Honeymooner

Interesting article about Lana

I hope this is the right place for this... "Media" didn't seem appropriate, and I didn't see anywhere else that looked right, so here goes. Mods, please feel free to move it if need be.

I ran across an interesting article. Despite what the title may make you think, it's a very good read! Written by a gay woman.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07/31/lana-del-rey-makes-me-wish-i-were-straight.html

I don't really get the authors message. All this thing about "being straight" and "wanting to be straight". Nothing to do with Lana's music. She's a straight woman and sings about this in her love songs as a logical consequence. But just because this are "straight" lovesongs, it doesn't mean you can't relate to them if you are homosexual. I really don#t get what this woman wants to tell us, apart from that she is homosexual and still likes Lana. But the way this article i written it would deliver a hate-party to every homophobic xD I mean, she almost stigmatizes str8 people like others do it with gay people. Why can't we just all enjoy the music and have sex to it, with whomever we want to? No super-long articles needed.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

The author isn't trying to say that she loves Lana despite being homosexual.  What she's saying is that Lana's songs make her (the author) want to fall in love with the men that Lana talks about in her songs.  The songs make the author want to, at least momentarily, be straight so that she can experience what Lana is experiencing.

Yeah and I don't really get why you would want to write such a long article elaborating about this ...

She's trying to illustrate the effect that Lana's music has on her.  She can feel Lana's need for love, sex, and whatever else.  She's expressing that the intensity of the music and the words make her want to experience those things that Lana sings about.