means smth entirely different than what actually means

On the other hand, I never go too deep or any deeper into her songs. I just like them.

If I'm understanding what your point is, then it's more social criticism, isn't it?

@ not only Hollywood is mentioned but themes of New World Order and, what I would call, Pedogate, are mentioned. if I were to exclusively talking about Hollywood then I would just focus on themes of pedophilia/rape in Hollywood. though those themes are not limited to just America/Hollywood at all. although with the news of Weinstein contributing to the conspiracy there's not any definite proof of Hollywood being a sex-ring, you know? its what you call a conspiracyCorey Feldman is a great example of this. As some members here may know I am a strong believer of some of the elements myself , and I both praise and shun Lana for how she acknowledges this through her music.

as micheal jackson would say

tenor.gif?itemid=5285474

walking into any swm thread attracts people, who needs an alluring title? I could literally title this "watch gross grow" & you bitches click on it

@ccc

Not really. Actually, a point I didn't bring up in OP is that the only two real condemnations of Hollywood are during MTV interview and Complex interview (which aren't apart from her music). In her music it's never explicitly stated that the conspiracy is something that she necessarily disapproves of. I tried to convey to the reader that Lana is merely stating her experience with the underground Hollywood. never once do I heard something along the lines of "those evil film makers" or "the corrupt politicians". Now is Lana going to say anything less of than she's sorry for the victims of Weinstein? of course not. but is she going to directly state this in her music? of course not

I thought a lot of this was quite obvious especially after Tropico. It's the dark side of the American dream. I always thought that a lot of her music (BtD and Paradise in particular) was about the idolaziation and worshipping of American pop culture and the darkness behind that. Her growing up obsessing over all these Hollywood legends to the point of wanting to become famous herself (Groupie incognito) and then only seeing the cruelty of it all. I mean none of this is really a conspiracy, it's an observation that a lot of us could have and can make. Beyoncé even had a visual in Lemonade "I'm not a God", because that's literally how the public treat her. (Sidenote: Family Feud MV being filmed in a church or the Grammy performsnce. The hypocrisy.) I believe the whole Get Free/COTBR is actually telling the listener to disattach themselves from that kind of worship or generally speaking getting rid of the desire to be like celebrities/live their life (there's no more chasing rainbows -> their arches are illusions). We seek to imitate art, but we should free ourselves from doing so as it is all an illusion.

I always thought a lot of Lana's music was about the dark side of Americana, power, money, ect. One of my biggest complaints about it all was she never went deep enough or dark enough. I wonder if the reason Lana has seemed to have changed so much recently, is because it has gotten too dark. This is something I could talk about for hours...