AKA Lizzy Grant

SOPHIE

4 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

resharing the potential droplets since it's basically confirmed there's more SOPHIE stuff that will be trickling out of the vault, via collaborators.

BC Kingdom EP
Big Freedia EP
Give It 2 Me - VIA BIG SISTER
Burn Rubber - VIA KKB
New York's Burning Down - VIA DOSS
Sunscreen - VIA LIZ & Tamta

anyone have any other thoughts/hopes?

Jeffrey Sfire has also been working for a couple of years in a Sfire comp release with all the work they did together, he announced it back in February.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sophie/s/EIVv6fjucL

Why was I thinking that this is getting released today and got super disappointed when I saw that it’s actually getting released on the 27th…they could’ve atleast released one more single :noparty:

3 hours ago, xaeon said:

"In her music, and in extravagant stage productions, Sophie made it clear that she would treat gender as fluidly as sound. One title Sophie had considered for the new album was “Trans Nation,” Benny said."

THIS ALBUM WAS ONE OF THE VERSIONS OF TRANSNATION!!!!

Take that assholes
:blush3:

And then the track got srcapped in the end?? This easily couldve been a 20 track album. Im not complaining, im very happy that we are getting “new’ songs, im just sayin…

Also on the topic of future releases I haven't seen mentioned here that SOPHIE teamed up with Cecile, Umru and Easyfun in 2019 to produce a score soundtrack to Hayden Dunham's '7 Sisters' performance at MoMA PS1. Later this year in June they showcased a full video recording of the performance at Company Gallery in NYC. Really hoping to be able to hear or watch the full piece soon if they publish it on Youtube or something.

39 minutes ago, fossora said:

And then the track got srcapped in the end?? This is easily couldve been a 20 track album. Im not complaining, im very happy that we are getting “new’ songs, im just sayin…

its also possible that sophie couldnt clear the sample for transnation. 

sophie trivia not a lot of people know: the entirety of transnation is not an original concept. its literally a cover of the piano mix of "House Nation", but replaced with transnation and more sophie-ish synths & sounds

20 minutes ago, bethanywhite247 said:

I don't think she wouldve made the music video if the sample wasn't cleared tbh :oprah7: i think if she truly meant to keep it on the new tracklist then it would've happened.  Hopefully someday itll see a release one way or another though

10 minutes ago, southbeachswing said:

I don't think she wouldve made the music video if the sample wasn't cleared tbh :oprah7: i think if she truly meant to keep it on the new tracklist then it would've happened.  Hopefully someday itll see a release one way or another though

well the music video did end up getting scrapped too. she made a lot of mvs, there was one for reason why and sunscreen

49 minutes ago, bethanywhite247 said:

sophie trivia not a lot of people know: the entirety of transnation is not an original concept. its literally a cover of the piano mix of "House Nation", but replaced with transnation and more sophie-ish synths & sounds

You could be onto something here. Pretty much all of the fan favourite songs that didn't make the tracklist made heavy use of sampling:

New York's Burning Down interpolates Burning Down by Tiga

Take Me To Dubai interpolates Love To Love You Baby by Donna Summer 

Europe For The Summer samples Dame Tu Cosita

Transnation interpolates House Nation

It's probably just a coincidence, but who knows. 

16 minutes ago, bethanywhite247 said:

well the music video did end up getting scrapped too. she made a lot of mvs, there was one for reason why and sunscreen

How far did those MVs go? I know Trans Nation was filmed obviously because of the leak, and Plunging Asymptote as a continuation with the same set because there's BTS footage, but I was under the impression that these other two were just conceptualised/written rather than actually produced/filmed. 

Also, on that note, do we think it's possible that we'll get a Plunging Asymptote MV now that it's confirmed on the tracklist? We know it exists, the only barrier I can see is that it's apparently a continuation of Transnation and it might not make sense now that the first part won't be released. 

29 minutes ago, czikszentmihalyi said:

How far did those MVs go? I know Trans Nation was filmed obviously because of the leak, and Plunging Asymptote as a continuation with the same set because there's BTS footage, but I was under the impression that these other two were just conceptualised/written rather than actually produced/filmed. 

Also, on that note, do we think it's possible that we'll get a Plunging Asymptote MV now that it's confirmed on the tracklist? We know it exists, the only barrier I can see is that it's apparently a continuation of Transnation and it might not make sense now that the first part won't be released. 

sunscreen & reason why were allegedly finished. reason why was them driving a car in the desert with lasers, i think thats all we know lol