Sign in to follow this  
annedauphine

Cavetown

v600_cavetown-jflynnphoto-7-18-007.jpg

If you're into soft emo slightly lofi at times but that can also be catchy pure tumblr music with intelligent coming of age adolescent lyrics, every song Robin Skinner makes sounds like God cumming. I'm sure there's valid musical references and artists he sounds like but to me it's 2012 tumblr, flower fields in the summer, playing animal crossing at your grandparents place at 4am, happy melancholy, tea, big forests and Portland Oregon personified

Here's a few songs amongst the MANYFOLD I adore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjGEbljsY8c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA1z5vXzoRg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3GReUEA2DI

ZKcaooE.png

Currently crying my heart and eyes out listening to I'll Make Cereal on a loop. The kind of songs you meet once every decade urgh. Yall NEED to give Robin a chance, he's became one of my fav artists ever in less than a day

ZKcaooE.png

Crying listening to Jack's Song on a loop rn, it's a song for his friend who died of leukaemia apparently (listening I would think it's of a car crash) but it reminds me of my grandmother who passed away in 2014, an event that triggered all the best things that ever happened to me for complex reasons. She was the first person that passed close to me, except my father's best friend who committed suicide, and even then I remember my mom telling me that my father was crying his heart out on the phone and that marked me so much. I adore songs that aren't about love and Robbie does it soooo well. I know I only discovered his music yesterday but it has such a profound impact on me.

Maybe I didn't present him in a way that does him justice but I'm not gonna stop push this thread on yalls face until at least one person listens and understands what it makes me feel urgh, because I would wish even my worst enemy to feel what Robbie's music makes me feel.

Also after listening to him ExtENsiVelY in 24h I can definitely say that his main strength are chorus melodies, even if the verses are a bit weaker and the song starts a bit not my taste, the chorus comes on and I'm always like BOOM this is my new fav of him

But nah I'll Make Cereal is def one of my absolute fav songs ever now. Such a stupid shallow name when the song is super deep and not even fake deep actual deep. And it's not about love thank God

ZKcaooE.png

Ahh, I love this kid!!! I was obsessed with his stuff a few years ago but I just sorta forgot about him after that. I recently started to get back into his music and he's improved SO much. I remember his older stuff kinda had that edgy lo-fi tumblr ukulele/acoustic guitar with halsey vocal fry type of sound but his most recent stuff I just LOVE

death grips is online !