Elle

Blue Banisters (f.k.a Rock Candy Sweet) - Pre-Release Thread: OUT JULY 4TH

3 minutes ago, annedelrey said:

100% agree, but it thinks its not possible 3 albums in a row with a similar style.

idk, cocc seems like its hated by the fandom and it still made the biggest numbers in years so im scared they will think we will eat up everything she records :raven:

Just now, Lustformoney said:

idk, cocc seems like its hated by the fandom and it still made the biggest numbers in years so im scared they will think we will eat up everything she records :raven:

Cocc is only hated by the children in the fandom. 

4 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

How do Chemtrails numbers compare to years past? I thought someone here said that NFR did better in the first week than Chemtrails or something like that...

giphy.gif

i think this album will be a rural-influenced rock record with a moody & bluesy influence, like sad girl, thunder, flipside, queen of the gas station, etc. maybe with a folk influence as well... and i know i'm going to enjoy it :nails: she's not great at describing her music so if it's a "country album" it'll probably have the same moody, dark, bluesy sound of "breaking up slowly" but hopefully without a featured artist :oopna:

Brite lites 💫 discovered by Benedetta on We Heart It

LFL is the last album with some insane tracks that are upbeat, sexy, and have major pop influences. Since then we've been able to experience Lana in a more raw setting, but I think it's time to hang it up and move on to a different soundscape. She's dabbled in many genres and moods but I want some type of grand-esque type shit. NFR and COCC are definitely career highlights but if one more album is Jack produced I know for sure we would all be asleep by that point.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

i’m tired of the 15 year olds in this fandom there’s just way too many of them :wtf3:

Normally I’m not one to say things like this because I believe everyone is valid as a fan, but I really dislike how so many of these types of people (usually on Twitter) dismiss some of the music by saying “FLOP TILL WE DIE IS BORING AJSJNSJDHAH *insert random female artist* OUTSOLD” and it makes me wince. That’s so disrespectful to the art. You don’t have to love every single song but people don’t have to be immature about it lol! That’s why I’m happy that Lana will continue to go deeper with the music and not cater to the parts of her fanbase that will not even try to appreciate it/understand it - regardless of age (although it is mostly 15 year olds).

i'll take literally anything over country at this point :bebe:

but i think the titles represent the sound of each album very well in a way i can't explain but rock candy sweet doesn't give me country, maybe jazz

Why are u manifesting a hip hop album when 90% of u are LFL haters? Where’s the cohesion? :wtf3: AMERICA EXPLAIN 

(this is my last hip hop hate post I swear don’t hate me)

t8OGPTM.gif

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

Normally I’m not one to say things like this because I believe everyone is valid as a fan, but I really dislike how so many of these types of people (usually on Twitter) dismiss some of the music by saying “FLOP TILL WE DIE IS BORING AJSJNSJDHAH *insert random female artist* OUTSOLD” and it makes me wince. That’s so disrespectful to the art. You don’t have to love every single song but people don’t have to be immature about it lol! That’s why I’m happy that Lana will continue to go deeper with the music and not cater to the parts of her fanbase that don’t appreciate it/understand it - regardless of age (although it is mostly 15 year olds).

I mean, Lana's in her mid 30's, the teenagers don't get that BTD came out a decade ago. I'm not saying they can't relate to Chemtrails. But Chemtrails is literally an album about Lana understanding that she is no longer in her early youth days. Teenagers can rant, but they simply won't fully understand the material until later in life.

:makeup:"Stay away from the Beauty stealers"-Lana Del Rey:makeup:

7 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

How do Chemtrails numbers compare to years past? I thought someone here said that NFR did better in the first week than Chemtrails or something like that...

it somehow has the best first week sales since ultraviolence and its the best selling vinyl album of the century in the UK

i can totally see this album being similar to thunder and california in terms of sound, which i wouldn't mind. i can see RCS having songs somewhat similar to AKA too (specifically oh say can you see, pawn shop blues, and for k pt 2.). 

EbUZN8Y.jpeg