expandableclitoris

Call Me By Your Name

do you recommend reading the book?

i read the book all in one day and cried like 7 times so yeah

Is this not just the gay Lolita

this is a love story lolita is not.

the age difference isn't even big  :deadbanana:

i76mrxw.png 

It's an incredible movie, I saw it twice. The setting is so beautiful and so is the love story. When I watched it the first time I couldn't stop thinking about it so I just had to watch it again lol. Coming for Oscars!

Really want to read the book now.

i read the book all in one day and cried like 7 times so yeah

this is a love story lolita is not.

I read the book in one sitting too! I believe I started it around eight that evening and could not go to sleep till I was finished at like two or two thirty! I tried to go lay down a few times but kept getting up to read more. It definitely is a story that sticks with you for a long time after you read it. Especially if you relate to the story and or the experience of the characters. It was so bittersweet and so real. It just resonated with me on so many levels. Great, great read! I agree this is nothing like Lolita, lol. There is no comparison to be made, at least the comparisons that I've seen in this thread. They don't compare! The closest thing that I've had mildly compare was The Way We Were. I just watched it the other night and it made me have some feels.That said it wasn't the same level as this book. I really think it was playing on some residual feelings I was holding on to from reading this book. It's truly something that sticks with you!

I watched it yesterday and I'm still like :oprah2:

It's not like I loved it, or was my favorite of the year, but I loved the story and how it was told. Eliot is such an interesting character, and while I think the love story was rushed or blossomed out of nowhere, the chemistry between the two was excellent. the last scenes post train station were incredible, Chalamet performance really stands out.

Very good movie, waaay better than Moonlight last year. Now I have to see Lady Bird and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri :defeated:

8nl2OpX.png