Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Anyway....

LDR6 NEEDS TO BE A TRAP ALBUM !!!

tenor.gif

Seriously tho, SB and GL were one the best tracks from l4l. And I can totally see her going into this direction. LDR6 needs to be more urban oriented :defeated:

we don't want features or rent-a-rappers tho.

sis.... no

SB and GL are great songs but she NEEDS to ditch the trap already.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

sis.... no

SB and GL are great songs but she NEEDS to ditch the trap already.

Why not ?

What would she do then ?

Rehash the same BTD formula over and over again ? She can keep it.

Sis needs to change things up a little bit otherwise it would be boring. And trap is honestly not a bad idea idk why y'all mad lol

And to y'all gays complaining about "trap Lana" being too "forced", "commercial" or "trend chasing", she said herself in Blue Jeans that she grew up on hip hop. So why not let her be (as long as she stays authentic and true to her art) ?

Anyway....

LDR6 NEEDS TO BE A TRAP ALBUM !!!

tenor.gif

Seriously tho, SB and GL were one the best tracks from l4l. And I can totally see her going into this direction. LDR6 needs to be more urban oriented :defeated:

not here for features or rent-a-rappers tho.

So you want her to do trap...without trap rappers?

Why not ?

What would she do then ?

Rehash the same BTD formula over and over again ? She can keep it.

Sis needs to change things up a little bit otherwise it would be boring. And trap is honestly not a bad idea idk why y'all mad lol

And to y'all gays complaining about "trap Lana" being too "forced", "commercial" or "trend chasing", she said herself in Blue Jeans that she grew up on hip hop. So why not let her be (as long as she stays authentic and true to her art) ?

She may have grown up on hip-hop, doesn't mean that a trap album isn't trend chasing.

Anyway, I want an album of 13 Beaches, Heroins, and Get Frees. Esp. if they're all personal songs.

giphy.gif

Anyway, I want an album of 13 Beaches, Heroins, and Get Frees. Esp. if they're all personal songs.

Thissssss!!!

I want a spoken word poetry album and a collaboration with Chuck, and an accompying book by Chuck.

Leonard Cohen did.

the point of Burnt Norton has obviously been missed by many here. Yet she persisted and used Burnt Norton in her concerts, yet they still missed the point.

same as "Don't let me be misunderstood" was seemingly also misunderstood too.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Hmmm pls no more trap beats on lanas new record T.T

We all need something as cohesive and beautiful as honeymoon, that kind of production is what comes to my mind when I think of Lana :)

We all need something as cohesive and beautiful as honeymoon, that kind of production is what comes to my mind when I think of Lana :)

Lana said that's the kind of music she listens to so I'm pretty sure we won't be straying far from that type of sound. 

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

We all need something as cohesive and beautiful as Paradise & Ultraviolence, that kind of production is what comes to my mind when I think of Lana :)

FIXED

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

i think we should forget LFL ever happened and hope the next album has no similarities

I think LFL will be better understood with LDR6. It will probably be the «sequel» to LFL, though in a different tone ( Get Free is the perfect cliffhanger song: what happens in her life afterwards that «intense» era that was LFL?).

And if LDR6 isn't LFL's sequel, let's keep in mind that that record gave us perfect Lana songs as well: Love, Cherry, 13 Beaches, Heroin, Get Free. 

(I could add a couple more of perfect Lana songs to that record, like Groupie Love, Change, Tomorrow Never Came, but I know that those aren't unanimously loved lol)

I mean like leaks from the HM album before it came out. Nothing leaked until the urban outfitters party iirc

I wasn't stanning Lana that intensely in the months before HM ( I wasn't reading everything about her and wasn't a member here), so maybe I am completely wrong about what I will say.

But I think nothing leaked from HM because it was very close to UV (15 months), and lana was keeping very quiet at that time with the press and all (we only knew that it would be a «jazz» album, and she talked about the title MTWBT, but I think that's it). I believe many stans were still very hyped about UV that we were not overly obsessed with HM yet, especially since she released three other songs between the two (Big Eyes, I Can Fly and Wait for Life). And let's not forget about her «fast-release» marketing strategy: no press interviews, the single in August, the video a week later, three promo singles and the album a month and a half after the lead single. She was feeding us all the time, so maybe we were not in so much of a rush to have things leaked at that moment.