Sign in to follow this  
Embach

Emma Louise

8917cfaf751df30f81553788ce576a1f-jpeg.jp

Emma Louise (born 16 July 1991) is an Australian singer-songwriter from Cairns. 

She released her debut single Jungle on 31 March 2011. The song was used in series Wentworth and Grey's Anatomy, also it was used in a commercial for Yves Saint Laurent's perfume Black Opium

In 2013, the song gained international success with a remix by German DJ Wankelmut, retitled as My Head Is A Jungle. Later, in 2014, MK remix of the song reached top 5 in the UK's Official Charts, while the original solo version of the song reached top 3 in French Singles Charts. 

In January 2022, both versions of the song, the original song and Wankelmut remix, became viral in TikTok, reaching in Spotify Top 50 Global Charts, as well top 10 positions in Spotify Viral Global Charts and in other countries' Spotify Charts. 

Over her career, Emma Louise has released 1 EP and 3 studio albums: 

Full Hearts & Empty Rooms EP was released on 15 April 2011. It is a folk-pop insipired EP with her hit song Jungle. EP was produced by Mark Myers. 

Spoiler

Full-Heart-Empty-Rooms-by-Emma-Louise.pn

Singles:

Jungle (released on 31 March 2011)

Her debut studio album Vs Head Vs Heart was released on 23 March 2013. The indietronica/electronica inspired album was produced by Matt Redlich. The album debuted at number 12 on the ARIA Albums Chart. At the Queensland Music Awards of 2013, Vs Head Vs Heart won Album of the Year. 

Spoiler

Vs-Head-vs-Heart-by-Emma-Louise.png

Singles:

Boy (released in June 2012)

Freedom (released in January 2013)

Mirrors (released in April 2013)

Pontoon (released in August 2013)

Her sophomore studio album Supercry was released on 15 July 2016. The art pop/pop rock inspired album was produced by a Belgian producer Pascal Gabriel. The album debuted at number 14 on the ARIA Albums Chart. 

Spoiler

Supercry-by-Emma-Louise.png

Singles:

Underflow (released on 7 November 2015)

Talk Baby Talk (released on 18 March 2016)

West End Kids (released on 8 July 2016)

Illuminate (released on 21 October 2016)

Her third studio album Lilac Everything (also titled as Lilac Everything: A Project By Emma Louise) was released on 14 September 2018. The blue-eyed soul inspired album was produced by Tobias Jesso Jr. In this album, Emma Louise pitched down her vocals, using the idea she had during making her debut album. 

Spoiler

Lilac-Everything-by-Emma-Louise.png

Singles:

Wish You Well (released on 15 June 2018)

Mexico (released on 22 July 2018)

Falling Apart (released on 27 August 2018)

Over her career she has collaborated thrice with an Australian electronic producer duo Flight Facilities, releasing songs Two Bodies (2014), Arty Boy (2017), If Only I Could (2021). She has also collaborated with Flume for a song Hollow (2022)

Currently, she's making her 4th studio album. As seen from her Instagram stories, she was recently in Greece with Jonathan Rado (the producer of Titanic Rising) to record her new album.

url%5D

Vs Head Vs Heart album has aged very well and it was one of the best albums of 2013 for me. This album is so underrated and it's sad :ohno:

Cages still rips my heart out when I listen to it :crai:

url%5D

Happy 32nd Birthday to this Aussie Queen :oprah: and also Happy Birthday to her son too. They both share birthdays, how cute!

Also yesterday, Supercry album became 7! I still remember that day when it came out. A masterpiece!

Stream her music in her honor of her birthday :legend:

url%5D

Appreciation post for Emma's 3rd album Lilac Everything, released in 2018! This is a aesthetic moodboard I created for fun a couple of years ago. Lilac Everything is her Honeymoon. It's very soulful, sometimes plays with jazz and blues. Her most experimental album as well, since the vocals were pitched very low after the album was recorded because Emma during the recording of her first album, she heard her voice pitched down and after that she wanted to do an album with pitched vocals one day. Since her first album is very vulnerable, second album melancholic then I find this album quite depressive but in a good way. The themes explore heartbreak, life and idendity more profoundly than ever in her work. This album has her prettiest aesthetics which reminds me of Honeymoon. It's also her most underrated album. The album's last track When It Comes To You is probably my favorite song of hers, it's so powerful.

url%5D

url%5D