Elle

Newark, NJ @ Prudential Center - January 19th, 2018

Before the last song - "It's weird that there's such a hard crew. Okay, so, I just want to say that you're my fucking people. I love you so much. I love you guys, we'll see you again soon. If not here, I'll be walking around on the streets! Come find me!"

More photos in spoiler & added to OP

Professional pictures:

38906096545_d3e9acb04a_b.jpg39773435122_f4efce1c8a_b.jpg39095049364_923e367d51_b.jpg39773435462_dc336ef73a_b.jpg28026591309_75345cd43d_b.jpg28026591869_e6e548525e_b.jpg39095048264_1e906d7e94_b.jpg

24934684497_af64bdfa09_b.jpg24934684417_fb99117808_b.jpg28026591849_74df6493da_b.jpg39773435282_91ae3cd01f_b.jpg

Fan pictures:

39773434602_fbe317f780_o.jpg39095048914_52d97ee253_b.jpg39805116111_4c38d08421_b.jpg38906095915_59dc6bbf33_o.jpg

Fan selfies:

28026591729_b6d954b760_o.jpg39095048364_dbb85f6798_o.jpg39773434552_2f872e789f_o.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

My take on Ride, changing the line "Just one hit song" is now 6 years after Born to Die, playing arenas bigger than ever, 2 #1 albums

​(along with 2 #2 albums)

​" riding the ride ...I had to decide, to play someone's game or live my own life"

(which like all great songwriters/poets before her could be taken two ways to let the listener decide, however sometimes one needs a nudge if one isn't seeing it, and her changing the word is that nudge 

​She did it HER way not THE way all prior girls were FORCED to do in a 100% misogynist music industry where she kept her vision,

​her ideas, thoughts, words, poems, sounds

(so in essence she could end Ride with the coda of "My Way"(changing the pronouns to female and using this as a musical reference) 

For what is a woman

What has she got

If not herself, then she has naught

To say the things she truly feels

and not the words of one who kneels

The record shows I took the blows

BUT I did it My Way

​because no female singer since perhaps Madonna, has before done what she did, breaking all the rules to come out on top bigger than ever.

​(and being that Sinatra and Elvis were the biggest acts of the 40s/50s and Lana is the best act of the 2000-2018 years and going

​and being that she herself has mentioned The  Sinatra family and Elvis prior)

​(and almost all the current female singers are still on the #1 hit merry-go-round or trying to be the next of them)

not to mention-

​I like her statement today about the women marches and the walls that are being broken.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Do you guys think she'll move to more "pop" music again? She relies A LOT on BTD material at her concerts - even 6 years down the road. 

I'm wondering if she is appreciating that material more? It seems like those songs aren't even her style and yet she sings them a lot. Do you think she'll return to that? It felt like LFL was an initial attempt. She said in Complex about LFL not shying away from a bigger sound.

It feels like she knows her songs aren't very concert friendly so she has to do the bigger ones to compensate. But why not just come up with a few newer "big" songs?

Do you guys think she'll move to more "pop" music again? She relies A LOT on BTD material at her concerts - even 6 years down the road. 

I'm wondering if she is appreciating that material more? It seems like those songs aren't even her style and yet she sings them a lot. Do you think she'll return to that? It felt like LFL was an initial attempt. She said in Complex about LFL not shying away from a bigger sound.

It feels like she knows her songs aren't very concert friendly so she has to do the bigger ones to compensate. But why not just come up with a few newer "big" songs?

I was thinking about this, but I feel like she'd be regressing a bit if she did; LFL started out more like Honeymoon but did reach that bigger sound, like you said.

I have a feeling after this, Lana will go into a less pop but still contemporary direction -

maybe a surf rock sound or a glam, psychedelic guitar route, or even acoustic but with beats, like BAR.

I'm thinking the beats she'll use will be more organic though, not electronic like the beats on songs like In My Feelings or Coachella - I have a feeling she'll go more natural.

LFL was an album for the fans, and I think that's why it's so current, stylistically and lyrically - it's meant to reflect the modern world, whereas previous records have had a more organic, dreamlike sound because they were reflective of the world Lana built for herself through music.

I can see LFL lyrical themes like Heroin/Change/Get Free coming together with a sonic atmosphere that's like Ultraviolence but more "Kill Kill" sounding, with psychedelic, colourful visuals, like Paradise meets something similar to the LA to the Moon stage set.

Sorry, I kind of went on a tangent here, but I feel like as Lana gets older, she's going to retire that poppier sound, and I think this tour, where she dresses very current and where LFL as an album is somewhat stylistically current, is kind of like a "farewell" to that era of Lana, and we're going to explore a more mature side of her.

But who knows what the future holds? :)

I was thinking about this, but I feel like she'd be regressing a bit if she did; LFL started out more like Honeymoon but did reach that bigger sound, like you said.

I have a feeling after this, Lana will go into a less pop but still contemporary direction -

maybe a surf rock sound or a glam, psychedelic guitar route, or even acoustic but with beats, like BAR.

I'm thinking the beats she'll use will be more organic though, not electronic like the beats on songs like In My Feelings or Coachella - I have a feeling she'll go more natural.

LFL was an album for the fans, and I think that's why it's so current, stylistically and lyrically - it's meant to reflect the modern world, whereas previous records have had a more organic, dreamlike sound because they were reflective of the world Lana built for herself through music.

I can see LFL lyrical themes like Heroin/Change/Get Free coming together with a sonic atmosphere that's like Ultraviolence but more "Kill Kill" sounding, with psychedelic, colourful visuals, like Paradise meets something similar to the LA to the Moon stage set.

Sorry, I kind of went on a tangent here, but I feel like as Lana gets older, she's going to retire that poppier sound, and I think this tour, where she dresses very current and where LFL as an album is somewhat stylistically current, is kind of like a "farewell" to that era of Lana, and we're going to explore a more mature side of her.

Love this idea and genuinely look forward to a progression like this! Hope she continues to grow and mature. Very exciting stuff!

I think her BTD days are def behind us. I guess wouldn't mind another radio song though to balance out the rest of the album. I keep going back to the Complex interview b/c she was so revealing and talked a lot about not shying away from the bigness of it all. She talked about how UV and HM were here being a bit introspective and she wanted to come out more with LFL.

Regardless of the sound - I think her next record will be really interesting b/c it could go any direction (or maybe multiple directions in one record).

Love this idea and genuinely look forward to a progression like this! Hope she continues to grow and mature. Very exciting stuff!

I think so too! Thanks! Nice to see like-minded individuals here :)

I think her BTD days are def behind us. I guess wouldn't mind another radio song though to balance out the rest of the album. I keep going back to the Complex interview b/c she was so revealing and talked a lot about not shying away from the bigness of it all. She talked about how UV and HM were here being a bit introspective and she wanted to come out more with LFL.

Regardless of the sound - I think her next record will be really interesting b/c it could go any direction (or maybe multiple directions in one record).

I totally agree! I feel like Lana records have always had a general sonic vibe to them that makes them so cohesive, but with LFL, it's incredibly diverse, so I could totally see multiple directions! 

Her confidence was really radiating during this show. She really seemed like she was in her element, being back in Jersey and all. She was on fireeeee

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

She was. This is my favourite video of that show. I can see things I never noticed even though I've been front row. The choreography speaks a lot more than I thought and her voice was just perfect, so much passion and intensity in this performance...

Check the other videos on his channel. I wonder what camera he used...