Sitar

Lorde

The sparse guitar behind her voice bothers me - I like the vocals, they are growing on me! The scratchy acoustic thing with blank space around it seems like a waste tbh :( I also feel like her vocals aren't mixed high enough at points 

21 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

Every time Lorde emerges, she carries the New Zealand tourism industry with her :defeated:

At first I was wondering where she went to film the video, and then I remembered she *lives* there! I would love to move there sooo much! :) 

3 minutes ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

Do I remember correctly that Mood Ring is also supposed to come out soon?

supposedly "within the same week". But since they initially through the song was coming out on the 21st--I wonder if the album comes out 21st and Mood Ring is released earlier in the week as a promo single? 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

Just now, Mer said:

supposedly "within the same week". But since they initially through the song was coming out on the 21st--I wonder if the album comes out 21st and Mood Ring is released earlier in the week as a promo single? 

theres no way this wasnt planned, me thinks mood ring next week

8 minutes ago, TayIor said:

no I agree I meant that insiders got the dates mixed up it seems 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

5 minutes ago, Mer said:

no I agree I meant that insiders got the dates mixed up it seems 

Could be, however personally I feel like Lorde somehow couldve set/manipulated the leakers into getting that date out there to make it seem even better when it surprised dropped today? We'll never truly know but its fun to think about Ella planning this all out for the most hype possible, she had a whole interview set up and ready to go today

13 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

Mike Dean was supposed to work on the new Lorde album 

Def think the psychedelia would’ve fit better 

Mike>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>Antonoff

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

The princess of Alt Pop has returned…that Rodrigo girl needs to go back to taking notes.  

yes 

16 minutes ago, Mer said:

manifesting this HARD :legend:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

3 minutes ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

Here's the concept: Mood Ring and pre-order next week

exactly what methinks

I'm envisioning it around monday

1 hour ago, TayIor said:

Didn't this happen with love? it leaked so they rush released it and it really threw off the lfl release schedule. Also, the fact it got uploaded early by some streaming sites kinda supports that it was a last minute, rushed thing without proper planning

anyway i absolutely adore this song omg it's so lorde to me? i don't stan her at all but i do like all her previous work and listen to it regularly and this seems to fit her sound completely. Very summery and as much as i hate antonoff, i can't fault the production really (except the instrumental seems to be what makes the song ebb and flow, rather than the vocals/melody which I'm not a huge fan of but I still think the instrumental is good enough to not mind it)

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

I wanted to like it so bad I’m so sad :( The melody just doesn’t click for me, it makes the song forgettable and I’m exaggerating but the way she’s singing in this particular song is a bit like nails on chalkboard to me :(

ZKcaooE.png

1 hour ago, NewportBitch said:

Mike Dean was supposed to work on the new Lorde album 

Def think the psychedelia would’ve fit better 

Mike really is trying to come in and improve where Jack fails. Too bad he didn't get to it on Lorde's album, the song is boring as hell

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole