Anthem

Project "Lana Del Ray A.K.A Lizzy Grant"

What image would you want for the back cover?

i dont really care, i like the palm tree one and the one with the photo from the same photoshoot as the cover

What would you prefer for the CD packaging?
Digipack
Jewel Case
Slimcase
no please

What would you prefer for the CD label?
Album Cover
Album name/tracklist (like for the CD singles) 
no
Old style vinyl lookalike
Other (post a suggested picture)

something simple.

What would you prefer for the album booklet?
All lyrics – like BTD/P
definitely. +photos
Most lyrics with choruses only stated once – like some songs in the Electra Heart booklet
Some lyrical snippets – like UV

Anything else you think should be taken into consideration?
 keep it simple & together

If everything goes well we could make a "Sirens" CD as well. I'd love to have one. :)

I'm probably going to have a bunch of blank CDs/cases so maybe. :) I was thinking that earlier but like @@tropicunt said, I didn't want to get too ahead. Only one person has said anything about it but I did mention in the OP that creating an AKA vinyl was another project I was considering. As long as everyone is cooperating and I can at least get back the money I put into it, I don't mind doing several more things similar to this for her other official unreleased stuff.

Discussions for a future time though! I've already got enough going on with these darn CDs.  :tongue:

Good news is that I talked with my friend who works at UPS (she helped me make my extra prints for my BTD/P box) and she is going to help me find a place that does digipaks. Not to scare anyone, but I've called most of the major printing places where I live and a few in the major city near me and cannot find anyone who makes them or even knows someone who will. I have a few friends involved in the local music scene though so I'm hoping to hear back from them if they know. It might be a while before I have any pricing info on them. :/ I KNOW somewhere has to be able to do it but damn they are hard to find. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

What image would you want for the back cover? 

The one with her laying down! Or the Coney Island one, something that looks like what we think is the actual real back cover.

What would you prefer for the CD packaging?
Digipack

What would you prefer for the CD label?
The palm tree one with no text or maybe add just the artist/title in small print.
What would you prefer for the album booklet?
All lyrics

Anything else you think should be taken into consideration?

I think we need to make sure that the booklet and the cover/backcover go together thematically. We (including me) have a lot of clashing ideas. Coney Island? Palm trees? All great, but everything needs to fit.

Also, we need to make sure all of the pictures in the booklet are from the right era :)

I'm so excited!

So here is roughly what I am envisioning the thing to look like based on what I have so far:

Cover - duh, moving on..

Back Cover:

cdbooklet_1_palm1gduox.jpg

CD Label:

aka-cd_180uzb.png

Digipak middle insert/jewel case inside back part (part visible behind the CD):

o-CONEY-ISLAND-facebook.jpg

This is, of course, subject to change depending on what else people turn in by the end of the year, but for now its the direction I am leaning toward. I just really like the idea of the cover/back being dark, but the inside being more bright and happy to go with the lighter parts of the album. I think it covers all the main aesthetic points of the era as well. Feel free to post thoughts!

Pages are still TBA, I am working on some basic ones to use if I don't get anything from anyone else. 

EDIT: Also guys, I can't use those pages y'all keep posting (or any random ones off the internet) even if I wanted to. I need/want permission from the original creators to use anything from online. And I like some of the things we are coming up with more anyways. :) Based on the "official" back cover I think I like ours more than what Lana would have made it look like too.

..And I guess its time to suck it up and show you guys one of my sample pages so I can get feedback if it comes to that. Absolutely not what we have to use but its there as a last resort.  :rip:

29e6kvt.jpg

Looks so good! CD label is AMAZING and the middle insert suits the album's aesthetic so well. Sample page looks sweeeeet too! The only (minor) gripes I have are that I think the palm tree picture for the back cover should be changed - it looks a little LQ to me. I'd also capitalise the whole song title & change the font of it in the lyric pages because it looks out of place next to the typewriter lyrics. Apart from that, everything looks so professional and something, I think, Lana would be proud of! :heart:

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Looks so good! CD label is AMAZING and the middle insert suits the album's aesthetic so well. Sample page looks sweeeeet too! The only (minor) gripes I have are that I think the palm tree picture for the back cover should be changed - it looks a little LQ to me. I'd also capitalise the whole song title & change the font of it in the lyric pages because it looks out of place next to the typewriter lyrics. Apart from that, everything looks so professional and something, I think, Lana would be proud of! :heart:

