Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

The way I was like eww wtf when she announced it and now I am so hyped and here for Lasso, desperate for news and fully ready to enter my country lassonita yehaw era:whip: And that for sure relates to some of us, the impact she has :wowcry:

Henryyy come ooooon

oprah-winfrey-stunt.gif

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I just know that the Lasso album cover is gonna be one for the herstory books :true:

2bfdb5f27c0411b17e7345642d0743ba99f47af0
 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚ 

7 hours ago, NikoGo said:

When I say “bop” I mean OTTR/National Anthem, Diet Mountain Dew, Doin’ Time, HBTB, and Jimmy. Even Without You, a piano ballad, has SO much added production that it feels almost like a bop. 

I do think her albums have ‘bops’ (FIILY, TJF, Peppers, Taco truck) but they’re more chill bops, and while I absolutely can get down to them, its pretty clear they aren’t the traditional definition of ‘bop’.

Cinnamon Girl with Doin’ Time energy would have serveddd. That last minute of CG is so insanely good I have no idea why it was just an outro. 

I think we’ll absolutely get more Lana chill bops!

I think a country song with Doin Time energy would be a SERVE, but like I said, I think it’s silly to expect that because Jimmy was 5 years old and she didn’t even want to include it in the album, so that’s not what she gravitates towards releasing :bebe:

for sure. In the two days at coachella, she played, what, jimmy, summertime, doin' time and west coast. Like, 4 bops in a 15 track setlist. She's over making bops, and she's over singing them. She seems to be firmly in her "sad girl" era.

still, i'm hoping she and jack will have one day in the studio where they're NOT feeling miserable and are just fucking around like when they did Jimmy and, magically, a bop will materialize.

If it doesn't, and it's another collection of Sweets, I'll be fucking livid. 

33 minutes ago, the greatest bitch said:

ooof another collection of sweets does sound painful

it's also a cop-out. Like, we know you can make sad minimalist songs with just you and the piano, gurl. Give us at least another "Love" if you can't put together a "Doin' Time"

6 hours ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

The way I was like eww wtf when she announced it and now I am so hyped and here for Lasso, desperate for news and fully ready to enter my country lassonita yehaw era:whip: And that for sure relates to some of us, the impact she has :wowcry:

Henryyy come ooooon

oprah-winfrey-stunt.gif

Same I’ve changed my whole personality for it now so I’m ready lol

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues