YourGirl666

Unreleased Lana CD ideas

So, I only have on CD left to burn and I need help to decide what to do with it. I want to burn a compilation of unreleased Lana songs. First I wanted to do a HM companion album with all the outtakes + the soundtrack songs (Big Eyes, I Can Fly and Life is Beautiful), but then I decided to wait till all of them leaked. Then I tried Tropico but some of the songs I really wanted to have on it didn't have any good enough sound quality available (Pink Champaigne, Lake Placid...) and most remasters in this website have their links dead (I even got some but they weren't really the songs I was looking for). Lately I've been thinking of doing LFL or Paradise new tracklist + some outtakes versions but I'm still divided (also, production-wise, ones would sound way too rough next a released track). Maybe I should just have all my favorite unreleased songs gathered in this one CD tho it wouldn't really sound that good to listen to front to back (there are lot, ranging from Fine China to St. Tropez to Your Girl to Axl Rose Husband laptop demo). I could also make one with songs from different eras that may sound good on the same album (think of I Must Be Stupid for Being So Happy, Pawn Shop Blues, Some Things Last a Long Time, Chelsea Hotel no. 2 and On Our Way) or even just one volume with any songs I really like from some time frame like, 2013-2015 or 2009-2012 (even though cohesion may be a problem in here too). I need help. What to you guys think? Have you done anything similar before that turned out actually really good? I can't afford another CD for now, so this is my only chance.

1) If you’re doing a cd with you fav unreleased songs, I suggest you to divide it in volumes, as an example:

•Unreleased Vol.1, featuring 14 tracks

•Unreleased Vol.2, featuring 11 tracks

•Unreleased Vol.3, featuring 17 tracks

2) Tropico songs are not that LQ imo, and since we’re at it I’m sharing my tracklist for it:

Old Money

Guns And Roses

Black Beauty 

Melancholia

Ave Maria 

Jesus 

Earthquakes

Summertime 

Dragonslayer

Lake Placid

Pink Champagne

Angels Forever

3) If you’re rooting for a HM outtakes cd, I suggest waiting for them to fully leak first

4) Something I really liked from my fanmade creations is the BTD B-sides concept, It feels so complete and cohesive, and I think it deserves to be on a physical copy 

You Can be the boss

Velvet crowbar

Serial killer

Put the radio on

Paradise (2011)

Meet me in the pale moonlight

IV in black & white

Damn you

French Restaurant

Hollywood's dead

On our way

Us against the world

Kinda outta luck

Deluxe:

Ice Cream

What's a girl to do?

You & Me

Hundred dollar bill

3 hours ago, Dark City said:

1) If you’re doing a cd with you fav unreleased songs, I suggest you to divide it in volumes, as an example:

•Unreleased Vol.1, featuring 14 tracks

•Unreleased Vol.2, featuring 11 tracks

•Unreleased Vol.3, featuring 17 tracks

3 hours ago, grandpas glass said:

as it is a CD, take songs that you not only like at the moment, but that you would still like after listening to them several times

and I would only take songs with really good quality

I'm heavily considering doing this. Kinda of an all time favorites type of thing. I could even sequence it by era so it will sound somewhat cohesive and still showing the sound progression. 

4 hours ago, Dark City said:

2) Tropico songs are not that LQ imo, and since we’re at it I’m sharing my tracklist for it:

Old Money

Guns And Roses

Black Beauty 

Melancholia

Ave Maria 

Jesus 

Earthquakes

Summertime 

Dragonslayer

Lake Placid

Pink Champagne

Angels Forever

3) If you’re rooting for a HM outtakes cd, I suggest waiting for them to fully leak first

4) Something I really liked from my fanmade creations is the BTD B-sides concept, It feels so complete and cohesive, and I think it deserves to be on a physical copy 

You Can be the boss

Velvet crowbar

Serial killer

Put the radio on

Paradise (2011)

Meet me in the pale moonlight

IV in black & white

Damn you

French Restaurant

Hollywood's dead

On our way

Us against the world

Kinda outta luck

Ice Cream

What's a girl to do?