Hmm what font do you suggest? I just used the title font since that's what to BTD/P booklet does for the titles. I tried the same typewriter font but that looked kind of weird to me. Perfect call on the capitalization.  :yesnod:

More good news: I am stupid and didn't think about the pages being front/back, so the price quote I got on booklets is way more than it should actually be. So the jewel cases will be a little cheaper - yay. I'm going to wait on updating the OP until I actually have the files and take them somewhere because the amount of colors/etc might be a little more expensive (it shouldn't because I told them double sided, color, and gloss finish but you know how sneaky people can be). 

Hmm what font do you suggest? I just used the title font since that's what to BTD/P booklet does for the titles. I tried the same typewriter font but that looked kind of weird to me. Perfect call on the capitalization.  :yesnod:

I'll try and find a good font for you! Probably something similar to a typewriter one, maybe?

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Any way we could get some semi-plausible credits on those lyric pages?

I'd still prefer the lying down back cover and the hibiscus CD label, are we gonna vote or...

i was talkin bout this w/ my bf and it kind of dawned on us both... is this legal? like to reprint + distribute an out of print cd? has anyone looked into this?

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

i was talkin bout this w/ my bf and it kind of dawned on us both... is this legal? like to reprint + distribute an out of print cd? has anyone looked into this?

The fact is that it's not legal, and either 5 Points or Lana's team or probably Interscope could come down on it like a tonne of bricks if they wanted to. That's why I suggested just printing up covers as a possibly less problematic project - it's a piece of fan art, which is technically using copyrighted photos, but is less likely to be a problem.

Vinyl is an even bigger problem, and it will be almost impossible for hobbyists like us to find a plant willing to press up bootlegs. 

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

The answer would be no, and either 5 Points or Lana's team or probably Interscope could come down on it like a tonne of bricks if they wanted to. That's why I suggested just printing up covers as a possibly less problematic project - it's a piece of fan art, which is technically using copyrighted photos, but is less likely to be a problem.

Vinyl is an even bigger problem, and it will be almost impossible for hobbyists like us to find a plant willing to press up bootlegs. 

should we consider not printing the cd maybe and just the cases? idk i'd hate for this to result in any kind of legal action and lbr, ben mawson's been on us since 5eva. something to consider~

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

The other thing is, that unlike in the old bootleg days, every one of us has access to the actual music, so distributing it on a physical CD (which makes it subject to piracy laws) seems an unnecessary risk. Maybe include a blank CD, printed with the label, which the person who receives it can do whatever they feel is appropriate with?

Any way we could get some semi-plausible credits on those lyric pages?

I'd still prefer the lying down back cover and the hibiscus CD label, are we gonna vote or...

Of course, they are just rough WIP. And yeah, I can edit the polls after we have everything in (so Jan 1st) and get a real count of who wants what. I'm sorry if my post earlier made it seem like I was deciding for everyone. 

All assuming the next bit doesn't shut this down..

The fact is that it's not legal, and either 5 Points or Lana's team or probably Interscope could come down on it like a tonne of bricks if they wanted to. That's why I suggested just printing up covers as a possibly less problematic project - it's a piece of fan art, which is technically using copyrighted photos, but is less likely to be a problem.

Hm, this makes me pretty nervous about all this. I haven't had anything printed at all yet thankfully but this is something I'm going to have to deal with. I'd prefer not to get into trouble. If you guys think that just the cases wouldn't be an issue, that is an option. I want one badly, and to share it with you guys, but I don't want legal trouble either as that would royally fuck up my life. 

should we consider not printing the cd maybe and just the cases? idk i'd hate for this to result in any kind of legal action and lbr, ben mawson's been on us since 5eva. something to consider~

Yeah we might need to make other arrangements for this. I don't really know what to do at this point. 

I'm in. I will go with what everyone else thinks (but agree that the version in the other thread is beautiful). 

I wonder if this will be an easier project to pull off if the actual CD is not included.

I've got to be more specific when I post things here . This was what I was referring to when I posted the bolded part above.