ethelcain

"Tropico" (Scrapped) Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

8 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

What songs from the original tracklist do we have? I’m just not sure what versions we have of each song, like do we have the Black Beauty demo that would theoretically be on this tracklist? Do we have any final versions because like I know it is said we only have the Earthquakes demo

I feel like version of pink champagne is later so there's probably a Piano Demo or smth that was in the tracklist. Old Money is probably the one we have or the Jamie xx Demo Same with black beauty. Lake placid is probably the one we gave. Guns and Roses I think is an early demo I don't think it's an auerbach demo.Summertime and Melancholia are probably the ones we have and Jesus is probably the paradise verison I don't think it was reworked before January. I think Earthquakes was finished later on and the one we have is the tropico one

I think I discovered something 

4ZUzCsW.jpeg

I tried to make the sheet readable using many different filters, and at the top there’s this lines that seem to spell AFFA, which has been used as an acronym for Angels forever, just like for the OG file of Angels forever. 

here’s the the picture with no writing over it:

tSMMVnu.jpeg

This really is the Rosetta Stone of Lanaboards 💀💀💀

4 minutes ago, meIanchoIia said:

Maybe "Elvis" is just shortened title for Dirty Elvis Fantasy which was Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight. She shortened I Talk to Jesus to "Jesus" so maybe "Elvis" is not the full title.

wasnt that song a pitch? + she said herself that song wasnt for the album + the song doesnt fits the aesthetic she wanted for the album

image.png?ex=669acbea&is=66997a6a&hm=e5f

Old Money, 2:12

tumblr_n66t9eCeoM1rdpjfqo1_500.gifv

12 minutes ago, meIanchoIia said:

Maybe "Elvis" is just shortened title for Dirty Elvis Fantasy which was Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight. She shortened I Talk to Jesus to "Jesus" so maybe "Elvis" is not the full title.

i believe dirty elvis fantasy was a fanmade song title

f7z0pce.jpeg

1 minute ago, meIanchoIia said:

Sorry, I was just bored

I wonder if Lana knows how obsessed LB is with that damn photo of her notebook and how we bring it up every time we talk about what Tropico could have been, like it’s some mystical biblical text to some “Shangri-La lost Eden” sort of album :thumb3:

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I wonder if Lana knows how obsessed LB is with that damn photo of her notebook and how we bring it up every time we talk about what Tropico could have been, like it’s some mystical biblical text to some “Shangri-La lost Eden” sort of album :thumb3:

I wonder why nobody asked her ANYTHING about Tropico. Like, she can be seen really often and she really likes to talk with her fans so I guess she'd say smth about this album.

12 minutes ago, meIanchoIia said:

I wonder why nobody asked her ANYTHING about Tropico. Like, she can be seen really often and she really likes to talk with her fans so I guess she'd say smth about this album.

Nobody wants to waste their thirty seconds of chatting with their idol, to only get a non-answer or a confused look.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

29 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

Nobody wants to waste their thirty seconds of chatting with their idol, to only get a non-answer or a confused look.

Yeah I get it, but afaik sometimes she used to answer the questions about unreleased stuff. Someone even asked her to sing wayamaya and she did it, same thing with Yosemite during L4L era.

EDIT: I don't say that asking artists about their unreleased stuff is okay. I just thought that after so many years someone would be so silly to ask about something connected with Tropico.

19 minutes ago, meIanchoIia said:

because we need to tell her that she’s giving lana del rey vinyl instead

Spoiler

that video made me MAD and it’s been months

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

9 minutes ago, meIanchoIia said:

I honestly think that as mental as Twitter/TikTok stans are, things like "Tropico" are just too niche for them. I mean, I don't really interact with many stans but the only place I see "Tropico" being brought up is here.