Sign in to follow this  
♥Love♥Lana♥Like♥Life

Lana: Where's your Christmas Album?

She should do a Christmas Covers album for the soloists this Christmas. Her vocals would send anyone to depression and beyond!

Blue Christmas EP - Lana Del Rey

tumblr_mefaim7pqi1rh1wwzo1_400_large.jpg

1. Silent Night

2. Winter Wonderland

3. All I Want For Christmas Is You

4. Santa Baby

iv8yeQPF0g7uM.gif

She should do a Christmas Covers album for the soloists this Christmas. Her vocals would send anyone to depression and beyond!

1. Silent Night

2. Winter Wonderland

4. Santa Baby

Ok, I think we already found the perfect album cover for Lana xmas lp 2013 :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/lovelanalikelife ♥Music For Lana&Lana's Fans♥

Since Lana used to sing in a choir at Mass we can assume she sang Christmas songs at a Christmas Mass. I've got no problem with a Christmas album if it's genuine in that the artist believes in Christmas (celebrating the Birth of Christ) and Christianity.

If Lana did a Christmas album I'd hope to hear Santa Baby, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (made famous by Judy Garland in Meet Me in St. Louis) and some pop Christmas tunes, but since she sang at Church I'd hope we'd get some staples like

The First Noel

Joy to the World

Adeste Fideles

Silent Night

Hark Herald the Angels Sing

Since Lana used to sing in a choir at Mass we can assume she sang Christmas songs at a Christmas Mass. I've got no problem with a Christmas album if it's genuine in that the artist believes in Christmas (celebrating the Birth of Christ) and Christianity.

If Lana did a Christmas album I'd hope to hear Santa Baby, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (made famous by Judy Garland in Meet Me in St. Louis) and some pop Christmas tunes, but since she sang at Church I'd hope we'd get some staples like

The First Noel

Joy to the World

Adeste Fideles

Silent Night

Good aspects you have! :)

I think Lana would deliver a very authentic christmas album!

I think religion is also important to her, isn't it?

Good aspects you have! :)

I think Lana would deliver a very authentic christmas album!

I think religion is also important to her, isn't it?

Thanks, Yes I'd say religion has played or plays an important part of her life. She has lyrics referencing her Roman Catholicism. She's not over the top like Madonna and Lady Gaga though which is refreshing.

Catholic artists like Lana, Madonna, Lady Gaga, Sinead O'Connor tend to pay more detail to visual images in the videos and in the look they send out. The music, art, fashion, video, photos, and mood tend to be more of a package deal. Like the Catholic Church has a greater emphasis on the visual and musical and spiritual. Go to a Catholic Church and compare it to a Protestant Church and Catholic churches place a greater emphasis on the visual with statues, icons, candles, colors, mosaics, lighting (cinematography) and incense. There's a whole package deal.

I don't think someone like Taylor Swift can ever make a video or production as visually sophisticated as Lana. Lizzie adopted a new name to send an image associated with her music. At confirmation you choose a confirmation name and when some people enter the priesthood or a religious order they often adopt a totally new name to signify their new life.

Maybe I'm over analyzing, but religion whenever or not it's a big part of her life now is an obvious influence on her as an artist.

1. Silent Night

2. Winter Wonderland

4. Santa Baby

The First Noel

Joy to the World

Adeste Fideles

Silent Night

nice ideas, but it would be boring when she sings like in BtD and the other Albums about Love. In fact that's a question of marketing. Maybe polydor (interscope) made a lot of experience with "Christmas" Albums who flopped.

nice ideas, but it would be boring when she sings like in BtD and the other Albums about Love. In fact that's a question of marketing. Maybe polydor (interscope) made a lot of experience with "Christmas" Albums who flopped.

Yes, but I doubt she's sing the First Noel like Born to Die. LOL.

In a way her lounge act persona fits in nice with a Christmas album with some traditional Christmas hymns on one side and torchy Christmas songs on the other side. Gee, I'm showing how old I am by talking like they still make vinyl records.

Thanks, Yes I'd say religion has played or plays an important part of her life. She has lyrics referencing her Roman Catholicism. She's not over the top like Madonna and Lady Gaga though which is refreshing.

Catholic artists like Lana, Madonna, Lady Gaga, Sinead O'Connor tend to pay more detail to visual images in the videos and in the look they send out. The music, art, fashion, video, photos, and mood tend to be more of a package deal. Like the Catholic Church has a greater emphasis on the visual and musical and spiritual. Go to a Catholic Church and compare it to a Protestant Church and Catholic churches place a greater emphasis on the visual with statues, icons, candles, colors, mosaics, lighting (cinematography) and incense. There's a whole package deal.

I don't think someone like Taylor Swift can ever make a video or production as visually sophisticated as Lana. Lizzie adopted a new name to send an image associated with her music. At confirmation you choose a confirmation name and when some people enter the priesthood or a religious order they often adopt a totally new name to signify their new life.

Maybe I'm over analyzing, but religion whenever or not it's a big part of her life now is an obvious influence on her as an artist.

Wow, thank you! Once more an excellent aspect you mention!

I have respect for Gaga and Madonna but their videos are partly disgusting...

I think if somebody can resprent true values it's Lana.