Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I love how lust for life put on some pretty good tracks like almost every song at the end of the record (and more like 13 beaches or when the world was at war) I just think it could be even better if:

1- it has less songs ,imho some tracks don’t do anything good in this record, see white mustang with that bland lyrics (literally one of the worst Lana ever made for me, so childish T.T) or Coachella aka the hated one or even summer bummer (I just don’t like the concept, the lyrics, the genre or the dudes she’s collaborating with so I don’t really know if it’s good or nah, I just don’t like it)

2- the production is just not the best in some cases, like lanz get out of that trap beats pls, it makes ur music sounds generic :/ (not even goes well with her voice for me) - some examples for this in my opinion are again Coachella, in my feelings or even one of her best cherry.

After one year, this is what I think when I play this albooom :)

Now we’ll have to wait for the next guys !! Praying for my dream pop/ jazzy Lana (I know this is honeymoon already xD)

Wait for the next album then everyone will say LFL is a masterpiece just like what they did to honeymoon

I'm proud to say I was one of the few who always loved Honeymoon, even during those dark ages when everyone seemed to hate it. I really don't see people changing their opinion on Lust for Life later. It is not on the same level as the others. Production level is lower and is too commercial to be considered a masterpiece.

If you care about animals, please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8

What album cover do ya'll want for LDR6? I really hope she goes back to the original Lana font she used for BTD. And I hope she keeps the car theme but it would be interesting if she changed it up a bit. Color wise I'm not sure what she'd go for. Hopefully some purple and blue.

I'd honestly wouldn't be surprised if the next cover didn't even have her on it, or if she was on a helicopter. 

For the album cover, I'd want something more simplistic, nature oriented somehow. Vibes like these:

MI0002368607.jpg?partner=allrovi.com 

Carole+King+Thoroughbred-380417.jpg 

I like this particular idea of her lounging on a tree, not in black in white: lana-del-rey-elle-uk-magazine-june-2017-

I'd actually gotten a lot more ideas looking at pictures, and imagine something out there, like an underwater album cover. A candid of her dancing. A beautiful face shot with flowers in her hair and her very own iconic makeup look. Maybe have her reflection show, how someone might take a photo of someone inside from a window, while the scenery's still projected on the glass. 

A movie poster feel/aesthetic would be beautiful too. 

fa725d2b8c563b5bc3b62bd7b41e21b2.jpg

Imagine a moving album cover though, one angle has one photo, the other has a variation of it. Think of the luster.

I think this might be the easiest to do, the look of the beach, and her just contemplating, in color:

a1645b9c92eb9a55ca5f2ff7bc7e19de.jpg

UV/Honeymoon

I love how lust for life put on some pretty good tracks like almost every song at the end of the record (and more like 13 beaches or when the world was at war) I just think it could be even better if:

1- it has less songs ,imho some tracks don’t do anything good in this record, see white mustang with that bland lyrics (literally one of the worst Lana ever made for me, so childish T.T) or Coachella aka the hated one or even summer bummer (I just don’t like the concept, the lyrics, the genre or the dudes she’s collaborating with so I don’t really know if it’s good or nah, I just don’t like it)

2- the production is just not the best in some cases, like lanz get out of that trap beats pls, it makes ur music sounds generic :/ (not even goes well with her voice for me) - some examples for this in my opinion are again Coachella, in my feelings or even one of her best cherry.

After one year, this is what I think when I play this albooom :)

Now we’ll have to wait for the next guys !! Praying for my dream pop/ jazzy Lana (I know this is honeymoon already xD)

I'm sorry but "less songs"? Really? Everyone is always freaking out about album outtakes, going crazy about why she didn't put THAT song on there that you feel is a masterpiece and would have deserved to make the cut. Like, why would you be complaining about an album consisting of 16 new Lana songs. You can just skip "childish" White Mustang if you don't like it. I don't see the problem, honestly. 

