Your Girl Lana

Pawn Shop Blues

I hear this too. But I still hear "sold them all"

Oh no. Now I'm hearing it too. My entire vision of PSB is teetering on a precipice of disillusionment and...

Wait a minute. "All" two of them? One pair, two earrings? Or is she selling multiple sets? This is all just too overwhelming :ohno:

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

This song has a message that you don't get often in lana's songs: education and having your own life is more important than having a husband/boyfriend. Not saying that her songs usually have bad messages but i'm proud of her for this song  :thankyou:

tumblr_mg7j6rudk51qmosg3o1_500.gif

tbh i i cry almost everytime I put this song on, i truly love it, its so bittersweet and honest, and very strong of lana to let go of something so important to make her life into a work of art

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

According to David Kahne...

"A story about Lizzy selling he earrings in a pawn shop in the Bronx. It's such a strong image of loss and strength in the face of it, and of taking responsibility for our own faults"

This is what I think she says "And you’re alright, you’re letting nice things go".

Life is beautiful, but you don't have a clue

The live version of this, with the extra 'god damn, god damn' line is so heartbreaking

Great minds:

Some other fun facts about Bryan Dunn and Emily Rawlings: We got the heartbreaking live version of "Pawn Shop Blues" from the WLSC 2006 Compilation CD when Emily posted it on their tumblr.

I love the "goddamn, goddamn" part on the bridge of this performance of "Pawn Shop Blues". Heartbreaking. I wish she'd kept it.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

i always connect this song to ride, because when she says

"i knew that it takes getting everything you ever wanted, and then loosing it to know what true freedom is"

its almost a reference to loosing things like this that meant alot to her