Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Ew, somebody had the audacity of calling Freak her worst song?? 

giphy.gif

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

uh I think the fuck not you trick ass bitch

definitely not when we have playboi whoever sneezing on Summer Bummer

Mama, you know I love you and you're a taste legend, but girl pls chill. :oprah3:

Also, I don't think SB is her worst collab, it's such a bop.  :creep:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Technically speaking Freak was the one alongside HBTB that her label told her to release/write in exchange for that jazzy album that they figured wouldn't sell well so she'd go for trap-ish singles and she confirmed that with HBTB and I'm not sure about Freak I'm just guessing

Either way you're giving her a hard time for songs that were purely for commercial purposes and yet still are amazing to fans

They didn't sell very well as singles but who are we to blame :hooker:

Too bad she's in that trap mindset now probably because of that but that's a whole another story

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Not related to LDR6, but while we are on the topic of collabs, I might as well add my two cents, though I know it will be very unpopular.

​I thought the collabs added an extra layer to most of the songs. LFL could have been a solo song, but I love how her voice blends with Abel's. The collab on Groupie Love adds a nice touch before the final chorus. Summer Bummer could have been without the Carti guy, but i love ASAP's part. Tomorrow Never Came and BpBP would have been a bit blah without the collabs, I think. The melody on BPBP is so subtle that it needed a little boost to be good (and that one is definitely a grower). Tomorrow never Came has a nice melody, and Sean's voice, very similar to John, gives it a nice vintage touch.

If we learned anything from the LFL it's that Lana does not need collabs. Her solo songs are all 10000% times better (most of the time)

While I understand some wanting their LDR pure and uncut, I do think you're missing the point if you're not comparing her features to other artists' features. How well do her features do against other artists you happen to like and that have features? To my mind she did really well. Her choice was really diverse, ranging from superstars>she (who are nevertheless in her personal/professional history), to old-guard icons, to (important) rapper friends (i.e., how can one forget the National Anthem video?), to a talented indie artist (with a huge connection to the old guard). She got Stevie through Rick, most probably, but the others were by her initiative or personal history. The only thing unfortunate about the Lust for Life song is that we don't get the original version (which Rick at least likes). It would be nice to get that as a single (maybe with the Weeknd and LDR having separately-sung versions, as an interesting flip on the re-mix idea).

While I understand some wanting their LDR pure and uncut, I do think you're missing the point if you're not comparing her features to other artists' features. How well do her features do against other artists you happen to like and that have features? To my mind she did really well. Her choice was really diverse, ranging from superstars>she (who are nevertheless in her personal/professional history), to old-guard icons, to (important) rapper friends (i.e., how can one forget the National Anthem video?), to a talented indie artist (with a huge connection to the old guard). She got Stevie through Rick, most probably, but the others were by her initiative or personal history. The only thing unfortunate about the Lust for Life song is that we don't get the original version (which Rick at least likes). It would be nice to get that as a single (maybe with the Weeknd and LDR having separately-sung versions, as an interesting flip on the re-mix idea).

LFL, SB, GL and BPBP were all just meh. TNC is the only collab that really stands out. She clearly just shouldn't go out of her way to make a song a collab. 

why is she wasting her time interviewing boring irrelevants 

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

For two kindred spirits, a Del Rey/Jenner collaboration seems only natural. Could a music video be on the horizon? “I don’t think that’s up to me!” Jenner says, laughing. Del Rey says it’s most likely. “I’m sure we’ll do something at some point. It might not even be a video. We have so many mutual friends. It could be something avant-garde, like a little art project.” Jenner points out that this conversation counts as something. 

Uhh...How about a big fat NO to all this smh   :crossed: 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Lana literally said watch out for new music, so something must be coming soon

Also Chuck teasing (obviously purposely) a new lana song in the background is another hint that a new project is already in the works, and we know Lana likes to release music as soon as possible once she's finished

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Also Chuck teasing (obviously purposely) a new lana song in the background is another hint that a new project is already in the works, and we know Lana likes to release music as soon as possible once she's finished

oh chuck DEF KNOWS 

e1s11.gif

For two kindred spirits, a Del Rey/Jenner collaboration seems only natural. Could a music video be on the horizon? “I don’t think that’s up to me!” Jenner says, laughing. Del Rey says it’s most likely. “I’m sure we’ll do something at some point. It might not even be a video. We have so many mutual friends. It could be something avant-garde, like a little art project.” Jenner points out that this conversation counts as something. 

Uhh...How about a big fat NO to all this smh   :crossed: 

She can keep it!

Unless it's on par with her little vogue video at the MET gala then I'll be intrigued. Otherwise, keep it!

nF70D0F.png

She can keep it, boring AF, I wish she stopped working with Rick & work with actually interesting producers...

I don't want an acoustic & boring LP  :facepalm:  :toofunny:

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif