Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

Whenever I search for artists that are most similar to Lana, we often get recommended Marina, Halsey, Florence, FKA Twigs, Melanie etc. And yeah I do happen to love them all but they just don't match up in similarity because their voices are so different, and tbh, far less "easy listening" than Lana's voice.

Then I come across the artists that I truly think are most similar on my own, and Jesse Jo Stark is one of them, in vocals as well as The Pierce's and Mazzy Star. They are the songs I listen to where I'm really like "omg Lana could 100% have done this" or "wow if she could just cover this..." "Add strings and this is a Lana song"

All seem to be relatively stripped down compared to Lana's pop-influenced genre but then again Lana does have her routes in acoustic guitar and her AKA album, which remind me a lot of Mazzy Star also.

Anyone else know artists whose vocals actually match really well with Lana's?

the fact that Serial killer isn't a bonus track on BTD is baffling to me. It is better than all three bonus tracks tbh...

Whenever I search for artists that are most similar to Lana, we often get recommended Marina, Halsey, Florence, FKA Twigs, Melanie etc. And yeah I do happen to love them all but they just don't match up in similarity because their voices are so different, and tbh, far less "easy listening" than Lana's voice.

In truth, none of these artists are even remotely similar to Lana other than the fact that they are in the same "sub-genre" (alt pop, which covers so many different sounds), have overlapping fanbases, and in some cases share similar aesthetics. I always thought she was way more similar to the neighbourhood (at least in the BTD era).

I'm fucking screaming I googled one of Lana's new friends, as you do, and it came up with this. I guess we know who sold the Chase story  :rip:

This girl hasn’t had a job for three years. When she’s not hunting new rich friends in Los Angeles, she makes money by getting close to celebrities (Serena Williams, Ciara, Drake, Shaun White) and selling stories about them to tabloids (TMZ, OK!, Us Weekly, etc). She is shady as f*ck and avoid her at all costs. Check out her desperate instagram @valvogt for more :)

Literally

flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

I'm fucking screaming I googled one of Lana's new friends, as you do, and it came up with this. I guess we know who sold the Chase story  :rip:

Literally

flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

I was hoping it would be skirtsandsuits

Literally

This girl hasn’t had a job for three years. When she’s not hunting new rich friends in Los Angeles, she makes money by getting close to celebrities (Serena Williams, Ciara, Drake, Shaun White) and selling stories about them to tabloids (TMZ, OK!, Us Weekly, etc). She is shady as f*ck and avoid her at all costs. Check out her desperate instagram @valvogt for more :)

flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

@RormanNockwell

oop

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I was hoping it would be skirtsandsuits

skirtsandsuits makes me laugh. that has got to be the most disgusting instagram feed i have ever seen. why does she completely oversaturate her photos like it's 2012

tumblr_pb75g64MCD1wufoyho1_500.gif

Literally

flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

Oh my God I cannot fucking BREATHE (here's the link where that quote is from)

https://gossip.thedirty.com/gossip/hollywood/avoid-valerie-vogt-at-all-costs/#post-1940631

I guess we know who always calls the paparazzi when sis goes to church, too.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

skirtsandsuits makes me laugh. that has got to be the most disgusting instagram feed i have ever seen. why does she completely oversaturate her photos like it's 2012

Yes, when I DMed her about sis' creepy stalker + left a comment on her latest post telling her to check because it was regarding her friend's personal safety, she deleted my comment and never read the DM.

Wasn't going to say which friend it was but fuck her.

I don't know ... I understand they must get a lot of starfuckers messaging them but if someone wrote that ^ on my post ... I feel like I would check because I would care enough about my friend to do so. If the message turned out to be "wHeRe'S nFr?" then that's what, 30 seconds of my time wasted?

So as I said. Fuck. Her.

Yes, when I DMed her about sis' creepy stalker + left a comment on her latest post telling her to check because it was regarding her friend's personal safety, she deleted my comment and never read the DM.

I don't know ... I understand they must get a lot of starfuckers messaging them but if someone wrote that ^ on my post ... I feel like I would check because I would care enough about my friend to do so. If the message turned out to be "wHeRe'S nFr?" then that's what, 30 seconds of my time wasted?

So as I said. Fuck. Her.

Does anyone know her actual name? It doesn't seem to be anywhere but I wanna "investigate" her lol

This morning I was walking in my fav area of Paris going to work under big bright sun and I had Your Girl on a loop in my ears and I thought I was gonna pass out of happiness. This song is associated to amazing moments in my mind when it leaked when I took a walk in Venice Beach when I was in New York... I’ll never stop loving Lana she makes me too happy

ZKcaooE.png

so idk if this belongs here or in the taylor swift thread.. but in taylor's new music video there is this scene with Ryan Reynolds which seems pretty random and someone on Reddit pointed out that it looks like a Norman Rockwell painting

djmhfq7.pngW1VZAfS.png

e0a88cdb-a511-49c9-ab11-aeec1835d2f3.jpg

She also mentioned Lana in an interview saying: "Her imagery. It’s poetic. It’s also full of modern pop culture and throwback nostalgia. Anything that she puts out, I’m going to not only listen to but do a full read-through of the lyrics."

