Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

This speculation has practically gone on all year, i really dont think there's anything else left for us to say anymore lmaooooo.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Thnx, undoubtedly of course. Everything she's done now is in the (recent) past, and I wasn't really talking about her reacting to it, that's easy since it's right there in front of you, but how she'd respond to it. She's always been in her own world that's she's made for herself, even thru Lfl where she tries stepping out, but still, you can sense that she clings to the imagery reminiscent of some sort of the past, Coachella, the Carpenter's feel of the album cover etc. The album feels like the concepts of moving out of her comfort zone thru the album are still fresh and experimental (hence the lack of perceived/or not cohesiveness of it). 

I think it's great how's she's progressing thru life, lines from Groupie Love and so on, moving more towards her dreams and being able to change them. Oh! I guess all the questions might've seemed like I was interrogating, but I think mostly I just wanted to know how she reflects on the times gone by, and of time itself as a concept. That in the fact that she's actually stepping out and being more present with her work, I wonder how she'll sort of transfigure what she does, and how much. What'll she choose to encapture, and through which lens of time? Will it be anecdotal, or will it be more of a contemplative message to the future? 

How do you think the reflection of the glory days of the past slowly fading away inspire her? That sort of thing. . . . and honestly, we know literally nothing about the next album. HiaB is up in the air with most things. What's her next step, will it be more introspective, like Honeymoon, or more of a collective, like BtD or Lfl. 

I know she thinks of time in correspondence to youth and life being spent, bc of some songs, like Young and Beautiful/ Get Free, even Wait For Life, but what happens when you're ready to emerge out from your shell. Perhaps thru a track/subtheme of time. Which parts of you stay true within you, and which are you willing to barter and meld with away? Bc basically Lfl's been a gate, and we wanna know where's she going, or been through the next one. 

Anyone can just post a pic of the Hero's Journey on here as a quick-wit reply, but what about the nuances? Is she going to talk about more about children, will she talk more about the strengths of love that lend itself to people, what kind of imagery will she use? 

I know I trailed off at some point of this, but I guess what I was trying to eloquize was that how would she move forward, knowing how present Lfl aspires to be, more specifically, would there be a song or two that touches on it, and through which vein of circumstances. Would it be delicate, fragile, or more of an emergence? Would she be alone, or singing about/with others, and so on

I rambled, I'm sorry, all we've to cling to practically is her tour schedule, and the fact that she likes to write. Maybe the circumstances from who she is too, and where she might be in life, but that's it. 

You have a very interesting point of view on this. I agree that LFL was a gate, and I am very curious about what's on the other end of that gate. It looks as though as if we have finally arrived at the «present tense» of her story, the era she currently lives in, and I don't know what the themes of her music will be, especially since she gave us little to none informations of her whereabouts and how she spends her days (not that I am complaining: I prefer silence over endless teasing of selfies in the studio that make me all on the edge of hoping something is about to come out very soon). 

You have a very interesting point of view on this. I agree that LFL was a gate, and I am very curious about what's on the other end of that gate. It looks as though as if we have finally arrived at the «present tense» of her story, the era she currently lives in, and I don't know what the themes of her music will be, especially since she gave us little to none informations of her whereabouts and how she spends her days (not that I am complaining: I prefer silence over endless teasing of selfies in the studio that make me all on the edge of hoping something is about to come out very soon). 

I think so too, hopefully. That or something more towards shaping the future. and even if this blackout's exposure free pitched, I'm actually kinda glad that she's not communicating so much this time around. Either she's taking time for herself during, or better that she's keeping her content tight-sealed, leak free. I love how we got to listen to Love early, but no doubt it traversed how promotion went and the album's direction too. Downside is that nothing ever gets released, but I'm pretty sure we've a catalog of her unreleased tracks to sift by til someone with the right resolve gets her involved with another project. We know nothing, like it's unsettling, but what can we do but listen to what's already out there. Sad but true  :krylie:  

UV/Honeymoon

It’s very safe to say that this thread was started WAAAAAAAAAAAY too early.

That's because Lana teased a song supposedly for the new album WAAAAAAY to early 

T

Happiness is a Butterfly which was a caterpillar to a pupa it's a chrysalis now. Happiness is (currently) a Pupa

CgsTDyR.gif

This made me laugh so much, lol 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

just imagine of what we could've gotten/could have

tenor.gif?itemid=4901834

-----

oRIrJ4N.jpg

qQ4yzWd.png

QRrsZ3i.png

rBIAaSG.png

IVVAlLG.png

4Elv3ct.png

RT!

for real I love Lana but LFL is not her at her best. Weaker writing for the most part and literally just b a d or unfinished-sounding production across a lot of the album. It just feels so all over the place and lazy. In saying that, this album did bless us with the heavenly Heroin, Change and Get Free, that cute sultry verse in summer bummer, groupie love (underrated legend), 13 beaches & white mustang. However using WM for the BAR footage was also such a poor decision. It's honestly such a gorgeous MV and yet so lacklustre and awkward to WM.

All the songs I didn't mention as icons all have cringy moments/writing, weak production and the collabs that aren't w Rocky flop hard except for like, sometimes I can bare w stevies vocals

whereas honeymoon is hands down practically flawless, a few awkward moments or artistic choices but all around just a gorgeous album that takes you to another world

finally,

leak tnc demo x, drop Rick Nowels, go make gorgeous music w Auerbach, Heath, Ronson, Haynie, Tame Impala, literally anyone except Rick. Sure he can produce some good sonic ideas but truthfully how could he let LFL release sounding so unfinished

I totally agree with you that she should get out of her comfort zone and work with more different people again. However, I'm preeetty sure the problem is not Rick, but actually Lana herself. Lust For Life sounds the way it does because that's what Lana wanted it to sound like. Let's not forget that she actually co-produced every single song except Summer Bummer. You can't blame Rick for every bad decision Lana makes.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

lmao how can you say honeymoon is perfection and flawless and then try blaming rick for lfl

well nvmd lfl should have been the rick, emile, max martin infused and benny flavoured bop album that love and lfl made it seem to be at the beginning.

i76mrxw.png 

I need Lana to have her 7 track album that has an intro like Cruel World and a closer like This is What Makes Us Girls  

why tho? more songs is always better

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I need Lana to have her 24 track double album that has an intro like Cruel World and a closer like This is What Makes Us Girls

Saaaame

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You