Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Wait, 13 Beaches and Heroin were originally written for Honeymoon? Is this confirmed?

No, that person just seemed to say so with no facts. Lana said herself they were made in an earlier (darker) time FOR Lust for Life. Heroin, 13 Beaches, Get Free are what she describes as the dark side of LFL. We already know Something Real was done in May 2016 (iirc) from Eclipse, let alone anywhere before Sept 2015.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

she did not rush uv or hm, and wanting to change the tracklist 3 months before the release and after the lead single was out is the definition of rushed/not well planned/mess.

why so yall always believe these twitter rumours :rip:

i don't even have a twitter lmao

UV was recorded in 2 weeks and HM followed immediately after so thats why i consider them rushed. I don't consider LFL rushed because she took so much time with it. she took so much time that the album has like a dozen conflicting genres mixed into it (trap, folk, etc). imagine going from writing Heroin and then ending with writing Coachella, she took too much time and therefore fit too much into the album

she herself said this would be her least cohesive album since in the large span of time she went through many different stages

on the rushed UV and HM thing... 

UV was not rushed at all. She changed the direction of it when meeting Dan Auerbach, but the record was almost completed, only the arrangement kinda changed and songs were left on the cutting room floor, explaining why there are so many songs that got leaked form the UV sessions. 

UV and LFL both share something in common: the direction of them changed when one of their biggest song leaked (Black Beauty and BAR). LFL was intended to have more stripped-down and acoustic songs, songs about being more peaceful (BAR, Yosemite). But the leaks and personal events in her life made her decide not to put those on the record because she was not in that state of mind anymore. So that's when she decided to write more songs, have more collabs and all. So, in a way, LFL was kinda «rushed» too, when it comes to its last songs. 

Lana loves to change things and she composes a lot. She will always put out songs that are true to her and that she will be able to feel after they are out. The only project that stayed pretty much the same from beginning to end is HM. She put it out very quickly and the songs that were left out of it were included on LFL (Heroin, 13 Beaches). 

i consider UV rushed because she recorded it 2 weeks. she herself said that when she wrote Cruel World with Dan (the first song to be recorded) she said she found the sound of the album and then the album was recorded.

she took her time with LFL because she would constantly say "idk if ... is even going to be on the album". even in the end she overthought Yosemite and didn't include it because she took too much time and doubted herself

i don't even have a twitter lmao

UV was recorded in 2 weeks and HM followed immediately after so thats why i consider them rushed. I don't consider LFL rushed because she took so much time with it. she took so much time that the album has like a dozen conflicting genres mixed into it (trap, folk, etc). imagine going from writing Heroin and then ending with writing Coachella, she took too much time and therefore fit too much into the album

she herself said this would be her least cohesive album since in the large span of time she went through many different stages

rushed does not mean recording everything within a short time period, she didn't write all songs within those two weeks in the first place, there were pretty much existing songs already.

just as much as working on something for long won't make lfl less rushed. the fact that lfl was rushed is because she was still hitting up the studio, writing songs, recording songs etc. when she already had some sort of deadline and when she already launched the whole project months before?

i'm pretty sure she'd manage to make the album sound cohesive if she wanted to, she did it with uv when she rearranged some songs and she did it with btd which is comprised of songs written within a longer timespan than lfl.

i76mrxw.png 

rushed does not mean recording everything within a short time period, she didn't write all songs within those two weeks in the first place, they were pretty much existing songs already.

just as much as working on something for long won't make lfl less rushed. the fact that lfl was rushed is because she was still hitting up the studio, writing songs, recording songs etc. when she already had some sort of deadline and when she already launched the whole project months before? 

she herself said she literally found the sound of the album with Cruel World which was the first song written and recorded for the album (her words not mine). then they followed the sound they found with CW and recorded the rest.

by your logic LFL wasn't rushed either since 3 tracks off of LFL were originally for HM.

she herself said she literally found the sound of the album with Cruel World which was the first song written and recorded for the album (her words not mine). then they followed the sound they found with CW and recorded the rest.

by your logic LFL wasn't rushed either since 3 tracks off of LFL were originally for HM.