AND Venice Bitch is in her Apple Music Playlist 

Taylor has been doing all sorts of easter eggs and stuff that are way more of a reach than this so could Lana be featured on Taylor's new album? Thoughts? 

so idk if this belongs here or in the taylor swift thread.. but in taylor's new music video there is this scene with Ryan Reynolds which seems pretty random and someone on Reddit pointed out that it looks like a Norman Rockwell painting

djmhfq7.pngW1VZAfS.png

e0a88cdb-a511-49c9-ab11-aeec1835d2f3.jpg

She also mentioned Lana in an interview saying: "Her imagery. It’s poetic. It’s also full of modern pop culture and throwback nostalgia. Anything that she puts out, I’m going to not only listen to but do a full read-through of the lyrics."

AND Venice Bitch is in her Apple Music Playlist

Taylor has been doing all sorts of easter eggs and stuff that are way more of a reach than this so could Lana be featured on Taylor's new album? Thoughts?

Welllllll, it IS Taylor Swift, the queen of easter eggs, so I honestly wouldn’t be surprised. Sounds very plausible

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Hey guys, how are you?

I need the help of anyone who lives in the UK. (Just because I'm from Portugal and I need the t-shirt to arrive really soon; I would give you my address and you'd send it to me).

Do you know any store that customizes t-shirts? I wanted one with some pic of Lana to wear at the festival at the 18th of July and I'm afraid that if I buy some off of aliexpress it won't arrive in time.

It has to be somewhat cheap.

Can anyone help me?

Thx :kiss:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

So as I said. Fuck. Her.

Wow, that was her? Damn. I’ve been thinking of making a video on discussing why I’m not a fan of Lana’s choices for NFR and the worry I have concerning her personal life- like make a quick mention of how shady her friends seem (especially seeing how they’re associated with those churches), but this takes the cake. That’s really messed up. Now idk if I should go through with it or what.

Wow, that was her? Damn. I’ve been thinking of making a video on discussing why I’m not a fan of Lana’s choices for NFR and the worry I have concerning her personal life- like make a quick mention of how shady her friends seem (especially seeing how they’re associated with those churches), but this takes the cake. That’s really messed up. Now idk if I should go through with it or what.

Yeah, I know some people get mad about people picking on her friends but imo there is just no defending that. As I said, 30 seconds or less of her time to check the message.

Ofc we all want sis to have friends and be happy. I don't think there's anyone here who doesn't want that (or, I hope there isn't). But these "friends"? So sketchy.

I wanna get back to discussing the chances of us getting any more videos like we've gotten from the LFL period. Even if BAR was ultimately replaced, it still had amazing production value, along w the blockbuster vibes from the title track, and the LOVE music video, simply enchanting, and I loved how almost, local it felt, w her singing in the planetarium and the beach . 

MAC seems legit more like a fashion interlude you'd watch if u went to Tilly's or Vans, which is great forsure, but it seems real forgettable, no malice just tryna b honest. Venice actually fits the track, bc I love how abstract it is, so the flashing images, and how loosely everything connects seems to fit the song's vibes. It's definitely not overbearing, which is something I personally really enjoy. 
Incredibly excited for the HiaB video, even if it is recycled footage, I just love the vibes it tries to lend itself to b, and I hope there's more substance or frames of her to really connect a story for. The insta snippet makes it seem a lot more active so maybe that'll b enough who knows 

Wonder why she hasn't really released a track for HIADT exactly. I mean I get that it's a real personal track, so I'll just that with that guess. I usually dislike watching music videos bc I like having my own imagination fuel what I see when listening to music, but ever since Ride, I've been kinda like in awe for the cinematography w her work. 

It's naive to really think she'll have another Tropico sorta work with how the era's been teetering around to even starting, and just the lax vibes she's been giving off, which is perfectly fine, something different to absorb art and vibe wise, but I really wish she finds that kind of spark to create something as magnificent, at the very least, in that kind of sense. I think I should just shut it and b grateful that music's coming, and that hopefully, there'll b a vinyl that I'll b comfortably buying. Hope the cover's beautiful and properly reflects the music we'll b getting. We've heard a great chunk of it, if even thru snippets, but just gonna b honest, the riverside pic doesn't seem like it lends to what we've gotten music wise. Maybe she was trying a bit more to look more stern, and she's all the music w her, but it doesn't really reflect how poignant and resolved the music is. I dig the vibes, but it feels too Robin Hood, at least for me. 

UV/Honeymoon