Lust for Life is actually my most-played Lana album. I don't know what it is, it just feels really organic to me. I'm a little protective of it. That doesn't mean it's my favourite album of hers, I actually can't even decide which one is my favourite. But I don't get all the LfL bashing... 

you know.. she could always do a 12 track album for the critics and then give us some additional tracks on the deluxe but we know her fans hate getting extra tracks unless they leak just in time to sabotage the whole album campaign so..

photo-3987.jpg

i76mrxw.png 

I'm sorry but "less songs"? Really? Everyone is always freaking out about album outtakes, going crazy about why she didn't put THAT song on there that you feel is a masterpiece and would have deserved to make the cut. Like, why would you be complaining about an album consisting of 16 new Lana songs. You can just skip "childish" White Mustang if you don't like it. I don't see the problem, honestly.

Lust for Life is actually my most-played Lana album. I don't know what it is, it just feels really organic to me. I'm a little protective of it. That doesn't mean it's my favourite album of hers, I actually can't even decide which one is my favourite. But I don't get all the LfL bashing...

Yeah, I get how some people like that tracks, but in my opinion, that makes lust for life as an album less good :/ , for example, I love listening to Ultraviolence (not deluxe) or honeymoon as a whole, from the begging till the end, it actually depends on the day, with lust for life it’s different, I usually listen to it by parts- like from love to cherry, or from WTWWAW till the end... and that’s actually why I don’t like LFL as a whole as much as the others, I understand how some poeple can see this work cohesive though, I just don’t see it XD

Like we said in Spain “pa gustos, colores” :D is interesting to see how we all can have different point of views :)

Pd: I’m not bashing LFL (maybe white mustang a bit xd) jokes aside, This album gave me a lot of good moments, I’m just pointing out what makes this less strong in my opinion.

About the deluxe editions of her albums, hasn’t she said in the last that she didn’t like those, that she felt that they were more of a marketing thing for the record company?

LFL is a very long record, making it harder to listen to it from cover to cover (you have to have a lot of time lol). But it is an album where she reflects on her past and where she realizes that change is happening in her present. It is very diverse indeed (she took everything we loved about her and put it in one album), while still offering new perspectives. I love that record. Maybe not as much as UV and HM, but it is a solid one. And I will repeat it once more: you have to let it sink in, and listen to it from cover to cover in order to “get the story” she tells on it.

Sincere question. Do you think Lana ever thinks about the changing circumstances that encompass love? We know how she's always thinking about the past, wanting to live in a different decade. So how does that imagery hold up when you're thrust into the present, how things are now?

I think there's a certain romance with timelessness, and it must be bittersweet how things just things feel so sleek, and crisp in your eyes these days, and how the daylight, the light kind of captures the frightening simplicity of it, and you realize that once the moments over, it's just as beautiful like how your hair dies as soon as it stems from your head. 

Polaroids, film. Maybe it's just vanity and romanticizing like a defense mechanism, and the past sweetening it, but wouldn't that make you sad? Something in the past, that still seems as if it were only taken yesterday, veils off.

Does that make sense, do you think she thinks of that?

Interesting point of view. 

I always felt she was in the present, though. She reflects on her past, told that story with vintage elements, in order to move on? A way of not regretting past moments of your life is to own them, I believe? She always had that bittersweetness in her, that melancholy, but I don't feel that it cripples her in the past. She lives in the present very much, enjoys her life, lives it to the fullest, so she doesn't regret it. 

All of her work is a big reflection on happiness, on how to grasp it. She loves to intensely feel everything, whether it is love, or fame, or drugs and alcohol, or even work. The urge for happiness and life itself is there, in her, all the time, at every moment of her life (LFL, the song, is a reflection of that). But as she gets older, she realizes she has a darker side that cannot «win» all the time, and she realizes that life is fragile, that happiness can come calm from a softer place. The snippet of HIaB perfectly embodies that. and maybe this is getting older and «wiser». Even the way she told love stories on LFL changed: she reflects on love itself, on what she wants (I've been dying for something real / my cherries and wine, rosemary and thyme and all fo my black beaches are ruined)

I don't know if I make any sense, and I am not sure at all that LDR6 will go in that direction. 

LFL is a solid album.

Now go stream so sad so sexy by Lykke Li. url-2.jpeg

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Lana on working on BTD during UV era: (since half of yall think she hates that record for some reason).

"So I got signed on great terms because the discussions we were having were that it was always going to be my way. I liked coming from this DIY place where if I had a single that they really felt like they wanted to put money behind or promote—I liked knowing it was an option that I could make my own video at home for it, like I did with “Video Games.” Eventually I tired of that, graduated to working with other people. But in that way I was in a really good place after the record was done with its cycle." 