Which ones?

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Wait, 13 Beaches and Heroin were originally written for Honeymoon? Is this confirmed?

I don't know about 13 beaches but I'm pretty sure Heroin was written for LFL 

No, that person just seemed to say so with no facts. Lana said herself they were made in an earlier (darker) time FOR Lust for Life. Heroin, 13 Beaches, Get Free are what she describes as the dark side of LFL. We already know Something Real was done in May 2016 (iirc) from Eclipse, let alone anywhere before Sept 2015.

My bad, I will specify a bit more  about Heroin and 13 Beaches being written just after HM... And I have no facts from an insider or whatsoever, I just took Lana's words over interviews and drew my conclusions. 

When Hm came out, she was still recording the following weeks, and that those songs could be on the next record (I 'd have to check which interview that was though). In December, in her Billboard interview, she said that she began writing LFL with the darker songs (Heroin, 13 Beaches and Get Free). My possible mistake must have been to think that those songs were the ones recorded just after HM was out, but it could also be other songs we don't know about. But Heroin, to me, has the kind of minimal production from HM. 

i hope ldr6 only has 2 songs, no deluxe, no album art, no songs if she feels like it tbh. i just wanna enjoy the art that lana puts out 

wut?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Heroin was definetly written in the beginning of 2016...''life rocked me like Motley, bad beginning to my new year'' and by the time 2016 came, Lana was already working on LFL 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

A couple of you guys mentioned that it would be cool to have documentaries about the creative process of her albums... It sure would bring us much info about how she works. Two things are for sure: she has to have an idea of the concept and the «story» she wants to tell right from the beginning and the songs included tend to change a lot. Other than that, it is speculation, I believe. 
even the recording sessions over time for each record are a bit blurry. 

ldr6 will be her best, i feel it

THANK YOU. the other day i said the same, i can feel it in my heart that this will be the album that wins a grammy. i feel like it's going to be super personal.

giphy.gif

i consider UV rushed because she recorded it 2 weeks. she herself said that when she wrote Cruel World with Dan (the first song to be recorded) she said she found the sound of the album and then the album was recorded.

she took her time with LFL because she would constantly say "idk if ... is even going to be on the album". even in the end she overthought Yosemite and didn't include it because she took too much time and doubted herself

The other problem we had with LFL was that she thought she was done a couple of times, but went back at it. Her stategy to reveal a track's title over each interview she gave for that record was a good one (I mean, it kept us on the edge of reading everything), but while still recording? Not such a good idea (though I understand she thought she would be done by the time she began the interviews and photo shoots probably). She mentioned fucking Yosemite at least in two interviews, the one for Les InRocks being the worst since she spoke a great deal of praise for the track. 

i hope ldr6 only has 2 songs, no deluxe, no album art, no songs if she feels like it tbh. i just wanna enjoy the art that lana puts out 

Yeah, right. She'll give you Coachella pt. 2 and 3. That's pure art.  :godlaugh:

If you care about animals, please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8

Heroin was definetly written in the beginning of 2016...''life rocked me like Motley, bad beginning to my new year'' and by the time 2016 came, Lana was already working on LFL 

Heroin is about her ex Rob who died from a heroin overdose at the end of 2011, so the new year she's talking about is 2012

lSvsQ6j.png

more about it here http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/1088-lana-and-shiny-toy-guns/?p=597654

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

Honestly I just want more studio/ live recorded performances of her music/ covers. Whatever happened to the footage from the Hollywood Forever cemetery show? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shJpFAWzXgg

I love how everyone else sings with her, it makes things more comfortable for her, but most of the time, I'd rather not hear the other peeps sing, ya know? 

UV/Honeymoon