Elle

Blue Banisters (f.k.a Rock Candy Sweet) - Pre-Release Thread: OUT JULY 4TH

i mean the video he directed isn't bad in the sense that i really feel terrified and confused and disturbed watching it which i think was the point....... :awkney: 

but yeah not needing any charlie participation in this album. chunk is welcome, sorry charlie i'm sure you're great

tumblr_nqsll3Core1rk2e30o9_400.gifv tumblr_nqr63dYZTZ1rk2e30o9_400.gifv tumblr_nqr63dYZTZ1rk2e30o3_400.gifv

3 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

a track. a track mixed w LMLYLAW, FIILY The Greatest. VENICE BITCH? WHITE DRESS? w a touch of Ride???? zt012U8.gif

fuck it let me love you like I’m facing the greatest little venice bitch at the men in music business conference where I just ride.....

“YOUR NAME IS SUN CHILD!!!! BYE.... your real name probably maylee and i just know you look like a cabbage patch doll..white pasty boring straight tennessee fat bitch. GET A GRIP” - Jesus

32 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

i mean the video he directed isn't bad in the sense that i really feel terrified and confused and disturbed watching it which i think was the point....... :awkney: 

but yeah not needing any charlie participation in this album. chunk is welcome, sorry charlie i'm sure you're great

hopefully she'll be too busy with the kid :prettyhurts:

I think Lana can do a simple music video beautifully - ultraviolence, honeymoon and even FILY/The Greatest to some extent are examples of that (as well as her lizzy grant era and 2011 homemade videos). I do, of course, like a fully produced video, though. I'd love it if she worked with BRTHR again, chemtrails is one of my favorite Lana videos to date. Something that'd also be nice to have again would be a video monologue - the ones she did were always so beautiful

EbUZN8Y.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

fuck it let me love you like I’m facing the greatest little venice bitch at the men in music business conference where I just ride.....

my ears just c*me S8m6p4u.gif

RSfvosC.gif  tenor.gifwhat-is-this-confused.gif

I attempted a mockup of a cover for RCS. I know it's not the most original but I wanted to incorporate a closeup since it looked so good on the Honeymoon UO LP but also have a border to give it a more polished look (I know some weren't fans of the LFL cover because of this) while keeping it modern with Lana's new name logo. Also, I'm no expert so in the words of Lana: "if you judge me, I'll kill you."

mockup.jpg

25 minutes ago, TrueLoveOnTheSide said:

I attempted a mockup of a cover for RCS. I know it's not the most original but I wanted to incorporate a closeup since it looked so good on the Honeymoon UO LP but also have a border to give it a more polished look (I know some weren't fans of the LFL cover because of this) while keeping it modern with Lana's new name logo. Also, I'm no expert so in the words of Lana: "if you judge me, I'll kill you."

mockup.jpg

this is really nice! i love the retro feel it has :smile: 

Brite lites 💫 discovered by Benedetta on We Heart It

1 hour ago, TrueLoveOnTheSide said:

mockup.jpg

:wowcry: this is really pretty! :trisha:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I've kinda given up on expecting good music videos from her lately, we normally get at least one good video every era, and it's normally the one that's been directed by a real director, and even then it's not necessarily going to be groundbreaking, Chemtrails was fantastic visually but we've not had generally great visuals like that since Ultraviolence. (Well the LFL era had some pretty gorgeous visuals as well tbh) I did really like Music To Watch Boys To but i only liked the shot of her on the lounge chair, there should have been more focus on that particular scene, and with color, because it's gorgeous and it's one of the looks i remember so vividly when i think of the Honeymoon era. Love was striking too, but again there should have been more focus on her. NFR is the only era where she doesn't have a particularly iconic look, i sort of think of that little black bomber jacket in the Fuck It I Love You video, but that's so lame...

I'm really hoping, if Rock Candy Sweet is going to be a fully flushed out era that we get at least one iconic look to remember, the way we got for BTD, UV, HM, LFL and COCC

♥ 𝕴𝖒𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖆𝖓𝖓𝖎𝖍𝖎𝖑𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖘 𝖘𝖔 𝖉𝖔𝖕𝖊 ♥

52 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

Also i want a Pink Vinyl... What color is this album for u guys? For me is a bublegum pink..  something like "la bitch" 

Would you settle for a 2LP?

disc.jpg

Lana first teased White Dress on February 6th then released the first snippet on February 27th (exactly 3 weeks apart). The Blue Bannisters teaser was posted on April 10th and 3 weeks from then would be May 1st... Blue Bannisters snippet or full song coming May 1st, 1 month before June 1st when Rock Candy Sweet is supposed to drop... #TeamDelusional

5 hours ago, past the bushes said:

just bring BRTHR back, Chemtrails was her best MV in ages :oprah3:

The only good thing about it was the high budget production and the fancy looks.

Apart from that it was an anticlimatic, overloaded mess

Only one is a wanderer. Two together are always going somewhere./Vertigo

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I've kinda given up on expecting good music videos from her lately, we normally get at least one good video every era, and it's normally the one that's been directed by a real director, and even then it's not necessarily going to be groundbreaking, Chemtrails was fantastic visually but we've not had generally great visuals like that since Ultraviolence. (Well the LFL era had some pretty gorgeous visuals as well tbh) I did really like Music To Watch Boys To but i only liked the shot of her on the lounge chair, there should have been more focus on that particular scene, and with color, because it's gorgeous and it's one of the looks i remember so vividly when i think of the Honeymoon era. Love was striking too, but again there should have been more focus on her. NFR is the only era where she doesn't have a particularly iconic look, i sort of think of that little black bomber jacket in the Fuck It I Love You video, but that's so lame...

I'm really hoping, if Rock Candy Sweet is going to be a fully flushed out era that we get at least one iconic look to remember, the way we got for BTD, UV, HM, LFL and COCC

Love is one of my favourite music videos. The reason it didn't focus on her is because she said the song was for her fans. In the end it's one of the few songs (or even the only song?) where she doesn't sing about herself: "Look at you kids (...)".

I really enjoyed TG's music video, singing in that industrial area was very fitting for the theme of the song. TG is about the old golden ages of the U.S. and the western world: I miss Long Beach, i miss this and that. I had a ball, I'm facing the greatest loss and so on. It was that kind of industry that made the western world rich and brought them those golden ages, but also contributed to climate change and other problems we face today. Like the american dream or the U.S. political power, that industry is in decline nowadays and a relict of the past. The video might not have a high replay value because nothing really happens, but I like to rewatch it from time to time because the message of the song and the visuals match so well: It's the essence of NFR for me.

And NFR had the DT music video, seeing giant Lana and young Lana with a blonde wig was everything. And Freak was fun too! :)