Lana on the deluxe tracks on UV, yes only UV:

"I think the label was half-and-half on this record [ultraviolence] because there were a lot of jazz undertones and West Coast references. I think they were happy that I was happy with it and that I made it. I don’t think they felt like there were singles that could work at radio. ......[And I kind of felt that, because I have such a good relationship with Jimmy and Ferdy. I’ve been working, “working” [makes air quotes], singing, for years. So the people I’m closest with are like my product manager and the video commissioner, because they’re really good girls. The A&R guys—Larry Jackson and John, if I go out at night I probably go out with them.]...... We’re pretty flexible with each other, but it always come down to differences. For example, the bonus tracks on this record [this is about UV] I didn’t feel like had any relation to the atmosphere of the record itself. I think iTunes was like, “You would have trouble promoting a record if it didn’t have a deluxe edition,” so, there’s stuff like that."

I can't find the interview she talked about without you as an album closer but yeah nevermind the quote is still very different from what people on here constantly say and considering that she seems to like performing BTD bonus tracks i'm pretty sure she's alright with them and the concept as long as it makes sense. (Well it would have made sense on lfl because that record is suuuper long but well yeah.)

i76mrxw.png 

I'm proud to say I was one of the few who always loved Honeymoon, even during those dark ages when everyone seemed to hate it. I really don't see people changing their opinion on Lust for Life later. It is not on the same level as the others. Production level is lower and is too commercial to be considered a masterpiece.

This, LFL is just a shit album compared to all her past releases, it isn't just gonna magically turn into a masterpiece when she releases her next project this sentiment is so tired

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

you know.. she could always do a 12 track album for the critics and then give us some additional tracks on the deluxe but we know her fans hate getting extra tracks unless they leak just in time to sabotage the whole album campaign so..

photo-3987.jpg

"...You fuckin' didn't"

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

the only difference is honeymoon is an actual masterpiece

RT!

for real I love Lana but LFL is not her at her best. Weaker writing for the most part and literally just b a d or unfinished-sounding production across a lot of the album. It just feels so all over the place and lazy. In saying that, this album did bless us with the heavenly Heroin, Change and Get Free, that cute sultry verse in summer bummer, groupie love (underrated legend), 13 beaches & white mustang. However using WM for the BAR footage was also such a poor decision. It's honestly such a gorgeous MV and yet so lacklustre and awkward to WM.

All the songs I didn't mention as icons all have cringy moments/writing, weak production and the collabs that aren't w Rocky flop hard except for like, sometimes I can bare w stevies vocals

whereas honeymoon is hands down practically flawless, a few awkward moments or artistic choices but all around just a gorgeous album that takes you to another world

finally,

leak tnc demo x, drop Rick knowels, go make gorgeous music w Auerbach, Heath, Ronson, Haynie, Tame Impala, literally anyone except Rick. Sure he can produce some good sonic ideas but truthfully how could he let LFL release sounding so unfinished

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Her sat in an old graveyard next to an upside down cross, wearing a silk black gown exposing her breasts and a creepy looking pendant around her neck - with the church to be seen in the background, and for a grainy distorted effect on the image. Colour wise, i would like black and red and a bit of grey

I'm here for it tbh

RT!

for real I love Lana but LFL is not her at her best. Weaker writing for the most part and literally just b a d or unfinished-sounding production across a lot of the album. It just feels so all over the place and lazy. In saying that, this album did bless us with the heavenly Heroin, Change and Get Free, that cute sultry verse in summer bummer, groupie love (underrated legend), 13 beaches & white mustang. However using WM for the BAR footage was also such a poor decision. It's honestly such a gorgeous MV and yet so lacklustre and awkward to WM.

All the songs I didn't mention as icons all have cringy moments/writing, weak production and the collabs that aren't w Rocky flop hard except for like, sometimes I can bare w stevies vocals

whereas honeymoon is hands down practically flawless, a few awkward moments or artistic choices but all around just a gorgeous album that takes you to another world

finally,

leak tnc demo x, drop Rick knowels, go make gorgeous music w Auerbach, Heath, Ronson, Haynie, Tame Impala, literally anyone except Rick. Sure he can produce some good sonic ideas but truthfully how could he let LFL release sounding so unfinished

We need Dan and Dan to take over. I am severely upset that Dan Heath has never been used to his full potential in Lana's music. He makes the best moments from every song he does. He could make every song a flawless masterpiece

Interesting point of view. 

