Sign in to follow this  
Creyk

You Must Love Me

I have a question about the 'You must . . .' lyric. Like, even in the context of Evita. The first time I heard it, I thought it was a command/pleading line - you must love me. You must complete the form correctly. You must not walk behind the yellow line etc etc.

Then I thought it was more likely along the lines of - you must love me after all. 

It sort of gives two different interpretations to the song. The second seems more likely, but the reason why I consider the first one to be valid is because she is constantly questioning the validity of love and in the context of Evita she is literally about to D I E so if it's a request??

3lfQEhw.png

Randomly heard this today. Didn't know it existed. Will have to track it down on vinyl.

You sneaky thing with my old username and the love witch avatar. How they gonna tell us apart now :toofunny:

But really, like it was good for a few days and now it's like it never existed

I love it, def one of my fav covers

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Its mine for 100 days. Should have chosen Kult Leader.

You sneaky thing with my old username and the love witch avatar. How they gonna tell us apart now :toofunny:
But really, like it was good for a few days and now it's like it never existed

Sure, it's  a very simple track, but a lovely one and it needs more love and attention in this fandom!!!!

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

On 5/2/2019 at 2:34 PM, takeitdoen said:

I have a question about the 'You must . . .' lyric. Like, even in the context of Evita. The first time I heard it, I thought it was a command/pleading line - you must love me. You must complete the form correctly. You must not walk behind the yellow line etc etc.

Then I thought it was more likely along the lines of - you must love me after all. 

It sort of gives two different interpretations to the song. The second seems more likely, but the reason why I consider the first one to be valid is because she is constantly questioning the validity of love and in the context of Evita she is literally about to D I E so if it's a request??

I always think it's the latter one but there could always be other interpretations as you mention. In this scene, we see how people surrounding her show their love to her through their care so she's now sure that her husband loves her (or people of her country love her as the song itself has double entendre) . As she's dying, she took this care and love by surprise, we can see it in the following lines:

"Why are you at my side?
How can I be any use to you now?"

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024