You & Me

Hundred dollar bill

2. This one looks pretty nice and reminds me of the official one from that blurred photo (#LeakFakeRolex) (sorry, couldn't resist). Which versions are u using for the first 3 tracks and AFFA?

3. I feel like my tracklist for the HM b-side will end up looking like these after all the outtakes leak:

1. California '14 (hopefully the final version)

2. Honeymoon (Live at BBC)

3. Freak Like Me (Demo 1)

4. Dark City

5. Beautiful People (Demo 3)

6. I Can Fly (2015 Demo Rework)

7. Paradise '15

8. Say Yes to Heaven (James Ford Demo)

9. Come With Me

10. Cry Kill Die

11. Dead to Me

12. The Blackest Day (Demo)

13. Crazy for You

14. Black Magic Stars

15. If I Die Young

16. Some Things Last a Long Time - Bonus Track

17. Big Eyes - Bonus Track

18. Life is Beautiful (2015 Version) - Bonus Track

Maybe I'll include The Good Life too if the hq ever leaks. God Knows I Tried demo doesn't really do it for me and I almost scrapped the Blackest Day one too, but I felt like the latter would fit nicely in the place I put it in. I have no idea of what the other demos sound like so I didn't include them.

4. Your tracklist looks really great! I'd add Because of You, Prom Song, Parism She's Not Me and Driving in Cars tho. I feel like we have enough BTD outtakes already to just burn a pretty good CD compilation. 

8 hours ago, YourGirl666 said:

I'm heavily considering doing this. Kinda of an all time favorites type of thing. I could even sequence it by era so it will sound somewhat cohesive and still showing the sound progression. 

2. This one looks pretty nice and reminds me of the official one from that blurred photo (#LeakFakeRolex) (sorry, couldn't resist). Which versions are u using for the first 3 tracks and AFFA?

3. I feel like my tracklist for the HM b-side will end up looking like these after all the outtakes leak:

1. California '14 (hopefully the final version)

2. Honeymoon (Live at BBC)

3. Freak Like Me (Demo 1)

4. Dark City

5. Beautiful People (Demo 3)

6. I Can Fly (2015 Demo Rework)

7. Paradise '15

8. Say Yes to Heaven (James Ford Demo)

9. Come With Me

10. Cry Kill Die

11. Dead to Me

12. The Blackest Day (Demo)

13. Crazy for You

14. Black Magic Stars

15. If I Die Young

16. Some Things Last a Long Time - Bonus Track

17. Big Eyes - Bonus Track

18. Life is Beautiful (2015 Version) - Bonus Track

Maybe I'll include The Good Life too if the hq ever leaks. God Knows I Tried demo doesn't really do it for me and I almost scrapped the Blackest Day one too, but I felt like the latter would fit nicely in the place I put it in. I have no idea of what the other demos sound like so I didn't include them.

4. Your tracklist looks really great! I'd add Because of You, Prom Song, Parism She's Not Me and Driving in Cars tho. I feel like we have enough BTD outtakes already to just burn a pretty good CD compilation. 

1) For the tropico cd I’m using:

•Old Money (demo)

•Black Beauty (Rick Demo)

•Guns And Roses (released version, but when a demo leaks I’ll no longer use the official one)

•AFFA (Mix 027) [though to make it accurate with the timeline you should use the feb.2013 drumless demo, but I don’t really like it]
•Jesus is the final version (5:42 length)

2) For the HM outtakes I thought abt an EP:

•California 
•Dark City

•Crazy for You

•Come With Me

•The Good Life

•Black Magic Stars

•Paradise (2015)

•If I Die Young

•Cry Kill Die

•Dead To Me

3) For the BTD B-sides I put together over 20 tracklist(s) before ending up with the current one that feels finally complete, though I added She’s Not Me last minute yesterday…

Imagine what Lana went through to make a good tracklist for BTD :crying5: