Sign in to follow this  
jvcx

Fanmade "Gods & Monsters" video

So I was inspired by Lana's old videos and some videos here, made by you fans, and I thought I could give it a try since I haven't done any proper videos in years! Gods & Monsters is one of my favorites on Paradise (well, actually, all the songs are but yeah) and I thought it would deserve a video. First I was thinking of using clips from old horror/thriller movies like Psycho and Halloween but I ended up using two scenes from The Birds which I've loved ever since I was a kid. Oh and Snow White, it was somehow really creepy to me when I was a kid but now I just love it. :D

We watched this one video of Elvis in school and I was amazed how similar Lana and Priscilla Presley's "looks" are (I had never really noticed it before) and this video therefore has many clips of Elvis and Priscilla's life together, including clips from their weddings and so on. There's also clips of Marilyn and Jim Morrison (try to guess why lol) and of course, Lana.

I wanted to make the video "dark" from the very beginning yet reflect decay and the song's somewhat "sexual" lyrics (don't worry, i'm keeping it appropriate) and I wasn't sure if I'd actually share the video here since people might not get the idea I had in my head when I was doing this. However, I sent the video to some of my friends who are Lana fans and they told me they really like it so I was encouraged to share it with you guys too! :)

I hope you like it! :)

Gods & Monsters MV