clayford13

Promo Single: "BROOKLYN BABY" (June 8)

My favorite part of the song is near the ending when Barrie starts singing along his voice really compliments the song and I really wish he actually got to sing a verse or two like a duet its very Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazlewood

btw guys, where can I hear BB? I know there's a demo out there and we're not sure if lana re-recorded the song but can someone send it to me via PM?

Just go in the "audio" section and there's a list pf all of Lana's songs, including downloads and instructions made by trayertrash :)

After listening to this song ten thousand times, I feel like the song is completely reminiscent, especially the chorus.

My boyfriend's in a band - she could be talking about her old boyfriend while she was playing in clubs and open mic nights.

He plays guitar while I sing Lou ReedI think fits because her possible boyfriend of the time introduced her to that era of rock, much like she says Mr. Campbell introduced her to some genres.

I've got feathers in my hair - this sounds like she's remembering a time where she felt free and comfortable with her surroundings and herself.

I get down to beat poetry - she's talked about how she wanted to be a poet and it didn't work out, so she could be talking about the time while she was in the poetry scene, when she also felt like she was with her people.

I'm a Brooklyn Baby - even though she lived in Europe and now lives in LA, she is a Brooklyn girl at heart and the events that took place while she lived there shaped the rest of her life.

But, I always think she should be singing I'm a Placid baby

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

I actually don't think it sounds like Barrie.

And no, it wasn't Barrie, but some Seth person.

My favorite part of the song is near the ending when Barrie starts singing along his voice really compliments the song and I really wish he actually got to sing a verse or two like a duet its very Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazlewood

It's not Barrie.

:heart:  :heart:  :heart: