Dominikx4

Berlin, Germany @ Mercedes-Benz Arena - April 16th 2018

So finally I'm awake (got a little bit wasted after the show with some friends ;) – I really loved yesterday's show! Cat Power was a great way to start the evening (and you could hear that she was some kind of inspiration for Lana), and Lana herself gave a great performance (almost 110 mins). These are my + and – of the show.

Positive:

- Gods & monsters!

- Change!

- Yayo!

- Honeymoon!

- almost all of the songs. :-)

- Lana's voice was great on most of the tracks which weren't from BTD

- the visual effects really added to the whole experience

- the audience was attentive during the music (especially during the silent songs) so no annoying screaming all the way (okay I was in 15th row or so – probably it was different in the front rows)

- she had a lot of interaction with the front rows (which was great for them; maybe not too great for the rest of the people :)

Negative:

- the overall sound wasn't that great, but that was probably due to the huge arena so it was to be expected; the quiet songs sounded awesome nevertheless

- too many songs from BTD!

- Lana only sang half of some of the lyrics on the BTD songs and let the background singers/tracks or the audience fill in the rest - sometimes it seemed as if she was a little bit bored by those songs.

- too many effects on her voice on some of those louder songs – why, Lana? Your voice is so beautiful, it doesn't need (too much of) those gimmicks.

- and her vocal delivery on "National anthem" was pretty weak. Just let this song go from your setlist forever, Lana.

So overall I enjoyed the experience a lot, although it wasn't my favourite show of her's (that has to be the 2016 at the Montreux Jazz Festival). I just hope that she will go back to smaller venues in the future.

Looks like a certain someone is going back to the studio after the tour to finish the project...

She confirmed that some time before if I’m not mistaken.

Does anyone by any change have the Cat Power White Mustang cover recorded?

I think it’s in the thread for her previous show..? Ooorrr I saw it on Twitter, I’m a mess I’m sorry. :toofunny:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

- Lana only sang half of some of the lyrics on the BTD songs and let the background singers/tracks or the audience fill in the rest - sometimes it seemed as if she was a little bit bored by those songs.

- too many effects on her voice on some of those louder songs – why, Lana? Your voice is so beautiful, it doesn't need (too much of) those gimmicks.

yikes, i have been enjoying this tour so much (her attitude! her ad-libs! her lyric and melody changes! actually performing songs off her latest album!) but seeing the show in full (on the the professionally recorded livestreams that we luckily got this era) has made these exact issues sorely stand out. certainly they can alter the songs to make them shorter/in a different key? or alter/omit sections she wants to avoid? i'd prefer that to her letting the backing track/audience sing for her. 

"get free" is an example of lana at her best this tour. you can tell she believes in this song. there is the right amount of audience interaction and it's shortened so she can give it her all. 

"and the darkness out of MY art. . ." 

interesting. i'm ready for a happier lana.

let me be who i'm meant to be

Negative:

- the overall sound wasn't that great, but that was probably due to the huge arena so it was to be expected; the quiet songs sounded awesome nevertheless

- too many songs from BTD!

I was at the Berlin show too and that's EXACTLY what I told everyone! I love her way of performing so much but JESUS - she seemed so lazy! Off To The Races is one of my favourites but she sang like 3 lines  :facepalm:

And the first quarter of the show was basically super loud backing vocals.