I always felt she was in the present, though. She reflects on her past, told that story with vintage elements, in order to move on? A way of not regretting past moments of your life is to own them, I believe? She always had that bittersweetness in her, that melancholy, but I don't feel that it cripples her in the past. She lives in the present very much, enjoys her life, lives it to the fullest, so she doesn't regret it. 

All of her work is a big reflection on happiness, on how to grasp it. She loves to intensely feel everything, whether it is love, or fame, or drugs and alcohol, or even work. The urge for happiness and life itself is there, in her, all the time, at every moment of her life (LFL, the song, is a reflection of that). But as she gets older, she realizes she has a darker side that cannot «win» all the time, and she realizes that life is fragile, that happiness can come calm from a softer place. The snippet of HIaB perfectly embodies that. and maybe this is getting older and «wiser». Even the way she told love stories on LFL changed: she reflects on love itself, on what she wants (I've been dying for something real / my cherries and wine, rosemary and thyme and all fo my black beaches are ruined)

I don't know if I make any sense, and I am not sure at all that LDR6 will go in that direction. 

Thnx, undoubtedly of course. Everything she's done now is in the (recent) past, and I wasn't really talking about her reacting to it, that's easy since it's right there in front of you, but how she'd respond to it. She's always been in her own world that's she's made for herself, even thru Lfl where she tries stepping out, but still, you can sense that she clings to the imagery reminiscent of some sort of the past, Coachella, the Carpenter's feel of the album cover etc. The album feels like the concepts of moving out of her comfort zone thru the album are still fresh and experimental (hence the lack of perceived/or not cohesiveness of it). 

I think it's great how's she's progressing thru life, lines from Groupie Love and so on, moving more towards her dreams and being able to change them. Oh! I guess all the questions might've seemed like I was interrogating, but I think mostly I just wanted to know how she reflects on the times gone by, and of time itself as a concept. That in the fact that she's actually stepping out and being more present with her work, I wonder how she'll sort of transfigure what she does, and how much. What'll she choose to encapture, and through which lens of time? Will it be anecdotal, or will it be more of a contemplative message to the future? 

How do you think the reflection of the glory days of the past slowly fading away inspire her? That sort of thing. . . . and honestly, we know literally nothing about the next album. HiaB is up in the air with most things. What's her next step, will it be more introspective, like Honeymoon, or more of a collective, like BtD or Lfl. 

I know she thinks of time in correspondence to youth and life being spent, bc of some songs, like Young and Beautiful/ Get Free, even Wait For Life, but what happens when you're ready to emerge out from your shell. Perhaps thru a track/subtheme of time. Which parts of you stay true within you, and which are you willing to barter and meld with away? Bc basically Lfl's been a gate, and we wanna know where's she going, or been through the next one. 

Anyone can just post a pic of the Hero's Journey on here as a quick-wit reply, but what about the nuances? Is she going to talk about more about children, will she talk more about the strengths of love that lend itself to people, what kind of imagery will she use? 

I know I trailed off at some point of this, but I guess what I was trying to eloquize was that how would she move forward, knowing how present Lfl aspires to be, more specifically, would there be a song or two that touches on it, and through which vein of circumstances. Would it be delicate, fragile, or more of an emergence? Would she be alone, or singing about/with others, and so on

I rambled, I'm sorry, all we've to cling to practically is her tour schedule, and the fact that she likes to write. Maybe the circumstances from who she is too, and where she might be in life, but that's it. 

UV/Honeymoon

I personally feel had Lana not scrapped Roses Bloom For You, Yosemite, Best American Record, & the 4 political tracks it would've been more cohesive. Although the record would've been insanely long at 23 songs. Yet, I feel it definitely would've given it a breathe of fresh air. Besides that, I feel she could've spent more time on production! Some songs are a bit rough in my opinion. In My Feelings though good needs Windex on it's face.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif