Radiohead Sues Lana for Copyright Infringement on "Get Free"

OMFG I HATE THIS ALKDJFWEOI

Radiohead needs to take the 40% and go.

I CANNOT believe how much this story has blown up honestly................

That's just the "normal" internet attention economy working here – when something's got noticed by a bunch of people a lot of other people jump on the bandwagon and try to milk it for clicks too. I hate that tbh.

I said this earlier, but Lana will be fine. She's always been controversial and has survived FAR worst. SNL, manufactured look, saying she wished she was dead - all this when her fanbase was far less than it is now. 

This also is not nearly as big as Madonna v Gaga, Taylor v Kanye, etc. It just happens when you're a celebrity, particularly a musician. 

This too shall pass. It's already not as big of a story anymore - that's how today's news cycle works. 

Not beacuse I am Lana's fan

but I really have not heard any similarities before this video!

Now, I can say, this 90% the same song!

:shh:

are u like deaf he literally said the melodies have vague similarities only.

i76mrxw.png 

of coz "no lawsuit has been issued" otherwise they'll be scheduling for court date

and for "Radiohead have not said blah blah blah" yet their label's lawyers team might have come up with this suggestion for once i assume

what a way to phrase these events into such ambiguous words  :crossed:

giphy.gif

thank you.

well, a lot of Trip Hop bands sample all the time. You have to make it transparent, give credit and probably pay but it's a normal technique.

SO I don't get why Lana or anyone on her team did not have the idea to "sample" Creep.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

but wasn't this like.. actually sampled in the demo, it was literally them using the same audio file.

then they went all out to re record it completely and basically remake the instrumental themselves 

both versions weren't released tho bc they're all pre btd AAANd they were demos she can sample whatever she wants in her unreleased demos she just needs permission to release it.

i76mrxw.png 

​I​ have a question- as I don't listen to either Halsey or G-Eazy-

didn't Lana actually write something that she was given no credit for that they "pilfered"

If so, what song?

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

​I​ have a question- as I don't listen to either Halsey or G-Eazy-

didn't Lana actually write something that she was given no credit for that they "pilfered"

If so, what song?

The song is called Him & I but I don’t think there was ever proof that Lana wrote it. There are a lot of clues that she did write it and even could have recorded it but no concrete proof. I may be wrong though

LIZARD PEOPLE

but wasn't this like.. actually sampled in the demo, it was literally them using the same audio file.

then they went all out to re record it completely and basically remake the instrumental themselves 

both versions weren't released tho bc they're all pre btd AAANd they were demos she can sample whatever she wants in her unreleased demos she just needs permission to release it.

Yes, but my point was that she was being "accused" at the time, too. And the band wasn't totally pleased by the lack of credits but maybe my memory fails me about that :um2: .

Edit:

De Kift

If you like the drums and bass of this song, please check the original version from our record released in 1989. The song is called "Blind" and the band's name "De Kift". We would have given permission, but she never asked...

Yes, but my point was that she was being "accused" at the time, too. And the band wasn't totally pleased by the lack of credits but maybe my memory fails me about that :um2: .

Edit:

yeah but like .. why would u credit someone if u don't release it. lana was no one back then and she didn't make any money out of it, It's like soundcloud or youtube producers making covers or remixes :rip:

i76mrxw.png 

yeah but like .. why would u credit someone if u don't release it. lana was no one back then and she didn't make any money out of it, It's like soundcloud or youtube producers making covers or remixes :rip:

I agree. What I wanted to point out in my first post was that she is always brought to these controversies, unluckily for Lana this isn't the first time she is accused of unoriginality, when it's probably unintentional since she has no problem referencing her inspirations.